🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Stock Market has Declined ever since the Democrats won the House!

So that was the point of all this stuff? I must admit though, I do love charts.

Nope, I'm hoping for the best, regardless of who's in office. I was just pointing out some shallow partisan silliness. That's when you went drama queen and started demanding that I draw lines 'n stuff.

You wingers, both ends, are funny. You think that everyone else is party over country, just like you.

Yuck!

It is shocking how many people think we would sacrifice our own money and investments just to spite the guy in the White House.

I can only assume it is something they would do so they must think everyone is like them

So that was the point of all this stuff? I must admit though, I do love charts.

Nope, I'm hoping for the best, regardless of who's in office. I was just pointing out some shallow partisan silliness. That's when you went drama queen and started demanding that I draw lines 'n stuff.

You wingers, both ends, are funny. You think that everyone else is party over country, just like you.

Yuck!

It is shocking how many people think we would sacrifice our own money and investments just to spite the guy in the White House.

I can only assume it is something they would do so they must think everyone is like them
Yep. It justifies the behavior.

The stock market has declined since September 17.

Not that facts matter.

That's not correct.

Stocks declined in September only to rebound to the highest level the DOW has seen.

If you want to harp on "facts," try using them.

file.png
Is the market up or down since Sept 17?

It's almost as if you think when I say "declined", I mean absolutely straight down with no rallies. Which never happens.

Good gawd, you people.

The market has been declining in DECEMBER. It was UP in September - the OPPOSITE of your ignorant claim.
Since September 17, the market has declined.

Spin it any way you want. Honesty is optional for Trump and his fans.

Be a man and admit when you are wrong.

The market dropped in DECEMBER.

It rose 626 points today. For the moment, it is up for the year - that could change. It rose on the idea that Trump would fire Powell for his disastrous increase in rates last week. Powell is a globalist fool and should go.
Fruitcake, despite today’s wonderful bump, the Dow is currently at:

That’s still well below where it was one year ago today:

The crash was already baked in by the time the Democrats took control of Congress in January 2007. The fuses of all those bombs inside all those CDOs had been lit for years.

To be precise, the fuse was lit in 1975 with Carter's stupidity.

Collateralized debt obligations are just one way to package MBS and mitigate the natural risk of the toxicity of the popular ARM or "liars loans" that were buried in them. Not to diminish the role of CDO's in this, but that was not the only means of hiding the fraud of the financial industry. The concept of qualifying a borrower on an ARM without calculating the impact of the balloon is nothing other than fraud.
”To be precise, the fuse was lit in 1975 with Carter's stupidity.”

Oh, Fruitcake? What “fuse” did the governor of Georgia light?

You overtly placed blame solely on Democrats.
Do you read what you post?
Go ahead and read post #75. I guess you missed that where I said republicans shared a role.

You denying these losers think the 2008 collapse was bipartisan or all due to Bush?

I never see them acknowledge that democrats were in charge of congress during the collapse.

They only want to say Bush was president. In which case I show how the economy was a bipartisan problem.

Have you seen that G loser acknowledge the LOAN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION yet as displayed and seen by Cuomo?

The Commodity Futures Modernization Act was also bipartisan, signed by clinton. That exempted default swaps from regulation.

How about the repeal of Glass Steagall? That was bipartisan. repealed by clinton.

You think the pressure put on the banks after the Community Reinvestment Act was rewritten contributed?

They say no.
G5000 aka Major Asshole, is on Ignore.
Yeah, me too. I do admit it was a bipartisan problem, I did admit it in earlier posts.

Where are the libs acknowledging the role of democrats?

Show me who and which post. I have most of them on ignore.
Ideologues will never admit anything.

You are living proof of that.
Elaborate, given that both parties hate Trump.
This should be interesting and intellectually weak.

You overtly placed blame solely on Democrats.
Do you read what you post?
Go ahead and read post #75. I guess you missed that where I said republicans shared a role.

You denying these losers think the 2008 collapse was bipartisan or all due to Bush?

I never see them acknowledge that democrats were in charge of congress during the collapse.

They only want to say Bush was president. In which case I show how the economy was a bipartisan problem.

Have you seen that G loser acknowledge the LOAN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION yet as displayed and seen by Cuomo?

The Commodity Futures Modernization Act was also bipartisan, signed by clinton. That exempted default swaps from regulation.

How about the repeal of Glass Steagall? That was bipartisan. repealed by clinton.

You think the pressure put on the banks after the Community Reinvestment Act was rewritten contributed?

They say no.
G5000 aka Major Asshole, is on Ignore.
Yeah, me too. I do admit it was a bipartisan problem, I did admit it in earlier posts.

Where are the libs acknowledging the role of democrats?

Show me who and which post. I have most of them on ignore.
Ideologues will never admit anything.
Lol, Mac is hilarious
Mac straddles from the Left to the Middle, but it’s better than full blown insane.

That's not correct.

Stocks declined in September only to rebound to the highest level the DOW has seen.

If you want to harp on "facts," try using them.

file.png

It's almost as if you think when I say "declined", I mean absolutely straight down with no rallies. Which never happens.

Good gawd, you people.

The market has been declining in DECEMBER. It was UP in September - the OPPOSITE of your ignorant claim.

It rose 626 points today. For the moment, it is up for the year - that could change. It rose on the idea that Trump would fire Powell for his disastrous increase in rates last week. Powell is a globalist fool and should go.

So? Markets go up and markets go down.
US economy is doing much better than the global economy

Good gawd, you people.

So? That doesn’t help my portfolio.

So? It's the stock market, you should have known better if you have a queasy tummy.

I follow the S&P 500, which was a bit higher on Dec 3 (closing at 2790) than election day (2755). Opened at 2363 today and is currently up by 100.

