The strange case of Mark Sanford

I know! The reason that the Repugnicans don't want him to step down is because they are scared that the LT Governor would end up with more political capital by being there for the next few months, and they may end up losing to a Democrat.

That's why they don't want him to step down.
and basically, you want him to step down for the same reasons they dont want him to step down

No. I want Sanford to step down because traveling in a foreign country (especially with the current political climate of the world), without your security detail, as well as while going somewhere where your staff doesn't know where you are is irresponsible.

It also reflects a very fucked set of values to cheat. "Thou shalt not commit Adultry", ring a bell?

THAT is why I want him out.

I worked for 20 years in a specialty where I was required to hold high clearances, and I had to let my chain of command know where I was, and who I'd talked to (if they were a foreign national), everytime.

Sanford didn't. And, if he doesn't take security very serious, why the fuck is he governor?

No. I want Sanford to step down because traveling in a foreign country (especially with the current political climate of the world), without your security detail, as well as while going somewhere where your staff doesn't know where you are is irresponsible.

It also reflects a very fucked set of values to cheat. "Thou shalt not commit Adultry", ring a bell?

THAT is why I want him out.

I worked for 20 years in a specialty where I was required to hold high clearances, and I had to let my chain of command know where I was, and who I'd talked to (if they were a foreign national), everytime.

Sanford didn't. And, if he doesn't take security very serious, why the fuck is he governor?
the citizens of the state of South Carolina elected him to that office

but none of your reasons seem legit to me that he should resign
the more pertinent reason is the miss use of public funds

Apparently you've never had a security clearance with the government then. Might wanna investigate how they do things.

By the way.........did you hear that people are making websites for Sanford's wife? Seems that some people are pushing for her to be the next governor!

Apparently you've never had a security clearance with the government then. Might wanna investigate how they do things.

By the way.........did you hear that people are making websites for Sanford's wife? Seems that some people are pushing for her to be the next governor!
if she wants to run, then the citizens of South Carolina will decide
i have no say in it

Personally? I'd like to see Sanford get his ass kicked once a week, for every week that he remains in office.

Figure a good ass kicking or being popsicled with a baseball bat would suffice.

And........in the military, anyone that behaved like he did would AUTOMATICALLY lose their security clearance.

So why is this asshole still being allowed to be governor? In most cases, when you lose your security clearance, you ALSO lose your job.

Hmmm...I'm just curious...Did Bill Clinton lose his security clearance??? Seems to me that the very convenient use of the "Thou shalt not commit adultery" is a bit ironic in this instance. Is it one rule for all or just for those you want to punish?

Glass houses are a bitch

And........in the military, anyone that behaved like he did would AUTOMATICALLY lose their security clearance.

So why is this asshole still being allowed to be governor? In most cases, when you lose your security clearance, you ALSO lose your job.

I agree 100%, his dereliction of duty and misuse of public funds are unacceptable and he should resign immediately.

Hmmm...I'm just curious...Did Bill Clinton lose his security clearance??? Seems to me that the very convenient use of the "Thou shalt not commit adultery" is a bit ironic in this instance. Is it one rule for all or just for those you want to punish?

Glass houses are a bitch

Yes, they are a bitch. And the Republicans impeached Clinton for his affairs. So you can suck it up and take your lumps when Sanford & co. get slaughtered in the press.

I don't care if he had an affair with a pig. That's his and his wife's business. My concern is if he indeed misused public funds. If so, then impeachment and jail time is in order.

Glass houses are a bitch

Yes, they are a bitch. And the Republicans impeached Clinton for his affairs. So you can suck it up and take your lumps when Sanford & co. get slaughtered in the press.
WRONG again
CONGRESS impeached Clinton for PERJURY and OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE

I don't care if he had an affair with a pig. That's his and his wife's business. My concern is if he indeed misused public funds. If so, then impeachment and jail time is in order.
but he should clearly resign NOW

Last edited:
All Sandford did was the same thing Gingrich, Clinton, Eisenhower, Kennedy, LBJ, and countless others have done.

I don't think he should have to resign unless it is determined that he misused funds.

All Sandford did was the same thing Gingrich, Clinton, Eisenhower, Kennedy, LBJ, and countless others have done.

I don't think he should have to resign unless it is determined that he misused funds.
he has already admitted that he used public funds, he said he would repay them

Misuse of funds is OK so long as you pay it back if you get caught?

Misuse of funds is OK so long as you pay it back if you get caught?
where did i say that?
i said he admitting to the miss use of funds when he said he would pay it back
to me, that is an admittance of a miss use of funds
is it not?

and thus, he should resign

Forum List

Back