The Taliban Are On The Way...With 80 Billion In US Military Equipment!

Link.

Also how does that account for all the weapons left behind and Trump ordering a full withdrawal 4 days before Biden took office. Did Trump think the agreement was being followed then?
Trump never ordered a withdrawal before Biden came into office... where did you get that from?... if he had the withdrawal would have happened don't you think?....
You are completely uniformed or misinformed on this event...

For real? Trump left less then 10k troops there as he left office. Biden was left with a skeleton crew. Not only that, Trump requested all troops be removed 4 days before Biden was sworn in. Did Trump think there was compliance? Why would Trump give that order if all those weapons were still there?

I know why.
Mattered not about the amount of troops, because there's Biden and then there's Trump. They wouldn't have tried Trump like they did Biden.. Fact..

What in the hell are you even talking about Biden pulled out in a rush, not Trump Trump would have brought it all back home or transferred it to nearby bases, bet Biden wished he would have pulled out of Jill early and not had Hunter
Then why, when he withdrew most of the troops, didn't trump also bring the bulk of the equipment back?

As to the OP of this thread, The Taliban do not have resources to bring much the distance they'd have to travel to fight Israel.

They just had a major earthquake.
To say nothing about the rest of the trip. Say they have passage across Iran. Then what? They have to cross Iraq. Then either Jordan, fat chance on that. Or Syria and then Lebanon.

To say nothing about the rest of the trip. Say they have passage across Iran. Then what? They have to cross Iraq. Then either Jordan, fat chance on that. Or Syria and then Lebanon.
They know they can't do all that, they're just posturing.

Trump never ordered a withdrawal before Biden came into office... where did you get that from?... if he had the withdrawal would have happened don't you think?....

“The order was for an immediate withdrawal, and it would have been catastrophic,” said Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., one of two Republican members of the special panel. “And yet President Trump signed the order.”

"Witnesses who spoke to the committee about the surprise withdrawal plan included Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley, former national security advisor to the vice president Keith Kellogg, and several other senior officials in the Trump administration."

You are completely uniformed or misinformed on this event...
Now go full Trump amd tell me how all the people who testified under oath are liars. Yawn.

Mattered not about the amount of troops, because there's Biden and then there's Trump. They wouldn't have tried Trump like they did Biden.. Fact..
What does your opinion have to do with 2500 troops not being enough to remove 80 million in equipment and weapons?

That equipment was for the Afghans to defend themselves against a Taliban takeover. It was no longer "ours".
Yes, and regardless of that, I don't think people realize how expensive to move equipment. I've seen the "but C-17" bandied about. A C-17 can carry 1 Abrams, or 10 Humvees. Then it flies back empty. Once in the US, that equipment has to be decontaminated. And then stripped, all mechanical components disassembled for cleaning and re-assembled. It's more expensive than buying new ones.

Yes, and regardless of that, I don't think people realize how expensive to move equipment. I've seen the "but C-17" bandied about. A C-17 can carry 1 Abrams, or 10 Humvees. Then it flies back empty. Once in the US, that equipment has to be decontaminated. And then stripped, all mechanical components disassembled for cleaning and re-assembled. It's more expensive than buying new ones.
My daughter is an Army logistics officer. She was responsible for transporting all of her cavalry regiment's equipment to Kuwait, bound for Iraq, from Texas and back via rails and ships. She was the last deployed and the last to come home.

There are ships too, you know. :rolleyes-41:

Forum List

Back