The Tea Party is Dying ? What a laugh.

Actually, its a shame the tp had some good ideas but they never got off the ground. They're still not a recognized political party in a country that has hundreds.

Now they're just dupes for the Kochs and anti-American nutters like Cruz. That's why they can't win elections.

The Tea Party is not a political party Luddly Neddite.

What kind of Party is it?

And yet another example of how the Tea Party is putting it's foot in the backs of many so called mainstreamers and moving them right. Nobody wants to be primaried and these dinks move right to appease the far right.

FakeFarkey can blather all he wants. The Tea Party is still alive and kicking ass.

Lindsey Graham, Impeachment and Tea Party Conversion | RedState

So even if Republicans facing primary challengers from the right are not in real danger, their rivals will keep bringing the heat, scrambling the potential for deals by a Congress already making history for doing so little.

“The tea party has racked up important victories electorally but also ideologically, and that pressure on establishment Republicans will continue,” said James Hartman, a Louisiana-based political consultant advising tea party-backed congressional candidate Rob Maness. “The compromises being blocked are absolutely favorable in terms of public policy. No, we don’t want tax increases. No, we don’t want Obamacare.”

The battle for the heart and soul of the Republican Party expanded in the past week to include challenges against Mississippi Sen. Thad Cochran and Texas Sen. John Cornyn, bringing the total of GOP senators facing primary opponents to seven. All of the incumbents are favored to beat their opponents. But that doesn’t mean they’re free to cut any deals across the aisle; doing so would be risky in a highly polarized political climate that sees compromise as betrayal.

“Members of Congress are risk averse, and if they can avoid getting attention from the bullies, they will,” said Republican consultant John Feehery, a former Capitol Hill staffer.

Sorry, but Tea Party candidates barely registered a blip in the primaries. Only one or two made it this time.

A significant demographic power drain since 2010. The Establishment GOP is back on top and ruling the roost. This is an inescapable fact.

And I don't know if you noticed, but ObamaCare is still here, and is here to stay. So I don't know how you rule that a Tea Party victory. :lol:

Ah...the house majority leader lost, that is not insignificant. I realize that the left has a hard time wrapping its head around not toeing the party line.

The left measures TP success by they either winning 100 percent of the time or they are a failure.

Meanwhile the left returns the same failures back to Congress 100 percent. That is their measure of success, status quo.

Sorry, but Tea Party candidates barely registered a blip in the primaries. Only one or two made it this time.

A significant demographic power drain since 2010. The Establishment GOP is back on top and ruling the roost. This is an inescapable fact.

And I don't know if you noticed, but ObamaCare is still here, and is here to stay. So I don't know how you rule that a Tea Party victory. :lol:

Facts mean nothing to listening. I would bet that he will claim that moving the party away from the mainstream is a good thing. He may take me up on the bet but I wouldn't wait around for him to pay off.

And what facts are you referencing ?

The fact that Graham has assumed positions he's never taken before.

Or the fact that Eric Cantor just got waxed by TP person ?

You'll need to enlighten me.

I don't see entrenched TP types losing their seats. But I do see gaining seats. Nebraska is about to send a TP senator to help Ted Cruz.

Not sorry about that.

Did you attend Arizona ?

Thanks for proving my point...

I hope they get 200 seats...giving up the middle ground to progressives is about the best thing that ever happened.

Why'd you lie?

Facts mean nothing to listening. I would bet that he will claim that moving the party away from the mainstream is a good thing. He may take me up on the bet but I wouldn't wait around for him to pay off.

And what facts are you referencing ?

The fact that Graham has assumed positions he's never taken before.

Or the fact that Eric Cantor just got waxed by TP person ?

You'll need to enlighten me.

I don't see entrenched TP types losing their seats. But I do see gaining seats. Nebraska is about to send a TP senator to help Ted Cruz.

Not sorry about that.

Did you attend Arizona ?

Thanks for proving my point...

I hope they get 200 seats...giving up the middle ground to progressives is about the best thing that ever happened.

Why'd you lie?

So........

No facts ?

Got it.

There's some cognitive dissonance between lefties and the Tea Party. They can't seem to get it through their head that The Tea Party isn't a party at all, that it has no central "organization". It doesn't promote any particular politics other than the notion that our elected officials accurately represent the will of the people who put them in power.

I don't know why it's so difficult to comprehend.

"...The statement from the grassroots could not be any clearer. It doesn't matter what office you hold or how powerful you are. If you lose touch with activists on the ground, then your seat is in danger.”

They can't wrap their tiny minds around that.

