The Staggering Amounts Americans Pay To Kill Exotic Animals

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
The killing of Cecil in early July has ignited a global conversation about trophy hunting, American trophy hunters and the fragility of wildlife. We at The Dodo decided to spend some time gathering data not just on Africa's lions, but on the number of wolves killed in Wisconsin, the number of hippopotamus trophies imported into the U.S., the amount of money a trophy hunter will pay for a mountain lion hunt in Wyoming ... and more. Read on for alarming numbers about the world of trophy hunting.

More: The Staggering Amounts Americans Pay To Kill Exotic Animals

I don't call them hunters. I call them thrill killers.

The killing of Cecil in early July has ignited a global conversation about trophy hunting, American trophy hunters and the fragility of wildlife. We at The Dodo decided to spend some time gathering data not just on Africa's lions, but on the number of wolves killed in Wisconsin, the number of hippopotamus trophies imported into the U.S., the amount of money a trophy hunter will pay for a mountain lion hunt in Wyoming ... and more. Read on for alarming numbers about the world of trophy hunting.

You no killum buffalo???

Wow, the ignorance spread by MSM.

Big game hunting and the free market does more to assure the survival of endangered species than governments.

The surprising reason that hunting big game could be good for conservation
Big game hunting may actually protect endangered species - Business Insider

Many hunters think other African countries should follow South Africa’s example and encourage well-organised, controlled culling of species, so giving them a value to those that live with them. They argue that a rhino, like anything else, will eventually die of old age, so why not allow an elderly beast to be shot and charge fees that can be used to fund effective anti-poaching measures?

Trophy Hunting May Be the Key to Saving Endangered Big Game
Trophy Hunting Key to Endangered Big Game Conservation

In a nutshell, here’s how it works (we’ll break down each of these components in a moment):

1. The wildlife management and conservation programs that are vital to protect and otherwise benefit exotic big game animals (and by extension, the other animals in the ecosystems inhabited by big game) require money to operate.
  2. Funding for those wildlife management operations is, for many countries, an ongoing and, at times, losing struggle.
  3. Wildlife management program scientists and biologists have determined that a small number of specific animals in a population can and/or should be removed each year for the benefit of the health of the larger population.
  4. Trophy hunters are willing and able to step in and contribute to solving both issues by providing operating funds and removing problem or surplus animals.

looks like these governments like the money paid to them plus in my opinion if a person has money he / she can spend it in anyway that they like .

plus the money spent on guide service , food , lodging , transport , taxes and necessities MadScientist !!

skin , head , claws in the case of a lion . Just a trophy I guess , a reminder of something that very few people ever do or can do . Different strokes for different folks Lakhota !!

Why would anyone want to kill exotic wildlife - especially if they aren't going to eat them?
Taco Fusion may keep controversial lion tacos on menu TBO.com and The Tampa Tribune
Besides serving the standard chicken tacos and a giant nacho platter, the Taco Fusion restaurant specializes in all sorts of exotic meats: Gator, elk, bear, zebra and kangaroo. The lion meat taco is priced at $35 apiece, and has been selling well.

The lion meat is authentic, Gougeon said, and comes from a farm that raises the animals for meat. Such a practice is legal in the United States because lions are only considered threatened, and not endangered.

"... but on the number of wolves killed in Wisconsin, the number of hippopotamus trophies imported into the U.S., the amount of money a trophy hunter will pay for a mountain lion hunt in Wyoming ... and more."

Wolves in Wisconsin and mountain lions in Wyoming are NOT exotic animals.

"...especially if they aren't going to eat them?"

1. Had you paid attention during the "Cecil" flap you would know that little of the the meat from trophy killed animal is wasted.
2. Did you kill the cows that your shoes and wallet are made from? I doubt it

"...fragility of wildlife.".

Fragile wildlife becomes extinct weather humans hunt them or not. That's just Nature's way. A real Indian (who were serious hunters) would know that. Ever hear of "evolution". I remember hearing that alligators and sharks were "endangered" until the bunny-huggers stepped in. I'm sure those people eaten since then are properly appreciative.

I have a thread called canned hunting in pets section. Blood Lions will be released in NA soon....its a full length documentary movie getting worldwide press on the canned hunting industry. You can see the trailer online.

Big game hunting and the free market does more to assure the survival of endangered species than governments.

Many hunters think other African countries should follow South Africa’s example and encourage well-organised, controlled culling of species, so giving them a value to those that live with them. They argue that a rhino, like anything else, will eventually die of old age, so why not allow an elderly beast to be shot and charge fees that can be used to fund effective anti-poaching measures?

In a nutshell, here’s how it works (we’ll break down each of these components in a moment):

• The wildlife management and conservation programs that are vital to protect and otherwise benefit exotic big game animals (and by extension, the other animals in the ecosystems inhabited by big game) require money to operate.
    • Funding for those wildlife management operations is, for many countries, an ongoing and, at times, losing struggle.
    • Wildlife management program scientists and biologists have determined that a small number of specific animals in a population can and/or should be removed each year for the benefit of the health of the larger population.
    • Trophy hunters are willing and able to step in and contribute to solving both issues by providing operating funds and removing problem or surplus animals.

ah you bought the lies hook line and sinker!

How Trophy hunters destroy conservation - Campaign Against Canned Hunting CACH

Blood lions sheds a harsh light on the canned hunting industry Blood Lions

• The wildlife management and conservation programs that are vital to protect and otherwise benefit exotic big game animals (and by extension, the other animals in the ecosystems inhabited by big game) require money to operate.
    • Funding for those wildlife management operations is, for many countries, an ongoing and, at times, losing struggle.
    • Wildlife management program scientists and biologists have determined that a small number of specific animals in a population can and/or should be removed each year for the benefit of the health of the larger population.
    • Trophy hunters are willing and able to step in and contribute to solving both issues by providing operating funds and removing problem or surplus animals.

But was it a canned hunt??? Doubtful, unless they had a really long fence.

But was it a canned hunt??? Doubtful, unless they had a really long fence.

what are you talking about?

I'm not going to lie. I pay thousands every year to kill exotics at the King Ranch in Texas. Been on my 28th year. The hunting is exhilarating

Fuck you Injun. When you have money....you can do as you please........as in kill what ever yu want.In the name of George Armstrong Custer, the 'Trail of Tears' should continue with you worthless government tit suckers.

Last edited:

I'm not going to lie. I pay thousands every year to kill exotics at the King Ranch in Texas. Been on my 28th year. The hunting is exhilarating

Well, that just further proves what a heartless lowlife you are. I bet you really like to kill black animals - like black panthers and such. Is Ted Nugent your hero?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back