The Tax Cut Myth

Who has been telling you that?

I read various reports from economists every single day. I never read that.

The Dems have kept dismissing the increased revenues as a fluke or are temporary. They have kept saying how the annual deficit will spike upwards - it hasn't

Dems have to keep pushing their doom and gloom talking points - after all they said the tax cuts would hurt the economy

Sorry, those aren't Democrats. Those are economists. The deficit will rise when the economy slows if tax levels stay the same.

Then they need to get some "economists" who know what they are talking about. instead of repeating the DNC talking points

I enjoy reading the liberal media when good economic news is "reported" The writer usually says how the good numbers were a surprise or unexpected

Then they need to get some "economists" who know what they are talking about. instead of repeating the DNC talking points

I enjoy reading the liberal media when good economic news is "reported" The writer usually says how the good numbers were a surprise or unexpected

They do know what they're talking about. They're not partisan ideologues. Even Larry Kudlow says that the deficit will rise when the economy slows. Of course, he should because that's the third class of macro 101.

They do know what they're talking about. They're not partisan ideologues. Even Larry Kudlow says that the deficit will rise when the economy slows. Of course, he should because that's the third class of macro 101.

Speaking of Mr Kudlow, he seems to agree with me.............

Finally, to a person, each Democratic presidential candidate also has it in for corporate America. The Democrats discuss various punishments for business — especially oil companies, but also drug, utility, and insurance firms. Not so for the Republicans, who talk about helping businesses and promoting entrepreneurship in our successful free-enterprise economy.

The differences between the two parties couldn’t be clearer, and next year the voting public will have a very stark choice. But with this election season only two debates old, that choice already favors the Republican position.

Think of it: The Democrats talk about ending “tax cuts for the rich,” all while bashing American corporations. But isn’t this is the same tired message that sunk Al Gore, Mike Dukakis, Walter Mondale, and Jimmy Carter? It’s never been a winner, and it’s going to help cripple whoever grabs the Democratic nomination next year.
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=ZGMyMWNiNGY2MGIyZjQ2MDU0M2Y2YzM4ZjA5YmEyN2Q=

Speaking of Mr Kudlow, he seems to agree with me.............

Finally, to a person, each Democratic presidential candidate also has it in for corporate America. The Democrats discuss various punishments for business — especially oil companies, but also drug, utility, and insurance firms. Not so for the Republicans, who talk about helping businesses and promoting entrepreneurship in our successful free-enterprise economy.

The differences between the two parties couldn’t be clearer, and next year the voting public will have a very stark choice. But with this election season only two debates old, that choice already favors the Republican position.

Think of it: The Democrats talk about ending “tax cuts for the rich,” all while bashing American corporations. But isn’t this is the same tired message that sunk Al Gore, Mike Dukakis, Walter Mondale, and Jimmy Carter? It’s never been a winner, and it’s going to help cripple whoever grabs the Democratic nomination next year.
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=ZGMyMWNiNGY2MGIyZjQ2MDU0M2Y2YzM4ZjA5YmEyN2Q=

Do you think for yourself, ever?

I didn't realize Macroeconomics 101 was "DNC talking points".

They slant the good news or they ignore it and./or distort it

U.S. Service Sector Expands

Tuesday June 5, 11:20 AM EDT

NEW YORK (AP) — The nation's service sector expanded at a faster-than-expected pace in May, suggesting it could help sustain broader economic growth as the automotive and housing industries slump, a research group said Tuesday.

The Institute for Supply Management, based in Tempe, Ariz., said its index of business activity in the non-manufacturing sector was 59.7 in May. The reading was higher than April's reading of 56 and Wall Street's expectation of 56.

..... The service industries covered by the ISM report represent about 80 percent of economic activity and span diverse industries including banking, construction, retailing, mining, agriculture and travel.

May represents the 50th consecutive month of growth in the non-manufacturing sector, and marked a turnaround from March when the index slipped to a four-year low. The index average so far this year is still below the 2006 average reading of 58.

..... While the strong ISM reading reflects the pickup in the economy, it doesn't signal that the broader economy is due for a significant upswing in coming months, said Brian Bethune, an economist with Global Insight.

http://finance.myway.com/jsp/nw/nwd...ap&src=601&news_id=ap-d8pinuv04&date=20070605

So housing is NOT part of the index?

A slump in the auto industry? In May, only Ford has a sales drop

The liberal media will always look for bad news in good news (when a Republican is President and his tax cuts are causing economic growth)

You keep copy/pasting articles that have little to do with your point.

There is sectors of the economy that have very strong indicators, and areas of the economy that do not. GDP growth in the first quarter was the slowest in many years...that should be something to look into.

You keep copy/pasting articles that have little to do with your point.

There is sectors of the economy that have very strong indicators, and areas of the economy that do not. GDP growth in the first quarter was the slowest in many years...that should be something to look into.

God forbid if I point out Mr Kudlow agrees with me

I know you would rather have all doom and gloom, but the tax cuts are working. Much to the dismay of the Bush haters

Take a chill pill son

God forbid if I point out Mr Kudlow agrees with me

I know you would rather have all doom and gloom, but the tax cuts are working. Much to the dismay of the Bush haters

Take a chill pill son

Your mindless talking point repetition gets us nowhere...

I have never stated any doom and gloom...

I have stated I believe tax cuts are good for the economy...yet why do you think I state otherwise? Is your reading comprehension that bad?

Get a life, dude. There is a world outside this message board.

The economy grew faster under Slick Willie than Bush.

I guess that means tax increases work.

Billy did not have 9-11 (a trillion dollar hit to the economy), high oil prices, a war on two fronts, and several Cat 5 storms hitting the Gulf

The Bush economy has, and will continue to, very well

Much to the dismay of the Bush haters

and miss pissing off libs and running rings around the Bush haters like you?

You've done none of the above. No intelligent person on this board with say otherwise.

Other than perhaps Edward, you're the least respected person on this board. Everyone thinks you're an idiot -- how does that feel?

Copy/paste some more RNC talking points, parrot.

Forum List

Back