The Truth Is: Donald Trump Did Pretty Good In Last Night's Debate (And I Can't Stand Him)

Donald Trump's performance at the Commander in Chief Forum:

• I reluctantly admit was better than I hoped it would be.

• Was good and I'm glad!

• Wasn't as good as the OP says.

• Failed horribly!

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
Look, people know me here for my stark (and some say "offensive" ) honesty. And everyone knows my position on Donald Trump getting within 100 miles of the Oval Office.

That being said, he did very well in last night's debate. You're hearing a few nitpicking threads but really, he aced it. And that has to be a campaign "uh-oh" moment for the Hillary camp. Trump is pulling ahead in the polls and he aced last night's commander in chief forum. Worse still, Hillary's "can you trust him when the phone rings at 3am" ads just got sucker punched in the face because he came out looking more calm and having self-control than he ever has before.

So....? I guess this means more work for the Hillary camp. Well done Donald. I still think you should be legally restrained from coming within 100 miles of the Whitehouse.

OK, 2 other people voted and someone thanked me. But nobody wants to discuss it eh? Anyone have ideas on how Hillary should handle a Donald Trump that now apparently can curb his acid tongue in debates?

Every two minutes was another gaffe. How is that OK?
How severe are the gaffs you're talking about vs how strong Trump came off on foreign policy?
He lied about being against Iraq and Libya, he lied about what he was told in briefings, he lied about how potuses pick generals (they don't), he blew Putin in public, and he said we should have kept boots on the ground to loot Iraq's oil.

That said, Hillary continues to trip over her emails.

How severe are the gaffs you're talking about vs how strong Trump came off on foreign policy?
He lied about being against Iraq and Libya, he lied about what he was told in briefings, he lied about how potuses pick generals (they don't), he blew Putin in public, and he said we should have kept boots on the ground to loot Iraq's oil.

Not so sure:

Powell goes on defense: 'I stand by my decisions'

email from Powell:

In the email, Powell, who used a private email account during his time in office, confided that he connected his computer to a private phone line in order to avoid having his emails go through State Department servers.
----------------
She's so classy. Refusing to make Powell the fall guy even with emails "right there"

She takes responsibility for her vote on Iraq, not blaming Bush lying.

She takes responsibility for her emails.

Does Trump? We already know the answer to that, don't we?

Not so sure:

email from Powell:

In the email, Powell, who used a private email account during his time in office, confided that he connected his computer to a private phone line in order to avoid having his emails go through State Department servers.
----------------
She's so classy. Refusing to make Powell the fall guy even with emails "right there"

Deany, do you know the different between an email account and an email server?

Not so sure:

email from Powell:

----------------

You can't have a "Private Email Account" without a private Email Server.

Do you understand how Email Accounts work?

And more.
He corrected a young Marine on her statistic, and he was wrong.
He gave a simplistic answer on suiciders, "They need help".
He insinuated that woman cause rapes.
He talked about his "secret plan" and then proved he had none
He said he would have voted against Iraq but would have illegally stolen their oil

The guy was a Gaffefest. At the rate of one every two minutes. And yet, he thinks he hit it out of the partk

Not so sure:

email from Powell:

----------------

So what do you call an AOL account, which is what Powell said he had? Public? Then how come there's a password.

Not so sure:

email from Powell:

----------------

Of course.

An email account is the place that holds the email money.

An email server is the person that walks around delivering the emails. It doesn't hurt to give them a tip.

Now, do I sound like a Republican?

Look, people know me here for my stark (and some say "offensive" ) honesty. And everyone knows my position on Donald Trump getting within 100 miles of the Oval Office.

That being said, he did very well in last night's debate. You're hearing a few nitpicking threads but really, he aced it. And that has to be a campaign "uh-oh" moment for the Hillary camp. Trump is pulling ahead in the polls and he aced last night's commander in chief forum. Worse still, Hillary's "can you trust him when the phone rings at 3am" ads just got sucker punched in the face because he came out looking more calm and having self-control than he ever has before.

So....? I guess this means more work for the Hillary camp. Well done Donald. I still think you should be legally restrained from coming within 100 miles of the Whitehouse.
From what I've seen, he definitely did better than he might have.

Seems to me that the addition of Kellyanne Conway was a real turning point, he's kept his shit together comparatively well and his talking points have improved quite a bit.

I don't want him to win, but it's good to know he can take positive instruction just in case.

I guess the ostrich with its head in the sand is the collective reply to this thread ^^

C'mon, admit it. He did well. God how I hate to say that.

He's slowly becoming a politician.

I heard a speech of his earlier this week, and if you didn't know it was Trump, you would have assumed it was a professional politician. He's learning the ropes and learning them fast. It didn't even sound like the Trump we all know.

Donald says some whacky things, but he is a smart guy regardless what anybody says. You don't become as successful as he did being stupid. In my time I've seen plenty of companies that handed down the business to their kids, and it just went to hell or they ended up closing or selling out. So I don't buy this excuse that Trump's success is only because of his father.

Do I think Trump will make a good President? I think he might. He's surprised so many people that predicted failure on each level. First they said Trump will drop out of the race before the debates. Then they said he will drop out during the debates from being beat so badly. Then they said the RNC will never nominate him. Then they said he will drop out after the nomination if he gets it, and so on, and so on.......

Not so sure:

email from Powell:

----------------

So what do you call an AOL account, which is what Powell said he had? Public? Then how come there's a password.

Uh...AOL is a public email lol...your email is hosted by a public non-government entity!

Not so sure:

email from Powell:

----------------

So you think account = server?

From what I've seen, he definitely did better than he might have.

Seems to me that the addition of Kellyanne Conway was a real turning point, he's kept his shit together comparatively well and his talking points have improved quite a bit.

I don't want him to win, but it's good to know he can take positive instruction just in case.

Agreed. But how do you think it will change the Hillary strategy? They were counting on him screwing up in the debates...

Trump did pretty well in the way one's high school junior varsity sports player did pretty well. Among others of the child's ilk, he did well. In the absolute when compared with pros or even the varsity team players, nothing about the kid's performance counts as having done well. When one wants to play on the world stage, sit in the President's seat at the table, one had better be a "varsity league" player in every dimension, not just one or two, because everyone else at the table truly does know what's going on and what they are talking about.

Forum List

Back