The shutdown is tiny?

So youre saying that numbers can only be big in the context of percentages? Who and when came to a consensus on that? So does that mean that 18% of the stars in the universe is a small number?

Looka, all we are saying is that if the government is so huge that a less than 20% shutdown id catastrophic, then that government s way too big.

But that isn't what you said before. You implied anything 20% of any amount is a small number.

Relative to the whole, it is. And according to basic accounting principles.
Do you think the average person would even notice those stars misssing when 82% remained?
Now if we look at how many were employed by the federal government in Aug, latest employment statistics report, on average, if 18% were laid off, then that would come to approximately 7800 per 50 states- not including territories, foreign embassies, etc.

And beyond that, it has already been passed that these employees will be paid upon resolution of this shutdown, for that time off, which actually gives them all another paid vacation. The private sector workers should only be so lucky.

Last edited:
Looka, all we are saying is that if the government is so huge that a less than 20% shutdown id catastrophic, then that government s way too big.

But that isn't what you said before. You implied anything 20% of any amount is a small number.

Now if we look at how many were employed by the federal government in Aug, latest employment statistics report, on average, if 18% were laid off, then that would come to approximately 7800 per 50 states- not including territories, foreign embassies, etc.

And beyond that, it has already been passed that these employees will be paid upon resolution of this shutdown, for that time off, which actually gives them all another paid vacation. The private sector workers should only be so lucky.

And by that logic of how large is defined, you are implying that 18% of the universe's stars is a small number.

All that aside, does that mean you don't think 500,000 is a large number simply because it happens to be the percentage of a larger number?

And by that logic of how large is defined, you are implying that 18% of the universe's stars is a small number.

All that aside, does that mean you don't think 500,000 is a large number simply because it happens to be the percentage of a larger number?

Depends on the percentage. And you failed to even mention the figures I gave you as wellas the fact they will get paid for this time off..

Depends on the percentage. And you failed to even mention the figures I gave you as wellas the fact they will get paid for this time off..

That logic still doesn't explain why 18% of the universe's stars is a small number. Why does breaking down the numbers by state make a piss bit of difference? What is your point?

The back pay is only a small comfort considering we have no idea how long this shut down will last.

What are you 13? Is that your idea of a comeback? Of course, what should I expect? I am dealing with a retard.

Let me get this straight. I can't define "large", yet you can define "not large"? Not only that, but your retarded definition of "not large" is based on the context of the random number "5 billion". Are you aware that there is a LARGER number than 5 billion?

Thanks that made my day.

You're too stupid to understand what you wrote, much less what I wrote. Your post referred to you as a retard who thought homosexuality was a disease. Ididnt make that up. I just read what you wrote.

I'm not defining large or small. You're the one offering these terms. They are meaningless without context, as I point out. You can't figure that out. 18% of anything is not a major part of it. Period.

If I was referring to myself, which wouldn't make any sense anyway, why did i use the word "you" in that sentence? Obviously "you" is not "I"

You defined not large you dumb shit. That was a term you offered. Why is it acceptable to define not large but not large or small? See, you defined not large within the context of 5 billion and offered no other alternative for the definition. This is something idiots do.

Major of anything? Are you even listening to yourself?

I realize your third grade education prevents you from understanding you've been pwned on this. Here. Thank me later.
Dangling modifier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are the one who is maintaining that 18% is an enormous figure, without bothering to define that. 18% isn't even a one fifth. No one is going to call that enormous. Even large.

Clearly I meant 18% of the federal government is large amount of people given the size of the federal government. If you're too stupid to understand that, I don't know what else to tell you.

You can't express yourself and it's my fault?

Define "large". You can't.

It's your fault if you can't understand what I am implying. Coming from a retard who thinks homosexuality is a disease, I can't say I am worried about what you think of the way I worded something.

You want me to define large? How idiotic are you? A half a million people is large.

The population of the US is 300 million, that makes the government furloughs 0.3% of the population.

You are right, that is huge.

