The "Special Counsel" Law is Patently Unconstitutional

My bad, I assumed that the folks at USMB are US Citizens and familiar with the US Constitution.
Yeah.

Although the U.S. Constitution grants no formal, express authority to oversee or investigate the executive or program administration, oversight is implied in Congress’s array of enumerated powers.[7] The legislature is authorized to appropriate funds; raise and support armies; provide for and maintain a navy; declare war; provide for organizing and calling forth the national guard; regulate interstate and foreign commerce; establish post offices and post roads; advise and consent on treaties and presidential nominations (Senate); and impeach (House) and try (Senate) the President, Vice President, and civil officers for treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors. Reinforcing these powers is Congress’s broad authority “to make all laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into execution the foregoing powers, and all other powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof”.

The authority to oversee derives from these constitutional powers. Congress could not carry them out reasonably or responsibly without knowing what the executive is doing; how programs are being administered, by whom, and at what cost; and whether officials are obeying the law and complying with legislative intent. The Supreme Court has legitimated Congress’s investigative power, subject to constitutional safeguards for civil liberties. In 1927, the Court found that, in investigating the administration of the Department of Justice, Congress was considering a subject “on which legislation could be had or would be materially aided by the information which the investigation was calculated to elicit”.[8]

CONGRESS HAS THE AUTHORITY TO IMPEACH AND TRY.

FINE LET CONGRESS INVESTIGATE, IMPEACH AND TRY.

BUT IS FUCKED UP WHEN HIS AUTHORITY WITHIN THE EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENT IS IMPAIRED BY A NUTLESS ROD ROSENSTEIN. IF HE COULDN'T HANDLE THE PRESSURE OF THE JOB HE SHOULD HAVE RESIGNED.

Oh, that's right: you're the "libertarian" who defends Trump. I'd ask "how's that working out for you?" but the ALL CAPS already tell me all I need to know.
4i6Ckte.gif

Department of Justice
Office of Public Affairs
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Appointment of Special Counsel
Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein today announced the appointment of former Department of Justice official and FBI Director Robert S. Mueller III to serve as Special Counsel to oversee the previously-confirmed FBI investigation of Russian government efforts to influence the 2016 presidential election and related matters.

“In my capacity as acting Attorney General, I determined that it is in the public interest for me to exercise my authority and appoint a Special Counsel to assume responsibility for this matter,” said Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein. “My decision is not a finding that crimes have been committed or that any prosecution is warranted. I have made no such determination. What I have determined is that based upon the unique circumstances, the public interest requires me to place this investigation under the authority of a person who exercises a degree of independence from the normal chain of command.”

Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein added, “Each year, the career professionals of the U.S. Department of Justice conduct tens of thousands of criminal investigations and handle countless other matters without regard to partisan political considerations. I have great confidence in the independence and integrity of our people and our processes. Considering the unique circumstances of this matter, however, I determined that a Special Counsel is necessary in order for the American people to have full confidence in the outcome. Our nation is grounded on the rule of law, and the public must be assured that government officials administer the law fairly. Special Counsel Mueller will have all appropriate resources to conduct a thorough and complete investigation, and I am confident that he will follow the facts, apply the law and reach a just result.”

Special Counsel Mueller has agreed to resign from his private law firm in order to avoid any conflicts of interest with firm clients or attorneys.

A copy of the order is attached.

_---------------__________--------------________

The Constitution authorizes three branches of government independent and co-equal.

It does not authorize one branch to interfere with another .branch.

But SCOTUS, again, took it upon itself to amend the constitution in order to allow the judiciary to interfere with powers of the executive branch, Morrison v. Olson, 487 U.S. 654, 699, 108 S.Ct. 2597, 101 L.Ed.2d 569 (1988) (Scalia, J., dissenting).

That case ought to be reversed. And the Constitution restored.

But SCOTUS, again, took it upon itself to amend the constitution in order to allow the judiciary to interfere with powers of the executive branch, Morrison v. Olson, 487 U.S. 654, 699, 108 S.Ct. 2597, 101 L.Ed.2d 569 (1988) (Scalia, J., dissenting).