Tea Party groups that offered Dave Brat zero support sure are thrilled he defeated Eric Cantor | WashingtonExaminer.com

And yet another example of how the Tea Party is putting it's foot in the backs of many so called mainstreamers and moving them right. Nobody wants to be primaried and these dinks move right to appease the far right.

FakeFarkey can blather all he wants. The Tea Party is still alive and kicking ass.

Lindsey Graham, Impeachment and Tea Party Conversion | RedState

So even if Republicans facing primary challengers from the right are not in real danger, their rivals will keep bringing the heat, scrambling the potential for deals by a Congress already making history for doing so little.

“The tea party has racked up important victories electorally but also ideologically, and that pressure on establishment Republicans will continue,” said James Hartman, a Louisiana-based political consultant advising tea party-backed congressional candidate Rob Maness. “The compromises being blocked are absolutely favorable in terms of public policy. No, we don’t want tax increases. No, we don’t want Obamacare.”

The battle for the heart and soul of the Republican Party expanded in the past week to include challenges against Mississippi Sen. Thad Cochran and Texas Sen. John Cornyn, bringing the total of GOP senators facing primary opponents to seven. All of the incumbents are favored to beat their opponents. But that doesn’t mean they’re free to cut any deals across the aisle; doing so would be risky in a highly polarized political climate that sees compromise as betrayal.

“Members of Congress are risk averse, and if they can avoid getting attention from the bullies, they will,” said Republican consultant John Feehery, a former Capitol Hill staffer.

Ah...the house majority leader lost, that is not insignificant. I realize that the left has a hard time wrapping its head around not toeing the party line.

Democrats crossed over and voted for Brat. I'll bet the pollsters who has Cantor with a significant lead didn't poll many democrats.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/eric-cantors-pollster-blames-democrats-131901793.html

There's some cognitive dissonance between lefties and the Tea Party. They can't seem to get it through their head that The Tea Party isn't a party at all, that it has no central "organization". It doesn't promote any particular politics other than the notion that our elected officials accurately represent the will of the people who put them in power.

I don't know why it's so difficult to comprehend.

"...The statement from the grassroots could not be any clearer. It doesn't matter what office you hold or how powerful you are. If you lose touch with activists on the ground, then your seat is in danger.”

They can't wrap their tiny minds around that.

Tea Party groups that offered Dave Brat zero support sure are thrilled he defeated Eric Cantor | WashingtonExaminer.com

Well exactly. Brat got no money from the TPM superpacs. His website on the issues is typically vague, but it may be that he's not antagonist to helping people buy healthcare while also forcing providers to provide info on costs and outcome ... sort of how we buy other stuff via consumer reports and customer satisfaction. Cantor attacked Brat for working with Tim Kaine on economic issues. Brat may be fresh air, or a nutter.

But my complaint, at least, about the tea party is that the local folks may be well intentioned. But the megadonors have their own agenda, and the tea party has been "hijacked." Maybe not in this case. In Mississippi, it has been hijacked bigtime.

But you're right. At the grass roots, it's not a party. BushII and Obama both spent too much.

You're fine.

Until right here: "and the tea party has been hijacked".

Nope. There's nothing to hijack. And people have the right to spend their money to support the ideals they believe in.

Last edited:
Guys, you realize the Dem cross voting in the GOP primary got rid of Cantor, their goal.

If Brat wins in November, then you can boast.

Guys, you realize the Dem cross voting in the GOP primary got rid of Cantor, their goal.

If Brat wins in November, then you can boast.

Will we have to watch your happy dance if your party's version of your (once despised) Operation Chaos pans out as you so fervently wish?

Oh, the bad guys use the good guys' tactic and succeed, and u whine.

This is not the Dems, sonny, it is the wierd far right wing of the party that is trying to take down the establishment GOP.

Watch what happens to the very few TeaPs now running for the House and the Senate.

The people don't want to compete with illegal Aliens for jobs. So it's time all politicians need to wake up and vote no on Amnesty.

The Tea Party is Dying ? What a laugh.

That the TPM is not dying comes as great relief to democrats everywhere.

Indeed, June 10th was a very good day for democrats for three important reasons:

First, an extreme, radical, and irresponsible rightist was removed from Congress – always a good thing for the Nation as a whole.

Second, more TPM republican candidates means a greater likelihood of those candidates saying something stupid, along the lines of ‘Second Amendment solution’ or ‘legitimate rape,’ benefiting democrats.

And third, it keeps the right’s opposition to immigration reform on political center stage, where Hispanic Americans correctly understand that republican opposition to immigration reform in fact represents the hostility most on the right exhibit toward ‘brown people’ who speak Spanish, and Hispanic voters will continue to vote democratic consequently.

Again, a very good day for democrats and the American people overall.

Forum List

Back