The strange case of Mark Sanford

So...let me get this straight. If a political figure uses public funds in a way that is amiss, then he is misusing funds. But....if he pays back the misused funds from his own pocket, then the public funds that were previously used in a manner which was amiss is now nullified and the funds are no longer considered misused...only used. But what if he only repayed the misused funds after he got caught misusing them and otherwise never would have repayed them which would mean they would technically still be misused because he only turned them into used funds out of obligation to his guilt. I think you can only determine that irreguardless of his offer to repay misused funds to turn them back into used funds, he never should have misused them in the first place and used his own funds to finance his trip to see the girlfriend, which would have gotten him off the hook completely because then there would be NO question about the legality of misused funds that were later turned back into strictly used funds.

I think I understand now.

I need a nap

So...let me get this straight. If a political figure uses public funds in a way that is amiss, then he is misusing funds. But....if he pays back the misused funds from his own pocket, then the public funds that were previously used in a manner which was amiss is now nullified and the funds are no longer considered misused...only used. But what if he only repayed the misused funds after he got caught misusing them and otherwise never would have repayed them which would mean they would technically still be misused because he only turned them into used funds out of obligation to his guilt. I think you can only determine that irreguardless of his offer to repay misused funds to turn them back into used funds, he never should have misused them in the first place and used his own funds to finance his trip to see the girlfriend, which would have gotten him off the hook completely because then there would be NO question about the legality of misused funds that were later turned back into strictly used funds.

I need a nap

If he wouldn't have been caught, he would never have paid that money back.

No real difference between what he did and embezzlement. Can I go rob a bank and get off without jail time because I pay the bank back?

:doubt:

No real difference between what he did and embezzlement. Can I go rob a bank and get off without jail time because I pay the bank back?

:doubt:

Or even just take 5 days off of work without telling anyone anything.. We'd get fired.

Clinton didn't lose his security clearance BECAUSE HE DIDN'T GO OFF THE GRID!!!!!!!!

How the fuck do you keep missing that TXLonghorn?

Someone needs to smack this man. Now he's boohooing to the press again, telling us that he visited his mistress with his spiritual advisor as a chaperone (wtf) and that he's fooled around with other women to boot (but never crossed the line sexually). :cuckoo:

I'm telling you, Sanford is a real weirdo. The gay lovers are coming out soon.

Hmmm...I'm just curious...Did Bill Clinton lose his security clearance??? Seems to me that the very convenient use of the "Thou shalt not commit adultery" is a bit ironic in this instance. Is it one rule for all or just for those you want to punish?

Glass houses are a bitch

Elected officials don't have security clearance.
why did you respond to THIS post and not the one that actually brought up security clerances?

I need a nap

If he wouldn't have been caught, he would never have paid that money back.

Which member of the Obama administration are you referring to ?.....:eusa_whistle:

Clinton didn't lose his security clearance BECAUSE HE DIDN'T GO OFF THE GRID!!!!!!!!

Well, first of all I don't KEEP missing anything. But if you want to argue the point, OK...let's do it.

He didn't go off the grid? So you mean he didn't lie about his where abouts during his indiscressions? You want me to believe that he didn't give false statements pertaining to what he was doing while he was doing whatever or whoever? By the way, you make a grave mistake by assuming that I am talking about during his presidency. There were several other inappropriate relationships carried on by GOVERNOR Clinton. I don't recall any extravagant tails about hiking the Yukon or base jumping in Vegas, but I'm sure he had to have some pretty good reasons for being somewhere other than where he was when he was getting his "billy club" tugged. HOW THE FUCK DID YOU MISS THIS?????

Now...let's go back to what I was originally responding to. The point was made that he misused public funds to support his affair and that for that reason he should lose his security clearance. So, I assumed that if it is a good enough reason to take the security clearance of a governor from SC...then hell, it must be good enough for the boy from Hope, AR. Right??? Hell, for all we know, Bill Clinton was off the grid more during his term as governor than Sanford EVER was.

NEXT!!

Well, first of all I don't KEEP missing anything. But if you want to argue the point, OK...let's do it.

He didn't go off the grid? So you mean he didn't lie about his where abouts during his indiscressions? You want me to believe that he didn't give false statements pertaining to what he was doing while he was doing whatever or whoever? By the way, you make a grave mistake by assuming that I am talking about during his presidency. There were several other inappropriate relationships carried on by GOVERNOR Clinton. I don't recall any extravagant tails about hiking the Yukon or base jumping in Vegas, but I'm sure he had to have some pretty good reasons for being somewhere other than where he was when he was getting his "billy club" tugged. HOW THE FUCK DID YOU MISS THIS?????

Now...let's go back to what I was originally responding to. The point was made that he misused public funds to support his affair and that for that reason he should lose his security clearance. So, I assumed that if it is a good enough reason to take the security clearance of a governor from SC...then hell, it must be good enough for the boy from Hope, AR. Right??? Hell, for all we know, Bill Clinton was off the grid more during his term as governor than Sanford EVER was.

NEXT!!

The difference is that we have to speculate as to what Clinton was up to. We know that Sanford disappeared without letting anyone know his whereabouts for 6 days. We only found out where he was when his cell phone was pinged by the South Carolina Highway Patrol when he was in Atlanta, GA and South America.

NEXT!!

The difference is that we have to speculate as to what Clinton was up to. We know that Sanford disappeared without letting anyone know his whereabouts for 6 days. We only found out where he was when his cell phone was pinged by the South Carolina Highway Patrol when he was in Atlanta, GA and South America.

ah...so what you're saying is that Clinton wasn't guilty of anything because he didn't get caught...at least not until it was too late. It's too bad his women didn't speak up sooner. It's perfectly understandable not to hold each to the same standards. One was a womanizer who didn't get caught and the other was a womanizer who was stupid enough to take his cell phone overseas. Regaurdless of whether Clinton lied or not...which we know he did on the stand...he is just as guilty of the infidelity and most likely of the fact that he had to be lying about his whereabouts during any of his trists. But I accept the fact that you won't concede the obvious. You're more comfortable with speculation. It gives you wiggle room and you need all the wiggle room you can get to justify the means.

Clinton never ditched his security detail. Sanford did.

And.........considering that there's a war on terror, don't you think that's kinda stupid? Especially in a South American country.

You really are a Sealed Bimbo, ain't ya?

Sanfords wife almost lets the cat out of the bag:

“Of course I’m not saying that Mark is gay,” Sanford said, “but he may as well be...."

Rush had an interesting take too, blaming homosexuality for Sanfords demise:

It’s finally happened,” said Rush Limbaugh, conservative radio personality. “America, I’ve been warning you for years that gay marriage would destroy the American family and look… there they are, a husband, wife, and four children — destroyed.

Jenny Sanford: “Gay marriage wrecked my family” | theDiscust

So, if Sandford isn't gay, well, he may as well be. Straight from the conservative horses mouth.

“Of course I’m not saying that Mark is gay,” Sanford said, “but he may as well be...."

It’s finally happened,” said Rush Limbaugh, conservative radio personality. “America, I’ve been warning you for years that gay marriage would destroy the American family and look… there they are, a husband, wife, and four children — destroyed.

So, if Sandford isn't gay, well, he may as well be. Straight from the conservative horses mouth.
WTF??????

how can anyone blame gays for their own marriage falling apart

how fucking lame

WTF??????

how fucking lame

Conservatives have been blaming gays for the demise of family values for years.

WTF??????

how fucking lame

Conservatives have been blaming gays for the demise of family values for years.
no, they havent

but nice strawman attempt

Forum List

Back