The Texans surprised me in this draft!!

Running backs are not seen as a high commodity any longer. It was a shock to see them take Gibbs.
Last night I thought maybe we got a Barry Sanders level talent or something. I know you are right about QB's. But they said he was multi talented. So he can catch and block too hopefully. But they gave the pick an F. WTF?

Then to see the Linebacker they picked next was an F grade too? They said they could have got him in the second round.

Detroit is known for blowing these draft picks.

We have 3 picks in the 2nd round. I hope we pick that QB who didn't get picked. We don't have a backup.

Lions had 5 picks and the experts say they shit the bed on the first 2. Maybe they are wrong. You never know. I hope that linebacker plays well with Aidan Hutchinson who played very good his rookie year. That was a good pick last year. God damn Lions.

Last night I thought maybe we got a Barry Sanders level talent or something. I know you are right about QB's. But they said he was multi talented. So he can catch and block too hopefully. But they gave the pick an F. WTF?

Then to see the Linebacker they picked next was an F grade too? They said they could have got him in the second round.

Detroit is known for blowing these draft picks.

We have 3 picks in the 2nd round. I hope we pick that QB who didn't get picked. We don't have a backup.

Lions had 5 picks and the experts say they shit the bed on the first 2. Maybe they are wrong. You never know. I hope that linebacker plays well with Aidan Hutchinson who played very good his rookie year. That was a good pick last year. God damn Lions.

NFL.com put them at a C-. I think the biggest issue is both were taken sooner than expected.

NFL.com put them at a C-. I think the biggest issue is both were taken sooner than expected.
That means we could have got better. I just hope these were the best RB's and LB's available and we NEED these two positions. Because we are solid everywhere else. I hope that's the reason. I just don't trust the Lions and I don't like seeing everyone else getting A's and B's and ours was the first F. LOL. Then the next one I saw was an F. Perhaps NFL.com is being kind. FUCK! LOL.

It's just sports. My boy Gianni just got knocked out of the playoffs. He took it well. I'm used to the Lion's winning. It's expected. If they win it's going to shock me because I'll NEVER believe they're going to do it until they do it. Most Detroiters believe, not in our lifetime. SOL. Know what that stands for? Same Ole Lions.

That means we could have got better. I just hope these were the best RB's and LB's available and we NEED these two positions. Because we are solid everywhere else. I hope that's the reason. I just don't trust the Lions and I don't like seeing everyone else getting A's and B's and ours was the first F. LOL. Then the next one I saw was an F. Perhaps NFL.com is being kind. FUCK! LOL.

It's just sports. My boy Gianni just got knocked out of the playoffs. He took it well. I'm used to the Lion's winning. It's expected. If they win it's going to shock me because I'll NEVER believe they're going to do it until they do it. Most Detroiters believe, not in our lifetime. SOL. Know what that stands for? Same Ole Lions.

It is all a crap shoot, nobody knows for sure how good someone is going to be. Just ask Ryan Leaf

The Texans pick Stroud and move up to the 3rd pick and get Will Anderson!!!?
Holy shit the Texans are Killing the draft!!!

Now, if they can translate that in to performance on the field, we'll have something to talk about...

I've been a fan since day one and it's mostly been a series of disappointments on par with the day the Oilers left...

Drafting need is rarely a good position to be in and generally leads to poor drafting/reaching on picks. It's why certain franchises are bad year after year after year.

How can someone be your "boy" and you cant bother to spell their name correctly? This is the second or third iteration of misspellings of "your boy's" name you've been through BTW.

Now, if they can translate that in to performance on the field, we'll have something to talk about...

I've been a fan since day one and it's mostly been a series of disappointments on par with the day the Oilers left...

Yep.
I started watching the Oilers in 75 when I was ten.
I was so pissed when Pud Adams took the team to nashville!!!
And I understand why the mayor told them to pound sand after spending a shitload of money to refurbish the Astrodome and having Pud say it wasnt good enough.
And if the rumors were true it was all about Bob Lanier stealing Puds girlfriend which caused the feud which wouldnt surprise me.
While I hate to say it I'm glad old Pud croaked before the Titts won a Super Bowl.

Drafting need is rarely a good position to be in and generally leads to poor drafting/reaching on picks. It's why certain franchises are bad year after year after year.

How can someone be your "boy" and you cant bother to spell their name correctly? This is the second or third iteration of misspellings of "your boy's" name you've been through BTW.
Hey, at least now I'm spelling it with a G. Before you told me the last time I was spelling it like my nephews name Yianni. LOL.

Did you hear his reply to a reporter when asked if this year was a failure? He is MY BOY! So proud of his answer

Giannis Antetokounmpo​

I think I only left off the S.

They picked a LB and a RB in the 1st round, two of the most devalued positions in football. The "blue collar" mentality in Detroit is great but it doesn't always translate to the draft.
We did get rid of swift for an offensive lineman I think. So if we got a proven talent in exchange for our running back, that makes sense. They must think this running back is better than swift.

I think a good linebacker to play with hutchenson might work. But they said there were so many better draft picks we passed up when we took him.

How did we do on our other 3 picks?

Forum List

Back