🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Science Is In, Fox News Is A Security Blanket

Oh cool... a Daily Kos piece about a book written by a leftwing hack. Yep, definitely, the science is in.

And you wonder why we just laugh at you folks.

...yah...the same 'science' Liberals use to back up their Global Warming claims....right before they ban any discussion and books opposing their opinion about it. :p

Oh cool... a Daily Kos piece about a book written by a leftwing hack. Yep, definitely, the science is in.

You don't like it so I'm guessing you didn't read any further than the first line.

You don't like it so I'm guessing you didn't read any further than the first line.
I only see a link, no content. Post the portion that best makes your case, unless you are incapable.

I only see a link, no content. Post the portion that best makes your case, unless you are incapable.
Here you go.

In summary, then, the “science” of Fox News clearly shows that its viewers are more misinformed than the viewers of other stations, and are indeed this way for ideological reasons. But these are not necessarily the reasons that liberals may assume. Instead, the Fox “effect” probably occurs both because the station churns out falsehoods that conservatives readily accept—falsehoods that may even seem convincing to some liberals on occasion—but also because conservatives are overwhelmingly inclined to choose to watch Fox to begin with.

At the same time, it’s important to note that they’re also disinclined to watch anything else. Fox keeps constantly in their minds the idea that the rest of the media are “biased” against them, and conservatives duly respond by saying other media aren’t worth watching—it’s just a pack of lies. According to Public Policy Polling’s annual TV News Trust Poll (the 2011 run), 72 percent of conservatives say they trust Fox News, but they also say they strongly distrust NBC, ABC, CBS and CNN. Liberals and moderates, in contrast, trust all of these outlets more than they distrust them (though they distrust Fox). This, too, suggests conservative selective exposure.

Science is science

If you do not like Dailykos science, then produce anti-Dailykos science!!

Join the debate!! Science demands it!!

Here you go.

In summary, then, the “science” of Fox News clearly shows that its viewers are more misinformed than the viewers of other stations, and are indeed this way for ideological reasons. But these are not necessarily the reasons that liberals may assume. Instead, the Fox “effect” probably occurs both because the station churns out falsehoods that conservatives readily accept—falsehoods that may even seem convincing to some liberals on occasion—but also because conservatives are overwhelmingly inclined to choose to watch Fox to begin with.

At the same time, it’s important to note that they’re also disinclined to watch anything else. Fox keeps constantly in their minds the idea that the rest of the media are “biased” against them, and conservatives duly respond by saying other media aren’t worth watching—it’s just a pack of lies. According to Public Policy Polling’s annual TV News Trust Poll (the 2011 run), 72 percent of conservatives say they trust Fox News, but they also say they strongly distrust NBC, ABC, CBS and CNN. Liberals and moderates, in contrast, trust all of these outlets more than they distrust them (though they distrust Fox). This, too, suggests conservative selective exposure.

You do realize his premise is based on Conservatives trust Fox, and distrust the MSM and Liberals distrust Fox, yet trust the MSM. Therefore, Conservatives are stupid.

Absolutely absurd.

Here you go.

That's what I thought, a bullshit op-ed piece. FOX does lean to the right but does have liberals on quite often. CNN rarely airs any discordant note.

Conservatives don't trust the other networks and liberals don't trust FOX so that proves FOX viewers are less informed? LOL.

Here you go.

You do realize his premise is based on Conservatives trust Fox, and distrust the MSM and Liberals distrust Fox, yet trust the MSM. Therefore, Conservatives are stupid.

Absolutely absurd.
The outright distortion that Fox produces has been documented countless times. As far as the MSM goes, that's a pretty large segment. Do you want to be a little more specific about which outlets of the MSM liberals trust?

Here you go.

Absolutely absurd.
The outright distortion that Fox produces has been documented countless times. As far as the MSM goes, that's a pretty large segment. Do you want to be a little more specific about which outlets of the MSM liberals trust?
The MSM airs anti-Trump stuff almost non stop while Hillary gets favorable air time. They won't cover the email or foundation scandals except for her viewpoint.

Here you go.

Absolutely absurd.
The MSM airs anti-Trump stuff almost non stop while Hillary gets favorable air time. They won't cover the email or foundation scandals except for her viewpoint.
I'm no fan of Hillary and I've seen plenty of dirt reported on her. It certainly wasn't from her perspective either.

The source being Daily Kos ended the legitimacy of the story right there.
How so?
Leftwing hack site.
I've seen a lot of articles on there critical of Obama, Clinton and Sanders. Maybe it's not as left wing as you assume.
Well, once in a while they have to throw something out there. That way some people can be fooled into thinking they're neutral. Sorry, but Kos is a hack site.

Forum List

Back