The GOP did not shut down the parks. Obama did. That's why they are returning the barrycades back to the White House and not COngress.
Maybe they should lobby for increased spending on infrastructure, science and technology?

if the National Parks Service isn't funded, all National Parks Service sites must be shutdown.

its called reality.

No it doesn't.

It's 18%, period. No point trying to spin it.
Has the world ended?
If Obama hadn't ordered open air monuments closed no one would have noticed.

And that is exactly why he ordered them closed........
And if the furloughs were equally spread among all departments no one would have been affected at all.

You're too stupid to understand what you wrote, much less what I wrote. Your post referred to you as a retard who thought homosexuality was a disease. Ididnt make that up. I just read what you wrote.

I'm not defining large or small. You're the one offering these terms. They are meaningless without context, as I point out. You can't figure that out. 18% of anything is not a major part of it. Period.

If I was referring to myself, which wouldn't make any sense anyway, why did i use the word "you" in that sentence? Obviously "you" is not "I"

You defined not large you dumb shit. That was a term you offered. Why is it acceptable to define not large but not large or small? See, you defined not large within the context of 5 billion and offered no other alternative for the definition. This is something idiots do.

I realize your third grade education prevents you from understanding you've been pwned on this. Here. Thank me later.

You are the one who is maintaining that 18% is an enormous figure, without bothering to define that. 18% isn't even a one fifth. No one is going to call that enormous. Even large.

I understand you feel conflicted about your stupidity, but accusing me of being stupid to distract from your own stupidity will do you no good. By the way, "pwned" is not a real word.

No, I never once maintained 18% is an enormous figure. You are very confused. How about you just give it a rest?

Gotta spend on Infrastructure....
That's gonna fix all that's wrong.

Probably should have thought of that before we got to almost $17 trillion in debt.

What the hell...
Let's get it over with...

We should go for it all...
Roll the dice.
Let's get that number up to a nice $20 trillion....

We can have great roads and bridges and shiny new airports...

And no one to use them.

I understand you feel conflicted about your stupidity, but accusing me of being stupid to distract from your own stupidity will do you no good. By the way, "pwned" is not a real word.

No, I never once maintained 18% is an enormous figure. You are very confused. How about you just give it a rest?

Projection. Go look it up.

I'm not the guy who wrote this:
Clearly you have no perspective of how big our federal government is. Just because it is 18%, it doesn't mean it is a small portion.

Give it up. You've been unmasked an an illiterate Obama poop-chute sniffer.

Projection. Go look it up.

I'm not the guy who wrote this:
Clearly you have no perspective of how big our federal government is. Just because it is 18%, it doesn't mean it is a small portion.

Give it up. You've been unmasked an an illiterate Obama poop-chute sniffer.

See, 18% is a large portion if it means 500,000 people. Maybe you'd have a point if i had said "majority" or "most" but i didn't. In this context, 18% is large. If you had lost 18% of your body in a car accident, would you not consider that a large portion?

It's rather pathetic I have to explain this to you.

Wow. I got the following alert when I signed onto my my securities trading platform this morning:

The U.S. government may default on principal and interest payments due on U.S. Treasury bonds, notes and bills. If this occurs, we will alert your firm via the NetExchange® platforms each business day that principal and interest payments are due. The alert will notify you that the principal and interest obligations due on U.S. Treasury products are in default and, as a result, payments will not be allocated to your clients' accounts.

Lots of calls from worried clients -- people who depend on this income -- the last few days.

Way to go, DC.

Last edited:

Wow. I got the following alert when I signed onto my my securities trading platform this morning:

The U.S. government may default on principal and interest payments due on U.S. Treasury bonds, notes and bills. If this occurs, we will alert your firm via the NetExchange® platforms each business day that principal and interest payments are due. The alert will notify you that the principal and interest obligations due on U.S. Treasury products are in default and, as a result, payments will not be allocated to your clients' accounts.

Lots of calls from worried clients -- people who depend on this income -- the last few days.

Way to go, DC.

We need to remove the tea party in 2014. They're seriously fucking us up.

Forum List

Back