The thinking surrounding the Hamas/Israel conflict is far too binary.

This is the binary choice the Palis have.

They could turn on Hamas in a instant if the will was there.....I don't suspect it is so they die.

Actually, I think Hamas would brutally put down any insurrection by those whom they "protect."

not interested in the link, though

So long you've become one.
You believe every word of propaganda created by inbred Islamist supremacists who kill their wives and daughters for "honor", kill anybody they suspect of being gay and are committed to the extinction of a small ethic minority.

It isn't me who is the useful idiot, bergIQ80.

The Palestinians are treated even worse by their own....There's a reason that Gaza has been referred to as an open-air prison.
I doubt that. It’s likely Israeli propaganda.

How can it be worse than snipers shooting children?

how come even the arab world does not seem to want Palestinians on their lands?...just asking...
Meaningless point. Do you somehow think this gives Israel a green light to massacre children and mistreat an entire minority in their country?

One should be able to recognize the recent, horrific acts by Hamas on the Gaza border and simultaneously acknowledge Israel's decades long mistreatment of Palestinians in the occupied territories without being accused of being a sympathizer of Hamas
What mistreatment? The Palestinians should be pleased that Israel didn’t systematically wipe them out over the last 75 years. Most smart conquerors did exactly that to the indigenous people.

I doubt that. It’s likely Israeli propaganda.

How can it be worse than snipers shooting children?
How about using the children an human shields?

While I'm certainly no fan of the Likuds, there's a reason for the word "barbarian".

While I'm certainly no fan of the Likuds, there's a reason for the word "barbarian"
He trusts every single word of those committed to the genocide of Jews..

That is all anybody really needs to know about him.

You're referring to more western media propaganda. Israel left gaza in 2006. Hamas is a terrorist group. There are innocent people who are trapped in gaza and suppressed by hamas. Hamas controls gaza. These are all facts.
And Israel never stopped settlement expansion in the West Bank and in fact accelerated it.

Israel has blockaded Gaza for years.

Those are also facts.

Israel has turned Gaza onto the world’s largest open air prison.

That is opinion… grounded in fact

One should be able to recognize the recent, horrific acts by Hamas on the Gaza border and simultaneously acknowledge Israel's decades long mistreatment of Palestinians in the occupied territories without being accused of being a sympathizer of Hamas. Does Israel's oppression of Palestinians justify what Hamas did? Of course not. Is it something that needs to be addressed as part of any future negotiation between the two sides? Yes.
One step in the right direction would be for Israel to stop expanding the settlements in the territories along with sacking Netanyahu.

What "mistreatment?" they are treated far better than they deserve.

One should be able to recognize the recent, horrific acts by Hamas on the Gaza border and simultaneously acknowledge Israel's decades long mistreatment of Palestinians in the occupied territories without being accused of being a sympathizer of Hamas. Does Israel's oppression of Palestinians justify what Hamas did? Of course not. Is it something that needs to be addressed as part of any future negotiation between the two sides? Yes.
One step in the right direction would be for Israel to stop expanding the settlements in the territories along with sacking Netanyahu.

I wish I could be more positive to the thread. While the US won't do anything, it'd be nice to see Bibi "dismissed," along with the RW uber Zionist theocrats. A review of the children's cases for those imprisoned by Israel. Some of the adults are political prisoners who "protested" as well. Israel holds some 6000, none of whom have had trials .... as we know them. Even the gitmo guys had more rights.

But Hamas wants some equivalency. There's no equivalency for what they did, and are doing.

While I'm certainly no fan of the Likuds, there's a reason for the word "barbarian".
Yes and the word barbarian applies to both sides, not just the Muslim side. This is something few Americans know or will accept even after being informed.

As we speak, hundreds of Gazan children are dying under the rubble from Israel’s bombardment.

Yes and the word barbarian applies to both sides, not just the Muslim side. This is something few Americans know or will accept even after being informed.
That's why I don't want Murican support going to either side.
As we speak, hundreds of Gazan children are dying under the rubble from Israel’s bombardment.
Once again, how many of those children are being prevented from leaving, so the barbarians can have some bloody bodies to wave around to their buttbois in the press?

As I noted earlier, as fucked as the Likud/Mossad Israelis are, they at least don't use civilians as human shields.

Meaningless point. Do you somehow think this gives Israel a green light to massacre children and mistreat an entire minority in their country?
i asked you a simple question,cant answer it?.......... are you going to give hamas a green light to come across the border and kill a thousand people?.........

i asked you a simple question,cant answer it?.......... are you going to give hamas a green light to come across the border and kill a thousand people?.........
Do you know why they did October 7? Think about it.

I oppose all violence, but I can understand why it occurs.

Right now Israel is massacring Palestinian women and children. Do you support this?

Do you know why they did October 7? Think about it.

I oppose all violence, but I can understand why it occurs.

Right now Israel is massacring Palestinian women and children. Do you support this?
you mean the people who were dancing in the street after 9/11?.....i support Israel defending themselves....and what hamas did was more than just a terrorist attack.....hamas did that not caring about how many of their people were going to die....and they knew dam well this was going to happen...fuck hamas....

"The thinking surrounding the Hamas/Israel conflict is far too binary."

…far too binary, far too polarized, far too oversimplified, and far too partisan.

Forum List

Back