The Shiva-Shivo Consumer Diagram

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Here is a mock dialogue about 'consumerism metaphysics' between Shiva (supreme Hindu god of destruction) and his imaginary 'mirror-image' Shivo (a shadow-demon who contends with Shiva about virtually everything).

I will compare Shiva to Wolverine (the Marvel Comics 'mutant superhero' who symbolizes prowess) and Shivo to the Xenomorph (predatory alien creature from the popular Alien sci-fi horror film franchise).

Shiva therefore represents confidence, while 'Shivo' represents cunning.

The purpose of this very casual (and hence non-academic!) dialogue is to encourage ideas about how attitudes towards consumerism culture affect humanity's perspectives on 'profiteerism confidence.'

Does our capitalism-subjective American President (Donald Trump) seem like the right 'fortunato diplomat,' or would this mock dialogue amuse First Lady Melania Trump more than our President?

====

SHIVA: Let's see who can find more lucky 4-leaf clovers in Ireland in one year!
SHIVO: Alright. I bet I can find at least 5.
SHIVA: Well, 5 is a big number (those clovers are rare), but I bet I can find 3 and you'll find no more than 2!
SHIVO: What is the point of this albeit fun contest?
SHIVA: The loser has to buy the winner a box of Lucky Charms breakfast cereal.
SHIVO: Ah, I see, since the clover bounty is sufficient to warrant a simple and humble prize!
SHIVA: Exactly. Make sure you have money to buy me cereal if I win.
SHIVO: Alright. Make sure you don't ask me for money to buy cereal for me if you lose.
SHIVA: Haha, very funny. I have a credit card, so don't worry...
SHIVO: Alright. Why do we have to find these clovers in Ireland?
SHIVA: It will feel more 'authentic.' The Irish are more superstitious about leprechauns than Americans.
SHIVO: Yes, but Lucky Charms is an American breakfast cereal.
SHIVA: America was founded by Europeans.
SHIVO: Are you being sarcastic about American capitalism/consumerism?
SHIVA: No, I'm simply being critical. I like American art (e.g., comic books).
SHIVO: Which 'American pop art' avatar do you identify with the most?
SHIVA: Marvel Comics' Wolverine (since he represents prowess).
SHIVO: I identity with the eerily cunning Xenomorph (from the Alien film franchise).
SHIVA: Do you think Wolverine and Xenomorph are at odds about capitalism/consumerism?
SHIVO: I would say Wolverine defends the Pentagon, while the Xenomorph hates Burger King.
SHIVA: Fair enough. We'll see if Wolverine is 'luckier' in his quest for clovers than your Xenomorph.
SHIVO: They should make a video game about shopping malls!
SHIVA: There's a comparable American consumerism show called Guy's Grocery Games.
SHIVO: I like television, and I like movies about Irish mythology such as Leprechaun.
SHIVA: Let us conclude that the winner of our clover-hunting contest best represents consumer confidence!
SHIVO: It's a fair and imaginative game, so I'll say right now that you'll lose, since you're too idealistic.

====

SHIVA and SHIVO:

shiva-shivo.jpg

WOLVERINE and XENOMORPH:

warriors2.jpg

Forum List

Back