The Trump admin is trying to spin the Flynn

Slade3200

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2016
Today Spicey stated that Flynn did nothing wrong except for "forget" to tell the administration all the details of his calls with Russia, which "eroded" trust. They are injecting "misleading" "didn't properly inform" "he forgot details" trying to allude to an accidental oversight rather than acknowledge that it was a deliberate lie... Plain and simple, Flynn lied, stop dancing around it!

They can't reenforce the spin because they know there are transcripts that, if released, would show the truth of the matter.

The real question is... If Flynn did nothing wrong with discussing sanctions with Russia, then why did he lie about it?

Today Spicey stated that Flynn did nothing wrong except for "forget" to tell the administration all the details of his calls with Russia, which "eroded" trust. They are injecting "misleading" "didn't properly inform" "he forgot details" trying to allude to an accidental oversight rather than acknowledge that it was a deliberate lie... Plain and simple, Flynn lied, stop dancing around it!

They can't reenforce the spin because they know there are transcripts that, if released, would show the truth of the matter.

The real question is... If Flynn did nothing wrong with discussing sanctions with Russia, then why did he lie about it?
You are correct it was foolish for Flynn to have lied to Pence about the discussion with the Russian ambassador since there was nothing wrong about it.

You are correct it was foolish for Flynn to have lied to Pence about the discussion with the Russian ambassador since there was nothing wrong about it.

Pence, who has been a hawk on Russia and directly disagreed with Trump on this topic would with a doubt disagree.

So would some laws.

Flynn discussed sanctions with the Russian Ambassador WHEN PRESIDENT OBAMA WAS IN OFFICE. And you say there's nothing WRONG with that?
How stupid/ biased are you?

So why did he do it? Any thoughts?

I know the Trump excuse is that he lied. It's hard to believe that Flynn would try to discuss removing sanctions without full knowledge and approval from Trump. I doubt he lied about anything, but using that as an excuse is a way for Trump to pretend he wasn't involved. Trump, and his team were in collusion with Russia throughout the election. Flynn's conversations were just a continuation of those discussions.

If Flynn lied to the FBI about it, it's a felony.
LOCK HIM UP.

He didn't. BUT the FBI allowing these tapes to be distributed means one or more within the FBI are going to be wearing orange.

What they did was illegal.

:)

"Normally intercepts of U.S. officials and citizens are some of the most tightly held government secrets. This is for good reason.

Selectively disclosing details of private conversations monitored by the FBI or NSA gives the permanent state the power to destroy reputations from the cloak of anonymity.

This is what police states do.

In the past it was considered scandalous for senior U.S. officials to even request the identities of U.S. officials incidentally monitored by the government (normally they are redacted from intelligence reports).

John Bolton's nomination to be U.S. ambassador to the United Nations was derailed in 2006 after the NSA confirmed he had made 10 such requests when he was Undersecretary of State for Arms Control in George W. Bush's first term.

The fact that the intercepts of Flynn's conversations with Kislyak appear to have been widely distributed inside the government is a red flag."'

Whoopsies.

The Political Assassination of Michael Flynn

I know the Trump excuse is that he lied. It's hard to believe that Flynn would try to discuss removing sanctions without full knowledge and approval from Trump. I doubt he lied about anything, but using that as an excuse is a way for Trump to pretend he wasn't involved. Trump, and his team were in collusion with Russia throughout the election. Flynn's conversations were just a continuation of those discussions.
That is a very likely scenario but as of now there is no evidence of it so i'm trying not to get ahead of ourselves. You do make a great point though, it is very hard to imagine Flynn telling Russians not to worry about the US sanctions without discussing it with Trump first.

So there are no charges against Flynn.

So now it's just not a matter of leaks, it will be crucial to find out who hid the investigation from President Trump for so long.

That is a very likely scenario but as of now there is no evidence of it so i'm trying not to get ahead of ourselves. You do make a great point though, it is very hard to imagine Flynn telling Russians not to worry about the US sanctions without discussing it with Trump first.

Someone needs to see the transcripts. The American public need to see them.

If Flynn lied to the FBI about it, it's a felony.
LOCK HIM UP.

He didn't. BUT the FBI allowing these tapes to be distributed means one or more within the FBI are going to be wearing orange.

What they did was illegal.

:)

"Normally intercepts of U.S. officials and citizens are some of the most tightly held government secrets. This is for good reason.

Selectively disclosing details of private conversations monitored by the FBI or NSA gives the permanent state the power to destroy reputations from the cloak of anonymity.

This is what police states do.

In the past it was considered scandalous for senior U.S. officials to even request the identities of U.S. officials incidentally monitored by the government (normally they are redacted from intelligence reports).

John Bolton's nomination to be U.S. ambassador to the United Nations was derailed in 2006 after the NSA confirmed he had made 10 such requests when he was Undersecretary of State for Arms Control in George W. Bush's first term.

The fact that the intercepts of Flynn's conversations with Kislyak appear to have been widely distributed inside the government is a red flag."'

Whoopsies.

The Political Assassination of Michael Flynn
Its a great diversion that i'm sure the Trumpsters will be pushing to change the topic. But just like the Email hacks of the DNC, information was leaked and now we are experiencing the repercussions. I have no doubt Trump will focus the next few weeks on trying to crack down on staffers to eliminate the leaks. There is no way they can survive in Washington with this type of "forced transparency" and accountability.

Trump doesn't apologize, he doubles down. The fact that Flynn resigned over this means they've got him dead to rights. If there was any way to deny, obfuscate and tie this up in court for years, the Trump admin would be. His resignation portends something more serious.

So now it's just not a matter of leaks, it will be crucial to find out who hid the investigation from President Trump for so long.
Don't take the bait of the pivot so quickly. The "leaks" talking point is a diversion. I do agree it should be dealt with but there is more fish to fry on the Russian sanction situation.

Like Trump didn't know about it. Ha ha
Do you also believe in the Easter Bunny?

You bloody fool. The information is already out there that Clapper and other were pressing to have Trump briefed on this.

But it was a no go. Yates only coughed up the information to the White House counsel after they realized Pence had been lied to.

Investigations aren't completed yet. I'm pretty sure their first excuse won't make this go away.

Sally Yates warned Trump about Flynn's potential to be blackmailed. It's part of the reason he fired her.

Forum List

Back