Dissent: Scalia
Majority: Rehnquist, joined by Brennan, White, Marshall, Blackmun, Stevens, O'Connor

As soon as Mueller starts uncovering the democrat operatives who leaked documents to the media the DNC will cry "unconstitutional" and derail the investigation. It's their ace in the hole.

Oh, that's right: you're the "libertarian" who defends Trump. I'd ask "how's that working out for you?" but the ALL CAPS already tell me all I need to know.
4i6Ckte.gif

We were given 2 choices on Nov 2016.

We were forced to select the lesser of two evils.

I have a problem when career bureaucrats and civil servants get to stick it to the person who threatens their jobs and agendas.

Had Ron Paul won he would been a greater threat to the swamp than DJT. Imagine what they would have done to him.

As soon as Mueller starts uncovering the democrat operatives who leaked documents to the media the DNC will cry "unconstitutional" and derail the investigation. It's their ace in the hole.

Let me remind you that Mueller is biased scumbag. He refused to investigate the IRS when the agency decided to stick it to conservative groups.

Last edited:
4i6Ckte.gif

I have a problem when career bureaucrats and civil servants get to stick it to the person who threatens their jobs and agendas.

Had Ron Paul won he would been a greater threat to the swamp than DJT. Imagine what they would have done to him.

Trump has filled the swamp, not drained it. He hired 3 Goldman-Sachs bigwigs. But at least he didn't give a speech to them.

Let me remind you that Mueller is biased scumbag. He refused to investigate the IRS when the agency decided to stick it to conservative groups.

Because they don't investigate fake news.

When there are hundreds of rightwing organizations springing up overnight, all connected to this Astroturfed Tea Party movement, all asking for tax-free status, it's the responsibility of the IRS to determine if they are legitimate or scammers looking to take advantage of a movement.

let me remind EVERYONE .. if Trump wasn't a piece of shit Mueller and the entire investigation wouldn't exist.

we didn't get to be where we are today because some media source singled out Donnieboi because he is such a swell, honest guy that plays by the rules.

Last edited:

You need to get off the right wing infotainment complex BS machine Bubs

The IRS scandal unwinds

"Rather than the Nixonian conspiracy that George Will and The Wall Street Journal editorial page so darkly warned about—with zero evidence—you have a routine bureaucratic procedure meant to bundle potentially problematic applicants together for further review."

The IRS scandal unwinds

On September 5, 2014, the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations released its report on the controversy. The subcommittee's majority report, authored by subcommittee chairman Senator Carl Levin and submitted for the subcommittee's Democrats, concurred with TIGTA's finding that inappropriate screening criteria were used but concluded that there was no intentional wrongdoing or political bias in the use of the criteria. The majority faulted TIGTA for omitting from its report that liberal groups were also selected for additional screening and that previous TIGTA inquiries found no indication of political bias at the IRS
Senate subcommittee: No political bias in IRS targeting

U.S. Senate investigators split on party lines over IRS scandal

4i6Ckte.gif

Trump has filled the swamp, not drained it. He hired 3 Goldman-Sachs bigwigs. But at least he didn't give a speech to them.

Imagine if Trump had nominated Dr Paul. He would have been shot on the spot..

The deep state has adopted a policy which states" the swamp shall not be drained"

let me remind EVERYONE .. if Trump wasn't a piece of shit Mueller and the entire investigation wouldn't exist.

we didn't get to be where we are today because some media source singled out Donnieboi because he is such a swell, honest guy that plays by the rules.

Let me remind EVERYONE...If Trump wasn't a threat to the demo_rats, the deep state and the crooked media Mueller and the entire investigation wouldn't exist.

We got here because the Podesta/Clinton axis was angry because Trump beat the pants out HRC which in heir criminal opinion showed that Trump doesn't play by the rules.

