🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Stock Market has Declined ever since the Democrats won the House!

The crash was already baked in by the time the Democrats took control of Congress in January 2007. The fuses of all those bombs inside all those CDOs had been lit for years.
What we're observing in these threads about the Meltdown is this entirely separate, ideological closed-circuit reality that has been created on the Right. Their take on the Meltdown is a perfect example of it.

They're not even aware of what happened, because they're not told and they're not curious. All they know or care about is (1) CRA and (2) blame the other guys. And they absolutely believe it, because it's all they know. If they don't know something, or if they don't like something, it's "fake news".

Books will be written about this closed circuit one day.

The crash was already baked in by the time the Democrats took control of Congress in January 2007. The fuses of all those bombs inside all those CDOs had been lit for years.

To be precise, the fuse was lit in 1975 with Carter's stupidity.

Collateralized debt obligations are just one way to package MBS and mitigate the natural risk of the toxicity of the popular ARM or "liars loans" that were buried in them. Not to diminish the role of CDO's in this, but that was not the only means of hiding the fraud of the financial industry. The concept of qualifying a borrower on an ARM without calculating the impact of the balloon is nothing other than fraud.

What we're observing in these threads about the Meltdown is this entirely separate, ideological closed-circuit reality that has been created on the Right. Their take on the Meltdown is a perfect example of it.

They're not even aware of what happened, because they're not told and they're not curious. All they know or care about is (1) CRA and (2) blame the other guys. And they absolutely believe it, because it's all they know. If they don't know something, or if they don't like something, it's "fake news".

Books will be written about this closed circuit one day.

Your TDS has you saying stupid things.

Trend lines are used by business to measure, well trends...
Take a ruler and draw a straight line from the peak of September 17, to December 1.
Again mac, you're attempting to bullshit your way out and there is no rational reason for it.
Okay, done, below. I'm showing a 5.24% decline in the S&P for the dates you provided.

Normally, in my financial advisory profession (I'm CFP, ChFC, CLU, Series 7, Series 65) we'd be okay with calling that a "decline".

What would you call it in your profession?
3730d76b-45fe-4b87-b550-2f37277e2d6d-original.gif

Last edited:
Take a ruler and draw a straight line from the peak of September 17, to December 1.
Again mac, you're attempting to bullshit your way out and there is no rational reason for it.
Okay, done, below. I'm showing a 5.24% decline in the S&P for the dates you provided.

Normally, in my financial advisory profession (I'm CFP, ChFC, CLU, Series 7, Series 65) we'd be okay with calling that a "decline".

And by the way, here's my original chart, which is also accurate and shows a "decline".

Would you like me to draw any lines here too?

42269ca4-f039-4868-aab8-631a40e1077c-original.gif

Ever think about the FACT. That the Stock Market has been on a steep decline ever since the Democrats won the House in the last midterm elections!

Makes you kind of wanting to say Hmm

The stock market has been on the decline since Trump issued his first tariffs...Ever think about that FACT?

Yer lying Comrade Marxist.

file.png

One little bump, but it has been down since that day...
upload_2018-12-26_13-16-8.png

That is kind of funny that you think he has a profession.

I'd be calling for another company if your were the financial adviser. The trend is generally flat with the big decline occurring in December.

I'd be calling for another company if your were the financial adviser. The trend is generally flat with the big decline occurring in December.
So now we're on to a different topic.

Okay.

Did you have a point, or was this just a charting exercise?

The bad loans were bipartisan.
Everybody made a killing.
The loans were bipartisan. Where did I say they weren't?
You overtly placed blame solely on Democrats.
Do you read what you post?
Go ahead and read post #75. I guess you missed that where I said republicans shared a role.

You denying these losers think the 2008 collapse was bipartisan or all due to Bush?

I never see them acknowledge that democrats were in charge of congress during the collapse.

They only want to say Bush was president. In which case I show how the economy was a bipartisan problem.

Have you seen that G loser acknowledge the LOAN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION yet as displayed and seen by Cuomo?

The Commodity Futures Modernization Act was also bipartisan, signed by clinton. That exempted default swaps from regulation.

How about the repeal of Glass Steagall? That was bipartisan. repealed by clinton.

You think the pressure put on the banks after the Community Reinvestment Act was rewritten contributed?

They say no.
G5000 aka Major Asshole, is on Ignore.
Yeah, me too. I do admit it was a bipartisan problem, I did admit it in earlier posts.

Where are the libs acknowledging the role of democrats?

Show me who and which post. I have most of them on ignore.
Ideologues will never admit anything.

