US budget cannot afford a GOP President

They say doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. Well, then why would anyone elect a GOP candidate to President?

For 50 straight years every single presidential administration results in Republicans increasing deficits and Democrats decreasing deficits. We have enough data to conclude that Republican high spending and low taxes is a disaster.

Until you both stop adding to it altogether you're not doing your job.

We may be past the point of no return.
Interest on the Debt is $1T and climbing exponentially.
Trump wants gimmicky tariffs, Biden has no clue ho to cut spending, so he wants to tax everything.

When the dollar collapses, the shit will officially hit the fan.

1. True. Republicans cut taxes and claim that will "grow" the economy. Never happens, the only thing that grows is the DEBT

2. False. Deficits don't change much between Rs & Ds. Democrats always overspend to buy votes.

......YEAR...............BUDGET DEFICIT......................ADD TO DEBT.............................................DEFICIT / GDP RATIO
View attachment 964624
Odd, that shows exactly what I said happened.

Why did you post supporting documentation for me?

LOL!! Lets look at the Biden Budget compared to the Trump Budgets:

Biden’s 2024 Budget was $7.30T with a $2.0T deficit
Biden's 2023 Budget was $6.13T with a $1.7T deficit
Biden's 2022 Budget was $6.27T with a $1.4T deficit
Biden's 2021 Budget was $6.82T with a $2.8T deficit
Trump's 2020 Budget was $6.55T with a $3.1T deficit
Trump's 2019 Budget was $4.40T with a $0.9T deficit
Trump's 2018 Budget was $4.10T with a $0.8T deficit
Trump's 2017 Budget was $4.00T with a $0.5T deficit

Trump should take the Budget back to $5T and CUT SPENDING back to balance.
Democrats NEVER CUT SPENDING

Mike Johnson had a chance to cut the 2024 Budget, but folded like a cheap suit.
A reminder that 2020 was the year of Covid shutdowns and Lockouts (mostly ordered by Democrat governors). Private sector businesses being mostly closed meant a huge drop in private sector incomes=wealth creation. Trump dropped in those Federal bonus payments (deficits) to help keep heads above water.

Democrats are notorious for funding their budgets via reductions in funding to the military and other essential Federal services. Then when Reps get back in power, the military is overdue for spare parts, equipment upgrades and replacements, equipment repairs, ammo replenishment, etc.

They say doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. Well, then why would anyone elect a GOP candidate to President?

For 50 straight years every single presidential administration results in Republicans increasing deficits and Democrats decreasing deficits. We have enough data to conclude that Republican high spending and low taxes is a disaster.

It’s time for right wingers to give up the bold faced lie that republicans are fiscal constratined. They bilk the US taxpayers by cutting taxes to the rich and then spending government money on their company profits. The gig is up. Vote Biden for 4 more years so that your grandchildren dont pay for your ignorance in economics.

View attachment 964616
Fuck deficits. How about eliminating them and actually reducing debt?
This “your guy overspends more than mine” is a fool’s spin.

It’s time for right wingers to give up the bold faced lie that republicans are fiscal constratined. They bilk the US taxpayers by cutting taxes to the rich and then spending government money on their company profits. The gig is up. Vote Biden for 4 more years so that your grandchildren dont pay for your ignorance in economics.

View attachment 964616
Why go through all ^this/that^ just keep screaming "RACIST" "MISOGYNY" "XENOPHOBIA" Til the cows come home, I'm sure no one will get so tired of hearing it that they will ignore everything else in the hopes of getting rid of the white liberal mantra.

YOu wish.

Republicans always inherit low deficits and increase them each year of their term.

1718832332774.png

Table 1.1

1984 < 1983
1987<1986
1989<1988
2005<2004
2006<2005
2007<2006

In 1963 the Federal budget was 93 billion dollars. With a minimal deficit. 60 years later, things are much different.
Thanks to Republicans as my OP chart clearly showed.

Both parties want to give tax breaks to the wealthy. They care NOT about paycheck to paycheck people. It's too bad every last of the latter can't walk off the job.

Odd, that shows exactly what I said happened.

Why did you post supporting documentation for me?
Facts are facts.

You said:
"B. Republicans always inherit low deficits and increase them each year of their term. Democrats do the opposite."

If you look at the actual numbers, BOTH PARTIES INCREASE THE DEFICIT. See post #49

Facts are facts.

You said:
"B. Republicans always inherit low deficits and increase them each year of their term. Democrats do the opposite."

If you look at the actual numbers, BOTH PARTIES INCREASE THE DEFICIT.
Lol, you are confusing debt with deficit.

Thanks to Republicans as my OP chart clearly showed.
I picked 1963 due to the Kennedy Assassination and the emergence of Lyndon Johnson. Soon after massive expenditure increases with the Great Society, the Moon program and the Viet Nam War ramp up took hold. The costs of the great Society and many massive programs grew exponentially. The smaller government died with Johnson. Eventually Social Security needed massive increases in the 1980's. This will only continue to grow. In the 1960's was still a rising nation with most of our products made in the country. In the 1970's as the government grew and stagflation occurred with a malaise, we transitioned form a creditor nation to a debtor one. Without the Reagan tax cuts, we would have many tax rackets with no cost-of-living indexing and a couple earning 50 thousand a year today would be in the 50% tax bracket. People were hurting before those cuts. And this does not include the massive increases in state, local and city taxes and monopolies used from citizens.

Lefties complain about tax breaks for the corporations that produce the goods and services that we depend on as a Nation but they don't seem to care about the billions we spend on illegal aliens who produce nothing and rape and murder our citizens.

Not in 2017 2018 2019 which were all increased deficits. Run away Forrest.

Run up $11.5T then manufacture a "drop in deficit spending" the final year of the term in office, leaving the Country in shambles. Then blame the next guy when Congress over-spends in hopes to kick start the previous two-yr flat dying economy.

The real problem is you think you are clever, that you can fool people. You are a little kid on the boards playing on mommys' PC.

Just once I'd like to see the GQP cut spending first, and THEN cut taxes.

When they're running for office, they can pledge to cut Social Security, Medicare, Welfare, all the departments and all the other evil commie stuff they hate.

I'm sure they'll win with that platform. When they do, they can make all those cuts, and then cut taxes accordingly.

Will this ever happen, or will the fucked up Kabuki Theater just continue?
They really can't cut social security. People need to stop falling for the right wing lie about social securty and as you are in the financial services industry, you should know good and well that social security is not a government giveaway. Nor is medicare.

What needs to be cut is defense spending, but that will never happen as long as defense contractors ante up big cash to politicians. We spend more on military than the next 9 out of the top ten military nations combined, yet the right tells us its social security, welfare and other programs that are creating the deficit. Same goes for law enforcement. Cut the budgets, why do police need tanks, humvees, rocket launchers, etc.?

Forum List

Back