Department of Justice
Office of Public Affairs
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Appointment of Special Counsel
Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein today announced the appointment of former Department of Justice official and FBI Director Robert S. Mueller III to serve as Special Counsel to oversee the previously-confirmed FBI investigation of Russian government efforts to influence the 2016 presidential election and related matters.

“In my capacity as acting Attorney General, I determined that it is in the public interest for me to exercise my authority and appoint a Special Counsel to assume responsibility for this matter,” said Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein. “My decision is not a finding that crimes have been committed or that any prosecution is warranted. I have made no such determination. What I have determined is that based upon the unique circumstances, the public interest requires me to place this investigation under the authority of a person who exercises a degree of independence from the normal chain of command.”

Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein added, “Each year, the career professionals of the U.S. Department of Justice conduct tens of thousands of criminal investigations and handle countless other matters without regard to partisan political considerations. I have great confidence in the independence and integrity of our people and our processes. Considering the unique circumstances of this matter, however, I determined that a Special Counsel is necessary in order for the American people to have full confidence in the outcome. Our nation is grounded on the rule of law, and the public must be assured that government officials administer the law fairly. Special Counsel Mueller will have all appropriate resources to conduct a thorough and complete investigation, and I am confident that he will follow the facts, apply the law and reach a just result.”

Special Counsel Mueller has agreed to resign from his private law firm in order to avoid any conflicts of interest with firm clients or attorneys.

A copy of the order is attached.

_---------------__________--------------________

The Constitution authorizes three branches of government independent and co-equal.

That case ought to be reversed. And the Constitution restored.

I thought an actual crime had to be committed before appointing a special counsel. So far, there is nothing to indicate that Trump did anything wrong. It's using resources for a witch hunt. The FBI supposedly conducted a secret investigation and found nothing. So, why are we doing this when there are no indications that a crime was committed?

All the media does is quote anonymous sources and back nothing up. We never hear official statements from departments, just nameless, faceless sources that might not even exist. The liberal media is simply continuing their efforts to take down Trump. I've never seen such sore losers in my life.

Congress has oversight.

No, it doesn't.

If one branch can interfere with another can

Trump appoint a special law clerk assigned to justice Roberts since obviously his ruling upholding Ocare evinces that he is not familiar with the constitution.

Can Trump appoint a special legislative Assistant for Schumer so that in the future he knows to vote to repeal Ocare?

You seem to be forget one thing. This is all being done within the executive branch. No one in congress or a court appointed Muller.

The IRS scandal unwinds

"Rather than the Nixonian conspiracy that George Will and The Wall Street Journal editorial page so darkly warned about—with zero evidence—you have a routine bureaucratic procedure meant to bundle potentially problematic applicants together for further review."

The IRS scandal unwinds

On September 5, 2014, the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations released its report on the controversy. The subcommittee's majority report, authored by subcommittee chairman Senator Carl Levin and submitted for the subcommittee's Democrats, concurred with TIGTA's finding that inappropriate screening criteria were used but concluded that there was no intentional wrongdoing or political bias in the use of the criteria. The majority faulted TIGTA for omitting from its report that liberal groups were also selected for additional screening and that previous TIGTA inquiries found no indication of political bias at the IRS

STFU

The most glaring example is, of course, the Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal, which is connected to broader claims of corruption involving the Clinton Foundation. President Obama told 60 Minutes in 2015 that Clinton had simply made a mistake: “I don’t think it posed a national security problem,” he said. The media bought it — and so did the Department of Justice, despite a mountain of evidence that she had been “extremely careless,” as Comey put it later.

Another example that still rankles conservatives was the IRS scandal, where there were clear violations of federal law, including the deliberate leak of confidential taxpayer information to partisan groups, as well as violation of conservatives’ civil rights. Yet the Department of Justice let former IRS official Lois Lerner, and her bosses, off the hook, saying the IRS was merely guilty of “mismanagement, poor judgment and institutional inertia” but no crimes.

There was also the Fast and Furious scandal, where the Obama administration, under the supervision of Attorney General Eric Holder, supervised the smuggling of weapons across the Mexican border, ostensibly to trace their path through drug cartels, but more likely as a pretext for gun control. Obama tried to use his executive privilege to cover up related documents, and Holder was held in contempt of Congress — but nothing more.

