The State of the Union in a Single, Nuanced Sentence

Rumsfeld

Nov 10, 2014
Here's the latest episode of Conservatism with a Twiste, focusing on Obama's State of the Union address.

Curious to hear some feedback!

Sure...
First - you started the video with "Good Morning"...then after the promo, the first thing you said was "tonight we...". Just sayin...

On the topic, single sentence. I would say you are about right. Pretty much the summary was "everything is awesome, you have me to thank for it"
But then you went into vague rhetorical statements about liberalism etc.
Nothing of any real value.
How about saying - "the economy is great Mr. President? Economy is growing the fastest in 10 years? The markets have doubled?"...well who has benefited from this amazingness that we all seem to be missing?" "Answer? - since 2008 the top 7% wage earners have cashed in an unbelievable 33% earnings increase!! Whahooo!!...but what about the rest of us? The other 93% of people WHO HAVE JOBS?? Ohhh...we are not doing so well are we sir? Yeah...a 5% decline in earnings. In fact, isn't it true Mr. President that the earnings gap between the wealthy and the middle class is what is really growing faster in the past ten years."
You can't male points with rhetorical "liberals are all dumb" stuff...just simply tell the truth, it is far more damning.

Sure...
First - you started the video with "Good Morning"...then after the promo, the first thing you said was "tonight we...". Just sayin...

Good point! Ha ha! But the series pretty much always starts out with a "good morning" I think. And to clarify, I am not the guy in the video.

You can't male points with rhetorical "liberals are all dumb" stuff...just simply tell the truth, it is far more damning.

I don't think he ever necessarily drifted from telling the truth, but there is certainly a strong anti-liberal vibe, perhaps in the same spirit that you're implying.

Thank you for watching!

Not even a liberal can disagree they he put it. hhaaha

Well I don't think the guy who made the first comment necessarily agreed with it.

hermenutic
12 hours ago
Promoting the 'general welfare' is a legitimate role for government to take. The word 'general' in this context indicates the 'huddled masses' that were invited here to labor at almost slave wages in slave-like conditions in the mills and factories of this nation. The general welfare of these people was understood to be a legitimate concern of the Federal government. It is needed today as much as it has always been needed.
Just now · Like

Forum List

Back