The tides on earth

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Just briefly : it’s fascinating as the earths bulge in the center is caused by the tidal force of both the moon and the sun - it causes the water to bulge out

What is most fascinating is that the tides are really not moving in and out towards you ..you’re actually rotating around them as the earth spins

Just briefly : it’s fascinating as the earths bulge in the center is caused by the tidal force of both the moon and the sun - it causes the water to bulge out

What is most fascinating is that the tides are really not moving in and out towards you ..you’re actually rotating around them as the earth spins
Did you just get out of your 6th grade (or GED) science class again, and are stunned by the Well Known forces that cause tides?
Did you go into a coma in the 4th grade and recently emerge to take 9th grade science?

`
I’ll be honest I remember very little from back then and today I love shows like how the universe works.

I just finished middle school and wanted to share my delightful insights
I have a Navajo Chief reincarnated in me and
every full moon I start talking like him and chanting,
telling stories ...."Many moons ago when I was a warrior
and the great buffalo roamed on the prairies....."

My wife thinks I'm just doing funny impressions and laughs.

Last edited:

I've loved the ocean since my parents took me to Cape Cod when I was 2.
I was fearless in the ocean for a long time even after Jaws. But except for the wonderful lakes in Arkansas, I haven't seen a beach since we visited my brother in Hawaii in 2008.

I just finished middle school and wanted to share my delightful insights
I have a Navajo Chief reincarnated in me and
every full moon I start talking like him and chanting,
telling stories ...."Many moons ago when I was a warrior
and the great buffalo roamed on the prairies....."

My wife thinks I'm just doing funny impressions and laughs.
Its kind of like being a swinger.

Tidal effect mostly due to the presence of Luna, the Moon.
Tidal effect of Earth's hydrosphere was significant in some of the evolutionary paths taken in the biosphere. Many unique to Earth as many Earth like planets in other star systems don't have such a large and close satellite like Luna/Moon to produce tidal effects with their oceans. Part of how Earth may not be the best metric for gauging life on other planets.

Also why the geoduck remains a valuable import for the gourmets of Rigel-4 and Sirius-7.

Forum List

Back