In the Stuxnet scandal, where the Obama administration leaked information about a computer virus that had been created to destroy Iranian nuclear centrifuges, the White House specifically rejected calls for a special counsel or special prosecutor. Retired Marine Corps General James E. Cartwright was eventually found guilty, but benefited from a lame-duck pardon by President Obama, setting a dangerous example for future leakers of national secrets.

Congress has oversight.

No, it doesn't.

If one branch can interfere with another can

Trump appoint a special law clerk assigned to justice Roberts since obviously his ruling upholding Ocare evinces that he is not familiar with the constitution.

Can Trump appoint a special legislative Assistant for Schumer so that in the future he knows to vote to repeal Ocare?

You seem to be forget one thing. This is all being done within the executive branch. No one in congress or a court appointed Muller.

You seem to forget one HUGE thing

The PRESIDENT has exclusive authority to determine what goes on within the executive branch.

If he didn't want to investigate the Russian scam he didn't have to.

Its up to Congress to use their constitutional authority to investigate/impeach/try.

The IRS scandal unwinds

The IRS scandal unwinds

STFU

The most glaring example is, of course, the Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal, which is connected to broader claims of corruption involving the Clinton Foundation. President Obama told 60 Minutes in 2015 that Clinton had simply made a mistake: “I don’t think it posed a national security problem,” he said. The media bought it — and so did the Department of Justice, despite a mountain of evidence that she had been “extremely careless,” as Comey put it later.

Another example that still rankles conservatives was the IRS scandal, where there were clear violations of federal law, including the deliberate leak of confidential taxpayer information to partisan groups, as well as violation of conservatives’ civil rights. Yet the Department of Justice let former IRS official Lois Lerner, and her bosses, off the hook, saying the IRS was merely guilty of “mismanagement, poor judgment and institutional inertia” but no crimes.

There was also the Fast and Furious scandal, where the Obama administration, under the supervision of Attorney General Eric Holder, supervised the smuggling of weapons across the Mexican border, ostensibly to trace their path through drug cartels, but more likely as a pretext for gun control. Obama tried to use his executive privilege to cover up related documents, and Holder was held in contempt of Congress — but nothing more.

In the Stuxnet scandal, where the Obama administration leaked information about a computer virus that had been created to destroy Iranian nuclear centrifuges, the White House specifically rejected calls for a special counsel or special prosecutor. Retired Marine Corps General James E. Cartwright was eventually found guilty, but benefited from a lame-duck pardon by President Obama, setting a dangerous example for future leakers of national secrets.

LMAOROG, You Klowns and your made up BS

reagan-corruption.jpg

04cc1814a8277f70c227e75eabeafa5b.jpg

Reagan administration scandals

Reagan administration scandals - Wikipedia

The Iran–Contra affair, as it became known, did serious damage to the Reagan presidency. The investigations were effectively halted when President George H. W. Bush (Reagan's vice president) pardoned Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger before his trial began

1. Elliott Abrams (R) agreed to cooperate with investigators and in return was allowed to plead guilty to two misdemeanor charges instead of facing possible felony indictments. He was sentenced to two years probation and one hundred hours of community service. He was also pardoned by Bush on December 24, 1992 along with five other former Reagan Administration officials who had been implicated in connection with Iran–Contra

National Security Advisor Robert C. McFarlane, (R) pleaded guilty to four misdemeanors and was sentenced to two years probation and 200 hours of community service and was ordered to pay a $20,000 fine. He was also pardoned by Bush.

Let me remind EVERYONE...If Trump wasn't a threat to the demo_rats, the deep state and the crooked media Mueller and the entire investigation wouldn't exist.

We got here because the Podesta/Clinton axis was angry because Trump beat the pants out HRC which in heir criminal opinion showed that Trump doesn't play by the rules.

LMAOROG

trump-gif-update.gif

Forum List

Back