The rights attempt to cancel Michelle Obama

That is the way these thing work now, find an extreme example and pretend it is the norm so the base will be outraged. There is no question though about the books being pulled and banned…majority involve or written by blacks, lgbtq people or have charecters that are.

It also what the right has been using in demonizing teachers.
Amazing, you just nailed Tommie's technique!

Everybody has rights over here as well. A problem here though is where their rights start to infringe on mine.It drags society down to a lowest common denominator and damages our society.

On an earlier posting you xomment on books being taught in school. You wonder why lgbtq needs to be taught in school. I would suggest that the lifestyle needs to be seen as normal for the benefits of all the kids in school.

Firstly there will be youngsters there who have two mothers or two fathers. They will be in a minority nd the schools have a duty to help them feel comfortable. Secondly the schools have a duty to the other kids to help them understand what the world they live in is actually like.

Otherwise the danger is that the children of homophobes might grow up with hateful attitudes towards gay folk. The kids arent being taught exciting new sexual positions, just about relationships.
But that didn't happen, did it? And your complaint is that the person even had the right/ability to voice their opinion not that their opinion affected you or anyone else for that matter.

Again not the job of the school. Reading, writing, math, science, and history/civics. They are struggling to do that effectively, maybe because they are getting involved with trying to teach things they aren't mandated to teach. It's the parent's job to teach the other things. Especially since they will not allow for school choice.

But that didn't happen, did it? And your complaint is that the person even had the right/ability to voice their opinion not that their opinion affected you or anyone else for that matter.

Again not the job of the school. Reading, writing, math, science, and history/civics. They are struggling to do that effectively, maybe because they are getting involved with trying to teach things they aren't mandated to teach. It's the parent's job to teach the other things. Especially since they will not allow for school choice.
Well I disagree on both points. The latter I have covered. The former I will explain a bit further.

It was good that the school rejected this request. But I can see how this is likely to be a constant issue for schools. I agree that parents have the right to raise issue but there needs to be some sense around the process go keep it sensible.

Perhaps require the petition to be signed by a certain number of people ? That would eliminate the lone nuts and time wasters.

Well I disagree on both points. The latter I have covered. The former I will explain a bit further.

It was good that the school rejected this request. But I can see how this is likely to be a constant issue for schools. I agree that parents have the right to raise issue but there needs to be some sense around the process go keep it sensible.

Perhaps require the petition to be signed by a certain number of people ? That would eliminate the lone nuts and time wasters.
I guess but why should there be a barrier to my voice being heard? And what' the threshold? If I can get 100 people to agree with my dumb idea it doesn't make my idea any less dumb. The right to have my opinion heard is tied to the taxes Im paying to fund the school.

A parent in Texas attempted to get a biog of Ms Obama pulled from school libraries because she didnt like comments on Donald Trump in the book. Stating that it portrayed the defeated pres as "a bully".

Surely this goes against libertarian principles of allowing all opinions and free speech and stuff ? When is it ok for these youngsters to see opinions that differ from their parents ?

I would imagine that even trump would agree that he has a bullying side to his nature.
Does the school have a Trump book too, or is this just another case of leftwing propaganda being pushed on our children?

The rights attempt to cancel Michelle Obama​

A parent in Texas attempted to get a biog of Ms Obama pulled from school libraries

NO, Tommy, pull up your pants and zip 'em for two seconds! That wasn't the "Right" attempting anything, it was just ONE MOTHER trying to put up an infinitesimal fight against the deluge of constant, prejudiced, false, misleading attacks and misinformation on the President.

Being NORMAL now to the snowflake left, now constitutes being a "bully." :lmao:

I guess but why should there be a barrier to my voice being heard? And what' the threshold? If I can get 100 people to agree with my dumb idea it doesn't make my idea any less dumb. The right to have my opinion heard is tied to the taxes Im paying to fund the school.
There has to be some measure of support for it. Why is your voice more important than mine ? Most democratic organisations have bars that people have to jump to make changes.

Does the school have a Trump book too, or is this just another case of leftwing propaganda being pushed on our children?
Its about the first lady not a book written by her. Why wouldnt they have a book written about Trump ? There are plenty of them.

There has to be some measure of support for it. Why is your voice more important than mine ? Most democratic organisations have bars that people have to jump to make changes.
It's not and I didn't say it was. Im not the one in this conversation saying we shouldn't let people have a say because I don't like what they are saying.

A parent in Texas attempted to get a biog of Ms Obama pulled from school libraries because she didnt like comments on Donald Trump in the book. Stating that it portrayed the defeated pres as "a bully".

Surely this goes against libertarian principles of allowing all opinions and free speech and stuff ? When is it ok for these youngsters to see opinions that differ from their parents ?

I would imagine that even trump would agree that he has a bullying side to his nature.
Opinion verses Propaganda target at children in order manipulate and indoctrinate?

"Maria Corrales DiPetta, a spokesperson for the Katy Independent School District, told Insider the district reviewed the book after the complaint and determined it would not be removed. Any book that is challenged is reviewed by the district, even if only one parent submits a complaint, she said.

"We could have gotten hundreds of requests, and it would have gone through the same process," she added.

In December, the district began pulling books from the shelves after parents complained about their vulgarity, the Houston Chronicle reported.

"The Board of Trustees and I stand by this policy and firmly believe that there is no place for books that contain pervasively vulgar content in Katy ISD libraries," Superintendent Ken Gregorski said at the time."

This seems like a pretty reasonable policy. It doesn't seem like they are so overworked that they can't handle handfull of complaints they get a year.... Your hyperbole not withstanding

Last edited:

Forum List

Back