🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Staying Power of Christianity....

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
...is disappointing.

You have kids, love them and don't stop loving them....then why is it so easy to grow apart fom God?

Jesus was not a Christian and very likely worshiped the gods popular during his lifetime.

I've always wondered how that particular god became popular and stayed popular. Yes, I understand that the Catholic church and Pope Constantine gave people a choice - bow down or die but that doesn't explain how and why it spread. And then, the most surprising part to me, even though its all copied from other religions, people continued to believe it. Why did people let those religions die out but then worship another religion that was exactly the same?

Interesting human behavior.

There are a lot of interested and true teachings in the Bible.
I still believe in God, and Jesus, but, just seems to me that when I gave a profession of this belief, invested time in Him etc., that that love would stay strong.

Makes me wonder what is up.....

It all boils down to faith. Science and logic probably out lives faith in alot of people.

Jesus was not a Christian and very likely worshiped the gods popular during his lifetime.

I've always wondered how that particular god became popular and stayed popular. Yes, I understand that the Catholic church and Pope Constantine gave people a choice - bow down or die but that doesn't explain how and why it spread. And then, the most surprising part to me, even though its all copied from other religions, people continued to believe it. Why did people let those religions die out but then worship another religion that was exactly the same?

"Pope Constantine."

:badgrin:

Because we sin. And our fallen nature makes us prone to do evil and die.

That's why an atonement was necessary and that we need to be born again

Last edited:
So, you make a professional of faith, get baptized, study the word etc. But still lose interest. I understand we are sin but we don't lose interest in our kids. Our bond is (should be) stronger .. since he's our creator

So, you make a professional of faith, get baptized, study the word etc. But still lose interest. I understand we are sin but we don't lose interest in our kids. Our bond is (should be) stronger .. since he's our creator
Loving your kids, i think, it is a bit different from faith.

Well if Good is real, and is our Creator, not really

"Pope Constantine."

:badgrin:
what was funny about that?

God being real is solely a matter of faith.

Not if he is really real....you can have faith in a concept and convince yourself it's real, but, if it is a genuine reality, it would not require faith.

Not if he is really real....you can have faith in a concept and convince yourself it's real, but, if it is a genuine reality, it would not require faith.
I agree. However, god isnt genuine reality. You must have FAITH to believe in the unprovable.

I agree. However, god isnt genuine reality. You must have FAITH to believe in the unprovable.
I have faith that God exists. What I am perplexed by is how easy He is to stop caring about.

I have faith that God exists. What I am perplexed by is how easy He is to stop caring about.
IMO, faith is easy to disturb. Especially when you apply logic and reality.

I honestly dont see how people still worship God. He was a tyrant with genocidal tendencies. Complete subordination or you spend eternity in hell? Fuck that lol

Not for those who have experienced His love

...is disappointing.

You have kids, love them and don't stop loving them....then why is it so easy to grow apart fom God?

The answer probably differs with each individual. One consideration may be that society has decided God is not that important in any open society setting. Another problem may be that the idea children form of God is from a childhood perspective. They decide these childhood impressions are all there is to know about God.

Some Christian sects may be contributing to the problem with their broadcasts that, "God did it all." (Recall the recent thread that grace plus anything else is heresy?) Faith should be a way of life. If it was simply touched upon, never really a way of daily life, as a child's life changes into adulthood, it is simply left behind. They don't know how to incorporate their childish faith into the faith of an adult.

Again, each individual would have to be asked. Some might say there just isn't enough time in their day. We move at such a past pace in modern times. With computers, TV, and other entertainment, how often do we see anyone out sitting on their front porch, simply watching others and contemplating life?

That doesn't cut it avatar

That doesn't cut it avatar

If God reveals Himself to you is it rational to pretend otherwise?

Forum List

Back