the signs of a dying culture.

And Rome also had a large audience for the low-class street plays.
"Panem at circenses" when Rome was already on her death bed and the mob demanded the free stuff. We have that already here but we call it food stamps, Section 8 and television.
Bread and circuses - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Yes.......Feeding the poor led to Romes demise

:ack-1:
It must have, look at all the barbarians that wanted in to have some free bread...

"Panem at circenses" when Rome was already on her death bed and the mob demanded the free stuff. We have that already here but we call it food stamps, Section 8 and television.
Yet as in Rome anyone could get free bread, in the US it comes with many strings attached...
You don't have to be an illegal alien to get it, you can be an ordinary citizen also. So, where are the strings?
ordinary |ˈôrdnˌerē|adjective1 with no special or distinctive features; normal
(I had to put the definition in here to make sure that some idiot wouldn't accuse me with racism and derogatory comment)

I tried to make the comment idiot proof and provided the link to make sure morons would understand what I talked about. I should have known better from my previous experience with fools. There is no such thing as "idiot proof" because idiots are very creative to circumvent logic and reason.

It must have, look at all the barbarians that wanted in to have some free bread...
Now, you switched to "funny mode" You are no longer contributing anything meaningful you did before. You are pandering to idiots who will give you the "agree", "funny" and "thank you" ratings

No one said it would happen overnight. After all, it took Rome centuries to die. I doubt it will take us that long. Things are moving a lot faster with the internet and all.
America is just fine, it's just different than what you would prefer.

Just fine? really? blacks killing blacks are unprecedented rates, cops murdering blacks, the govt stealing from citizens and spying on them, 18 trillion in debt, half the country on govt welfare? a culture that rewards "entertainers" who talk about HOs, killing cops, and live on drugs.

Sorry, dude. The USA is not just fine.

You had to start hatin' on the brothas and sistas...​

stating facts is not hating

Hatin'- the act of directing negativity towards a specific person or group, usually verbally

I said nothing hateful. I merely stated facts. If you don't like those facts, do something about them.

I am amazed at the conservatives who are continually ready to lay our country in it's grave. People have been saying the same shit since the civil rights era and somehow we still survive and thrive.

Then all your damn yapping about the demise of the middle class is total BS, got it.

I tried to make the comment idiot proof and provided the link to make sure morons would understand what I talked about. I should have known better from my previous experience with fools. There is no such thing as "idiot proof" because idiots are very creative to circumvent logic and reason.
There are only two things that are infinite. The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.

Robert A. Heinlein, Friday

Any of that sound familiar? It should. It describes America perfectly.

Yes the white christian "kulture" is dying off and we will go forward and become a greater country

A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.

Robert A. Heinlein, Friday

Any of that sound familiar? It should. It describes America perfectly.

Yes the white christian "kulture" is dying off and we will go forward and become a greater country

so in your small mind the ghetto culture of drugs, ho's, and gold chains is superior?

Forum List

Back