the signs of a dying culture.

A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.

Robert A. Heinlein, Friday

Any of that sound familiar? It should. It describes America perfectly.

Yes, and its more than that. A dying culture has no moral compass, no sense of right and wrong, no remorse, no sympathy, no God.
Where did all that good Christian living occur in the USA? It damn sure didn't during Manifest Destiny, just ask the Indians....

Like most liberals, you just refuse to get the point. Compare our current rap music with the music of the 1940s thru 1960s. Compare the language and visuals on TV. Compare the crudeness of our culture in general.

We have become a culture of "the ends justify the means". Cheating and lying are OK if they result in your winning (note, Harry Reid's recent statements about his lies about Romney not paying taxes).

No one is saying that we are doomed, but the trend is in the wrong direction.
That is because of censorship............in the 1960's when censorship was reduced you say the proliferation of the human psyche , the same one that was there when censorship was introduced.....my,,,my.....Humans will be humans.....

wrong, most of the censorship was self imposed because people had standards of what was right and what was wrong.
Except those that didn't....

I am amazed at the conservatives who are continually ready to lay our country in it's grave. People have been saying the same shit since the civil rights era and somehow we still survive and thrive.
No one said it would happen overnight. After all, it took Rome centuries to die. I doubt it will take us that long. Things are moving a lot faster with the internet and all.
And Rome also had a large audience for the low-class street plays.....No society is able to overcome the boundaries of the human mind....

So we should just give up, declare that all humans are deviates and that none of us can get beyond our base instincts?

Why do liberals always want to give up on humanity?
You work on yourself and make a good role model for those to honor you, show them the light you shine.....

thats exactly what I do to the best of my ability every day. Why doesn't Obama challenge all americans to do just that, instead of telling them that they are victims and that only the government can save them?

This thread reminds me of the "All In The Family" opening. lol.

I am amazed at the conservatives who are continually ready to lay our country in it's grave. People have been saying the same shit since the civil rights era and somehow we still survive and thrive.
No one said it would happen overnight. After all, it took Rome centuries to die. I doubt it will take us that long. Things are moving a lot faster with the internet and all.
America is just fine, it's just different than what you would prefer.

Just fine? really? blacks killing blacks are unprecedented rates, cops murdering blacks, the govt stealing from citizens and spying on them, 18 trillion in debt, half the country on govt welfare? a culture that rewards "entertainers" who talk about HOs, killing cops, and live on drugs.

Sorry, dude. The USA is not just fine.

You had to start hatin' on the brothas and sistas...​

Yes, and its more than that. A dying culture has no moral compass, no sense of right and wrong, no remorse, no sympathy, no God.
Where did all that good Christian living occur in the USA? It damn sure didn't during Manifest Destiny, just ask the Indians....

Like most liberals, you just refuse to get the point. Compare our current rap music with the music of the 1940s thru 1960s. Compare the language and visuals on TV. Compare the crudeness of our culture in general.

We have become a culture of "the ends justify the means". Cheating and lying are OK if they result in your winning (note, Harry Reid's recent statements about his lies about Romney not paying taxes).

That is because of censorship............in the 1960's when censorship was reduced you say the proliferation of the human psyche , the same one that was there when censorship was introduced.....my,,,my.....Humans will be humans.....

wrong, most of the censorship was self imposed because people had standards of what was right and what was wrong.
Except those that didn't....

and those who didn't were shunned from society, today they are cult heroes.

A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.

It describes the internet generally, and this forum specifically. lol

Just fine? really? blacks killing blacks are unprecedented rates, cops murdering blacks, the govt stealing from citizens and spying on them, 18 trillion in debt, half the country on govt welfare? a culture that rewards "entertainers" who talk about HOs, killing cops, and live on drugs.

Quit basing your observations on cable news and your worst fears. America has nowhere to fall to since we are entering an era where the entire world is interconnected and at a similar state of development.

stating facts is not hating

Telling the truth is not synonymous with hate.

Jinx. You owe me coke. :)

Hatin'- the act of directing negativity towards a specific person or group, usually verbally

Last edited:
LOL. All of my life, I have heard people sighing for the good old days. When I was a child, I actually beleived some of that crap. But now past three score and ten, when I was a child is now the good old days. And I am here to tell you that there were problems with people and the things they did then just as there are today. Just differant problems. But, today, the oppertunities are far greater for any that will take advantage of the present technology. The worlds knowledge is just a few clicks away. Provided that you don't spend the time on message boards, and naked members of your species. LOL

Today we have problems with people sorting out what they really desire in life. Yesterday we had the same problems, tomorrow will be the same. No perfect utopia, then, now, or in the future. But life is made to live, and I intend to live it to the end. That means not falling for the handwringing ethic that demands that we always look back, rather than forward.

Yeah, like your avatar.

Hatin'- the act of verbally directing negativity towards a specific person or group

No one is directing negativity at them. He was merely stating a fact.

Yep... A dying culture is one that exhibits allof the signs of an individual who lacks objectivity.

So people have been saying the same thing since the US turned from it princiiples and allowed the government to pretend that it was God as a means to start handing out rights? (Which of course means that it could then take away rights, too.)

WHAT?

Oh wait... that's correct. Yes. That's when the culture started dying

People should be nice and polite in public, and vent in Flame Zone forums.

"What difference – at this point, what difference does it make?"

Forum List

Back