the signs of a dying culture.

Mr.Right

Mar 19, 2015
A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.

Robert A. Heinlein, Friday

Any of that sound familiar? It should. It describes America perfectly.

A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.

Yes, and its more than that. A dying culture has no moral compass, no sense of right and wrong, no remorse, no sympathy, no God.

I am kind and courteous in real life, although online I get to play the ass..But the people I associate are decent polite people...Ii raised my kids to be that whey just as I was...Now the formal social attire in the US has decreased now that being well off and middle class has receded...Society has changed as has the US citizen.....but the culture is not dying hence the world still imitates us and desires our art....

I am amazed at the conservatives who are continually ready to lay our country in it's grave. People have been saying the same shit since the civil rights era and somehow we still survive and thrive.

Yes, and its more than that. A dying culture has no moral compass, no sense of right and wrong, no remorse, no sympathy, no God.
Where did all that good Christian living occur in the USA? It damn sure didn't during Manifest Destiny, just ask the Indians....

I am kind and courteous in real life, although online I get to play the ass..But the people I associate are decent polite people...Ii raised my kids to be that whey just as I was...Know the formal social attire in the US has decreased now that being well off and middle class has receded...Society has changed as has the US citizen.....but the culture is not dying hence the world still imitates us and desires our art....
Did you read my post about a tale of three nations? It proves you wrong.

Where did all that good Christian living occur in the USA? It damn sure didn't during Manifest Destiny, just ask the Indians....
There were never any "good old days" people have always been fucked up and ruthless.

Last time a nation imploded it was because Christianity caught on. Lotta Christianity in the news lately I notice...

I am kind and courteous in real life, although online I get to play the ass..But the people I associate are decent polite people...Ii raised my kids to be that whey just as I was...Know the formal social attire in the US has decreased now that being well off and middle class has receded...Society has changed as has the US citizen.....but the culture is not dying hence the world still imitates us and desires our art....
Did you read my post about a tale of three nations? It proves you wrong.
Then what culture is rising???

There were never any "good old days" people have always been fucked up and ruthless.
The entire history of mankind is humans being inhuman....no matter what religion exists...at that time..

I am amazed at the conservatives who are continually ready to lay our country in it's grave. People have been saying the same shit since the civil rights era and somehow we still survive and thrive.
No one said it would happen overnight. After all, it took Rome centuries to die. I doubt it will take us that long. Things are moving a lot faster with the internet and all.

Like most liberals, you just refuse to get the point. Compare our current rap music with the music of the 1940s thru 1960s. Compare the language and visuals on TV. Compare the crudeness of our culture in general.

We have become a culture of "the ends justify the means". Cheating and lying are OK if they result in your winning (note, Harry Reid's recent statements about his lies about Romney not paying taxes).

No one is saying that we are doomed, but the trend is in the wrong direction.

No one said it would happen overnight. After all, it took Rome centuries to die. I doubt it will take us that long. Things are moving a lot faster with the internet and all.
And Rome also had a large audience for the low-class street plays.....No society is able to overcome the boundaries of the human mind....

The entire history of mankind is humans being inhuman....no matter what religion exists...at that time..

Yes it is. But if we don't learn from history we are doomed to repeat it.

America is just fine, it's just different than what you would prefer.

And Rome also had a large audience for the low-class street plays.....No society is able to overcome the boundaries of the human mind....

So we should just give up, declare that all humans are deviates and that none of us can get beyond our base instincts?

Why do liberals always want to give up on humanity?

Like most liberals, you just refuse to get the point. Compare our current rap music with the music of the 1940s thru 1960s. Compare the language and visuals on TV. Compare the crudeness of our culture in general.

We have become a culture of "the ends justify the means". Cheating and lying are OK if they result in your winning (note, Harry Reid's recent statements about his lies about Romney not paying taxes).

That is because of censorship............in the 1960's when censorship was reduced you say the proliferation of the human psyche , the same one that was there when censorship was introduced.....my,,,my.....Humans will be humans.....

So we should just give up, declare that all humans are deviates and that none of us can get beyond our base instincts?

Why do liberals always want to give up on humanity?
You work on yourself and make a good role model for those to honor you, show them the light you shine.....

America is just fine, it's just different than what you would prefer.

Just fine? really? blacks killing blacks are unprecedented rates, cops murdering blacks, the govt stealing from citizens and spying on them, 18 trillion in debt, half the country on govt welfare? a culture that rewards "entertainers" who talk about HOs, killing cops, and live on drugs.

Sorry, dude. The USA is not just fine.

That is because of censorship............in the 1960's when censorship was reduced you say the proliferation of the human psyche , the same one that was there when censorship was introduced.....my,,,my.....Humans will be humans.....

wrong, most of the censorship was self imposed because people had standards of what was right and what was wrong.

Forum List

Back