MARKET IS NOW UP OVER A THOUSAND POINTS!
But I guess that Obama should be taking credit for it!

So? It's the stock market, you should have known better if you have a queasy tummy.
Can you be anything but stupid?? Anybody who’s invested has a “queasy tummy” after the Dow dropped almost 20% since October and the S&P500 slid into a bear market.

<smh>

He does not think the rewriting of the Community Reinvestment Act put significant pressure on banks to lend to low income neighborhoods.
The CRA only lent to QUALIFIED borrowers, but to the Racist Right no minority is ever qualified for a loan. BTW, it was Bush's Dec 2003 ADDI that allowed no downpayment loans to borrowers with BAD credit for MORE than the property was worth, and the rest is history.

You can count on the tards claiming that spending didn't increase until after the Democrats took the House. Or deficits.

They are just that stupid.

MARKET IS NOW UP OVER A THOUSAND POINTS!
But I guess that Obama should be taking credit for it!
If the market is up, Obama gets all the credit.
If the market is down, Trump gets all the credit.
That's the way it works on this board.
Oh? Kindly post a link to the Liberal on this forum who gave credit to Obama for today’s spike....

Can you be anything but stupid?? Anybody who’s invested has a “queasy tummy” after the Dow dropped almost 20% since October and the S&P500 slid into a bear market.

<smh>
I've been in the market since the 80's, Faun.
I've seen the ebb and flow of the market several times.
I don't like it when it goes down, but I sure don't get the jitters that you do, apparently.
It's not stupidity, Faun. Almost all my stocks are solid and I hold them.
Our economy is pretty damn strong and as far as I'm concerned the only game it town.

Maybe you would do better in a CD.

Please tell us what Lehman Brothers, Merrill Lynch, Bear Stearns, Goldman Sachs, AIG, JP Morgan, and Morgan Stanley had to do with the CRA.
depositphotos_4727391-stock-photo-number-zero-character-saying-zero.jpg
You are an ignorant ass.

New Study Finds CRA 'Clearly' Did Lead To Risky Lending | Investor's Business Daily

Democrats and the media insist the Community Reinvestment Act, the anti-redlining law beefed up by President Clinton, had nothing to do with the subprime mortgage crisis and recession.

But a new study by the respected National Bureau of Economic Research finds, "Yes, it did. We find that adherence to that act led to riskier lending by banks." Added NBER: "There is a clear pattern of increased defaults for loans made by these banks in quarters around the (CRA) exam. Moreover, the effects are larger for loans made within CRA tracts," or predominantly low-income and minority areas.

To satisfy CRA examiners, "flexible" lending by large banks rose an average 5% and those loans defaulted about 15% more often, the 43-page study found.

It passed a law requiring the government-backed agencies to "assist insured depository institutions to meet their obligations under the (CRA)." The goal was to help banks meet lending quotas by buying their CRA loans.

But they had to loosen underwriting standards to do it. And that's what they did. "We want your CRA loans because they help us meet our housing goals," Fannie Vice Chair Jamie Gorelick beseeched lenders gathered at a banking conference in 2000, just after HUD hiked the mortgage giant's affordable housing quotas to 50% and pressed it to buy more CRA-eligible loans to help meet those new targets. "We will buy them from your portfolios or package them into securities."

Read on.......

-----------------

Mac, you are a tool. Your little sheep are little tools.
Invested Bigots Daily is hardly a credible source. Just because some CRA loans failed does NOT mean they caused the Great Bush Recession.

No, the CRA Did Not Cause the Financial Crisis - The Big Picture
Let’s just be clear about what the CRA does and doesn’t do. It simply says that if you open a branch office in a low income neighborhood and collect deposits there, you are obligated to do a certain amount of lending in that neighborhood. In other words, you can’t open a branch office in Harlem and use deposits from there to only fund loans in high-end Tribeca. A bank must make credit available on the same terms in both neighborhoods. In other words, a “red line” can’t be drawn around Harlem, a term that dates to when banks supposedly used colored pencils to draw no-loan zones on maps.

Showing that the CRA wasn’t the cause of the financial crisis is rather easy. As Warren Buffett pal Charlie Munger says, “Invert, always invert.” In this case, let’s assume Moore and Kudlow are correct, and the CRA did require banks to lend to unqualified, low-income buyers. What would that world have looked like?

Here’s what we should have seen:

• Home sales and prices in urban, minority communities would have led the national home market higher, with gains in percentage terms surpassing national figures;
  • CRA mandated loans would have defaulted at higher rates;
  • Foreclosures in these distressed urban CRA neighborhoods should have far outpaced those in the suburbs;
  • Local lenders making these mortgages should have failed at much higher rates;
  • Portfolios of banks participating in the Troubled Asset Relief Program should have been filled with securities made up of toxic CRA loans;
  • Investors looking to profit should have been buying up properties financed with defaulted CRA loans; and
  • Congressional testimony of financial industry executives after the crisis should have spelled out how the CRA was a direct cause, with compelling evidence backing their claims.
Yet none of these things happened. And they should have, if the CRA was at fault. It’s no surprise that in congressional testimony, various experts were asked about the CRA — from former Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Chairman Sheila Bair to the Federal Reserve’sdirector of Consumer and Community Affairs — and none blamed the crisis on the CRA.

If that isn’t enough to dismiss the claim, consider this: Where did mortgages, especially subprime mortgages, default in large numbers?

It wasn’t Harlem, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit or any other poor, largely minority urban area covered by the CRA.
No, the crisis was worst in Florida, Arizona, Nevada and California. Indeed, the vast majority of the housing collapse took place in the suburbs and exurbs, not the inner cities.

Forum List

Back