🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Staying Power of Christianity....

Loving your kids, i think, it is a bit different from faith.
Well if Good is real, and is our Creator, not really
God being real is solely a matter of faith.

Not for those who have experienced His love
That doesn't cut it avatar

If God reveals Himself to you is it rational to pretend otherwise?
Well, I don't believe in "gods" of any nature. So, no, that doesn't sound rational. Lol. Things like that could be perfectly explained by brain chemistry and emotion. Science. Using god to explain chaos is millennia year old tradition.
People still fill in voids instead of being patient and wondering and learning in the process. Look at AGW.
Faith and occurrences with the holy spirit are by choice.

There are a lot of interested and true teachings in the Bible.
I still believe in God, and Jesus, but, just seems to me that when I gave a profession of this belief, invested time in Him etc., that that love would stay strong.

Makes me wonder what is up.....

Would you consider that Protestantism is poison? Just a question.

I honestly dont see how people still worship God. He was a tyrant with genocidal tendencies. Complete subordination or you spend eternity in hell? Fuck that lol

Yeah if you dont like it then dont believe it. That makes it not true. Your logic is really pitiful.

Loving your kids, i think, it is a bit different from faith.
Well if Good is real, and is our Creator, not really
God being real is solely a matter of faith.
Not if he is really real....you can have faith in a concept and convince yourself it's real, but, if it is a genuine reality, it would not require faith.
I agree. However, god isnt genuine reality. You must have FAITH to believe in the unprovable.
I have faith that God exists. What I am perplexed by is how easy He is to stop caring about.
Take comfort in knowing Apostles had same failings.....but dont use that as an excuse to give up.

Romans 7
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

King James Version (KJV)

There are a lot of interested and true teachings in the Bible.
I still believe in God, and Jesus, but, just seems to me that when I gave a profession of this belief, invested time in Him etc., that that love would stay strong.

Makes me wonder what is up.....

Would you consider that Protestantism is poison? Just a question.

I think if prescribed biblically, no.
Man got involved however....

Take comfort in knowing Apostles had same failings.....but dont use that as an excuse to give up.

I don't disagree. Some of what I'm experiencing is guilt over not being in church (legalism) and reading the Bible (also legalism) ... I thank God for my good fortune, and I have been very lucky this past year. Luckier than most, and, I really don't think it's luck to be honest... I understand I have to "work" at my relationship with God, but once established, I don't see why it should be so hard. He's God afterall.

...is disappointing.

You have kids, love them and don't stop loving them....then why is it so easy to grow apart fom God?

Because the public schools implicitly teach your kids to be Atheists. Because Hollywood teaches your kids to be Atheists. Because the government criminalizes Christian values and thinking. And, because your church, if it's typical of a modern church, does a piss-poor job of teaching the faith. Your pastor is more interesting in entertaining the sheep, or at least in avoiding offending them and their non-biblical values, than in producing strong Christians.

I don't disagree. Some of what I'm experiencing is guilt over not being in church (legalism) and reading the Bible (also legalism) ... I thank God for my good fortune, and I have been very lucky this past year. Luckier than most, and, I really don't think it's luck to be honest... I understand I have to "work" at my relationship with God, but once established, I don't see why it should be so hard. He's God afterall.
Jeremiah 17:9King James Version (KJV)
9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Sinful nature at war with new man. Keep your eyes up...live like its real, faith becomes sight.

Forum List

Back