The Trouble With TRUST

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Do you agree or disagree with this statement:

The benefits of closeness and intimacy are overshadowed by the possibility of pain and betrayal.

The benefits of closeness and intimacy are overshadowed by the possibility of pain and betrayal.

Requires subjective experiences to agree or not with it. If you've been betrayed in the past you'll agree, if not you wont. So the purpose in asking is moot. The answer's already known.

Even in anonymity, people in USMB don't "trust". Agree or disagree?

Disagree in general. Depends on who you are being intimate or close with.

Do you REALLY let your "real" self out here? Totally? Or do you hold back?

I dont know any other way but to be me. I'm a take me or leave me kind of guy. If you decide to leave I would wish you good luck in finding what you really want.

I dont know any other way but to be me. I'm a take me or leave me kind of guy. If you decide to leave I would wish you good luck in finding what you really want.

Yet, people "hedge" - how much would you be willing to divulge about yourself on here?
100%
80%?

Yet, people "hedge" - how much would you be willing to divulge about yourself on here?
100%
80%?
Oh you mean online? I thought you meant in a relationship. Not much.I would reveal about myself online. Only things that cannot be used to track me down.

We're not anonymous online. Only the ignorant or naive think they're anonymous. :)

So, there is fear? or distrust? both?
So feeling like you can "act out" on here, without repercussion, an illusion?

Would say delusion not illusion. Everything we look at, every page we visit, everything we type, everythign we download has a record of it on your ISP's computer. Everything coming to your pc is going through their's. Via search warrant all of that can be learned of.

Trust is I think something that comes form ignorance or requires a fair bit of it. If we really trusted each other we wouldn't need login names and passwords. :) Be like the bank scene in the "The IVention of Lying" where the teller reports the guy's account is at zero and he says no that's a mistake I really have however much so she goes "oh our mistake!" and gives him the money he asked for. :)

100%
80%?
Oh you mean online? I thought you meant in a relationship. Not much.I would reveal about myself online. Only things that cannot be used to track me down.

People are people.
Relationships, as much time as people spend on here, are real.
Or, do you view this as a "game" - or, role play............

We're not anonymous online. Only the ignorant or naive think they're anonymous. :)

Would say delusion not illusion. Everything we look at, every page we visit, everything we type, everythign we download has a record of it on your ISP's computer. Everything coming to your pc is going through their's. Via search warrant all of that can be learned of.

Trust is I think something that comes form ignorance or requires a fair bit of it. If we really trusted each other we wouldn't need login names and passwords. :) Be like the bank scene in the "The IVention of Lying" where the teller reports the guy's account is at zero and he says no that's a mistake I really have however much so she goes "oh our mistake!" and gives him the money he asked for. :)

It all depends on what you VALUE.
I value people more than my valuables, my identity or my life.

100%
80%?

People are people.
People are people but there is a lot to be said about body language and intimacy. In person I can quickly assess you to see if you are worth my time. Also even when I meet someone in person they not automatically invited to my inner circle.

I see this forum more as a place to voice your opinion. Its hard for me to form a relationship with someone I cant see.

It all depends on what you VALUE.
I value people more than my valuables, my identity or my life.

Me too. Bringing in groceries I prop my front door open to make it easier going back n forth. Am always thinking "if a neighbor steals groceries from another neighbor they must need it pretty bad, so that's ok." Just hope they don't take the beef jerky or other treats. Take the milk or eggs or something. :)

100%
80%?

People are people.
People are people but there is a lot to be said about body language and intimacy. In person I can quickly assess you to see if you are worth my time. Also even when I meet someone in person they not automatically invited to my inner circle.

I see this forum more as a place to voice your opinion. Its hard for me to form a relationship with someone I cant see.

It's easier for me - because in person you can pretty much tell all people suck
You can pretend they are not here... (or elsewhere on line) - until you get to know them anyway.......

Forum List

Back