The second debate should be canceled.

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
Frankly I think this is much ado about nothing. However since everybody is absolutely volcanic in their reaction to the debate doesn't it make sense simply to cancel all future debates and cruise on into the election season?

I see no benefit for either candidate.

No matter how bad Biden looks it's not going to change a Biden voter into a Trump voter or vice versa

Maybe it will pull some votes from the middle? That remains to be seen as of yet; However given the vitriolic and stupendous uproar in the aftermath of the first debate It seems to me that decency and common sense both call for canceling the second one.

Last edited:
Frankly I think this is much ado about nothing. However since everybody is absolutely volcanic in their reaction to the debate doesn't it make sense simply to cancel all future debates and cruise on into the election season?

No matter how bad Biden looks it's not going to change a Biden voter into a Trump voter or vice versa

Maybe it will pull some votes from the middle? That remains to be seen as of yet. However given the vitriolic and stupendous uproar in the aftermath of the first debate It seems to me that decency and common sense call for canceling the second one.

Trump was scared to debate his Republican primary opponents, and now he's scared to debate Biden

LOL

Maybe it will pull some votes from the middle? That remains to be seen as of yet. However given the vitriolic and stupendous uproar in the aftermath of the first debate It seems to me that decency I'm common sense calls for canceling the second one.
We owe it to the process to have presidential debates on the docket. Hopefully the embarrassment we have this cycle of two sorry candidates doesn’t carry on into the future. My hope is that this is rock bottom for our politics and all we can do is go up

Trump was scared to debate his Republican primary opponents, and now he's scared to debate Biden

LOL
I can't speak to that. All I can say is that I don't think the debate did this country any good. A second debate is just an exercise in cruelty at this point.

Jo

Maybe it will pull some votes from the middle? That remains to be seen as of yet; However given the vitriolic and stupendous uproar in the aftermath of the first debate It seems to me that decency and common sense both call for canceling the second one.
Well, perhaps there will be a third party candidate that makes headway and creates interest in a second debate. There is still 4 months which in politics is a long time.

I can't speak to that. All I can say is that I don't think the debate did this country any good. A second debate is just an exercise in cruelty at this point.

Jo
And Trump should say that: “it is elder abuse, and I don’t want to be party to that.”

Well, perhaps there will be a third party candidate that makes headway and creates interest in a second debate. There is still 4 months which in politics is a long time.
That doesn't apply anymore since election day has been turned into election season.

Certainly not until the DNC is over and a nominee chosen.

Jo
A second debate is elder abuse. So.... bring it on. I don't mind seeing Biden destroyed in real time.

It actually looks like it's getting to that stage.
Mid-stage dementia patients can have ups and downs - and we saw the down at the debate. Sometimes you can have a fairly normal discussion, and the next hour, they don’t even understand that they are in their own home.

And there’s something else that is worrisome. At age 81, he is likely to have some time in a hospital, and even a couple of days can bring on hospital-acquired delusion (in dementia patients) which sends them downhill even further.

Biden absolutely should not be the nominee, nor even the president right now. My mother is staged at mid-level, and Biden is much worse.

A second debate is elder abuse. So.... bring it on. I don't mind seeing Biden destroyed in real time.
I hope Trump has the decency to step up to the plate and do the right thing. It wouldn't be a good look for him to go into a second debate counting on Joe being unable to fight back. Who knows... Joe could have a good day and surprise the hell out of everybody. I think it was a mistake for Trump to enter the first debate.... I'm not really sure what he gained from it. If anything he's helping them replace Biden... I'm not sure he wants that to happen.

Forum List

Back