Ever think about the FACT. That the Stock Market has been on a steep decline ever since the Democrats won the House in the last midterm elections!

Umm, the decline began prior to Democrats winning the House.
icon_rolleyes.gif

[thread fail]

Go ahead and read post #75. I guess you missed that where I said republicans shared a role.

You denying these losers think the 2008 collapse was bipartisan or all due to Bush?

I never see them acknowledge that democrats were in charge of congress during the collapse.

They only want to say Bush was president. In which case I show how the economy was a bipartisan problem.

Have you seen that G loser acknowledge the LOAN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION yet as displayed and seen by Cuomo?

The Commodity Futures Modernization Act was also bipartisan, signed by clinton. That exempted default swaps from regulation.

How about the repeal of Glass Steagall? That was bipartisan. repealed by clinton.

You think the pressure put on the banks after the Community Reinvestment Act was rewritten contributed?

They say no.
Yeah, me too. I do admit it was a bipartisan problem, I did admit it in earlier posts.

You are living proof of that.

The stock market has declined since September 17.

Not that facts matter.

That's not correct.

Stocks declined in September only to rebound to the highest level the DOW has seen.

If you want to harp on "facts," try using them.

file.png

That's not correct.

Stocks declined in September only to rebound to the highest level the DOW has seen.

If you want to harp on "facts," try using them.

file.png
:laugh2:
6 month change......-8.36%
December 2018.......-13.46%

The stock market has been on the decline since Trump issued his first tariffs...Ever think about that FACT?

Yer lying Comrade Marxist.

file.png

One little bump, but it has been down since that day...
View attachment 236938

That is kind of funny that you think he has a profession.

DERP

One little bump that is lower than the little bump in October..

All time high of the DJIA - 26,828.39 Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Hey you're a liar and a scumbag, but that's expected from you Marxists.

Idiot - you had your panties down shrieking that TRUMP IZ DUN (we hates him precious) in September, then you were humiliated when the market rallied. Now you TDS retards are again chanting in hopes of disaster. You WANT America to fail because of your insane hatred of the President.

I mean dude, you're really are fucking shit - seriously.

Okay.

Not at all. You are hoping for a market crash because your TDS overwhelms you. You cherry picked a date you thought would make the object of your hatred look bad, but it just reveals your own bias.

You know you can't defeat Trump in a booming economy, so you are hoping for an economic crash.

Okay.

Not at all. You are hoping for a market crash because your TDS overwhelms you. You cherry picked a date you thought would make the object of your hatred look bad, but it just reveals your own bias.

You know you can't defeat Trump in a booming economy, so you are hoping for an economic crash.
So that was the point of all this stuff? I must admit though, I do love charts.

Nope, I'm hoping for the best, regardless of who's in office. I was just pointing out some shallow partisan silliness. That's when you went drama queen and started demanding that I draw lines 'n stuff.

You wingers, both ends, are funny. You think that everyone else is party over country, just like you.

Yuck!

DERP

One little bump that is lower than the little bump in October..

All time high of the DJIA - 26,828.39 Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Hey you're a liar and a scumbag, but that's expected from you Marxists.

Idiot - you had your panties down shrieking that TRUMP IZ DUN (we hates him precious) in September, then you were humiliated when the market rallied. Now you TDS retards are again chanting in hopes of disaster. You WANT America to fail because of your insane hatred of the President.

I mean dude, you're really are fucking shit - seriously.

Dude, you really need to quit skipping your meds, you have having a major breakdown.

I do not hate Trump at all, just got done praising him in a different thread.

I do hate it when my 401ks and my portfolios are either stagnant or down...which they have been since the middle of Jan when Trump fired off his first shot in his stupid trade war.

I was happy that the Dems won the House as historically the markets always do their best with a split congress.

The fact you think I would want my wealth to suffer just because I do not like the guy sitting in the White House shows just how fucking stupid you are. I have not liked the last 5 guys sitting in the White House, yet I do care about me and my family.

So, please take your insane rantings and shove them back up your ass where they came from.

They say no.

Lol, Mac is hilarious

Ideologues can’t see it.
What the fuck can't I see?
The bad loans were bipartisan.
Everybody made a killing.

They say no.
”I never see them acknowledge that democrats were in charge of congress during the collapse.”

That is the dumbest shit spouted by the right. No one denies Democrats controlled the Congress in 2007 & 2008. :cuckoo:

We merely point out that’s s meaningless point since that Congress had nothing to do with the collapse.

Forum List

Back