The Tax Cut Myth

The Republicans said the same thing in the first half of the 90s when jobs weren't growing at the same rate as the economy. Usually, job creation lags economic growth as the economy comes out of a trough.

Its just part of the political theatre.

And its sad that idiots like RSR believe that political theatre is just good public policy. Talk about brainwashed and stupid.

CBS's Couric Uniquely Reports Shrinking Federal Budget Deficit
Posted by Brad Wilmouth on June 12, 2007 - 23:12.
Among Tuesday's broadcast evening newscasts, the CBS Evening News uniquely relayed the positive news of a shrinking federal budget deficit, as released by the Treasury Department. As anchor Katie Couric read a brief item on the subject, she described the data as "some good news for a change" as she reported that tax revenues are "way up" and that the budget deficit is almost "35 percent lower than it was last year." Couric: "To the economy now, and some good news for a change about the deficit. It's actually shrinking."

Notably, on the Saturday June 9 edition of CNN's In the Money, during a discussion of the effect of the economy on the presidential race, guest Greg Valliere of Stanford Washington Research Group chided the media for not reporting on good economic news in light of lower budget deficit numbers as he described the overall economy as "okay" and the unemployment rate of 4.5 percent as "a great number." The show's anchor, Christine Romans, defended the media's obsession with the cost of the Iraq war. Romans: "I think one of the reasons why, and I can't speak for the rest of the media, but why there may be the perception, at least, that it's been ignored is there is an incredible amount of spending going on for the war in Iraq, and that is something that, you know, we have to pay for."
http://newsbusters.org/node/13409

Thank you Toro ,I dont know how the Myth stays alive?

Do you understand the article posted in the first post?

The tax cut "myth" talked about indeed agrees that tax cuts will often increase revenues.

The main thesis is that real Conservatives shouldn't care about increased revenues because real Conservatives want to shrink government.

For example, RSR talks about tax cuts causing tax revenue growth. That is true. However, the only thing they do with that extra revenue is expand government, which shows why RSR and many Republicans are big government liberals.

Government only works if it is efficient. Now, correct me if im wrong, but have we or have we not, and please provide proof, ever provided or maintained a tax cut during a time of war. This has nothing to do with partisanship on my account.

Secondly, I believe big government to be in-efficient at best and incompetent at worst.

RSR, stop verbally attacking wartman, it isnt right...

why do so many people on this board feel the need to name call, i will never understand. It dirties the integrity, and intellectual honesty, as well as what our founding fathers had in mind, political discourse, real civil discussions about honest disagreements, without being a dick about it.

No, it's just that only idiots see things in terms of political parties.

Supporting one side just because they happen to be of a certain political party is mindless and borderline brain damaged.

Being a "moderate" maybe you belive the two parties can work together - Pres Bush proved it can't be done

He tried to change the tone and all the Dems did was to sharpen the knives

If you do not like the posts where I remind folks what Dems say and do - do not read them

Government only works if it is efficient. Now, correct me if im wrong, but have we or have we not, and please provide proof, ever provided or maintained a tax cut during a time of war. This has nothing to do with partisanship on my account.

Secondly, I believe big government to be in-efficient at best and incompetent at worst.

RSR, stop verbally attacking wartman, it isnt right...

why do so many people on this board feel the need to name call, i will never understand. It dirties the integrity, and intellectual honesty, as well as what our founding fathers had in mind, political discourse, real civil discussions about honest disagreements, without being a dick about it.

No matter when, tax cuts work. The less money the government has, the better. Republicans forgot that Reagan conservatism put them in power - now is the time to get back to it

As far as the attacks, I attack when attacked. JW is not able to respond to any of my posts without adding his snide remarks

Being a "moderate" maybe you belive the two parties can work together - Pres Bush proved it can't be done

He tried to change the tone and all the Dems did was to sharpen the knives

If you do not like the posts where I remind folks what Dems say and do - do not read them

You don't get it...

It has nothing to do with bi-partisanship.

It has to do with the fact that only a simple mind could see things in such black and white as Dem vs. Repub.

You don't get it...

It has nothing to do with bi-partisanship.

It has to do with the fact that only a simple mind could see things in such black and white as Dem vs. Repub.

Most issues are black and white

I see Dems as the party of higher taxes and more government control of our lives

Simple minded Mods who do not to offend anyone are also a problem

Most issues are black and white

I see Dems as the party of higher taxes and more government control of our lives

Simple minded Mods who do not to offend anyone are also a problem

Assuming you are mean "Mods" are moderates...

What the hell are you asking me for?

I am no moderate.

I believe in less government. End of story. You, obviously, do not.

Forum List

Back