The truth on being saved.

kjw47

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2013
Gods word teaches this( bottom line) --Those who endure till the end will be saved.---
Not one of us has reached the end.
There would be 1 of 2 requirements by a mortal man to know if another is saved--
1) He would have had to see ones name written in the book of life.-- he has not.
2) He would have to be able to read anothers true heart---he cannot

Thus no mortal alive knows if one is saved-- here is a prime example.

On TV Mr Joel Osteen says--say these 3 lines of prayer and you are born again( saved). about 1000 in audience, 10,000 plus on tv--He doesn't know 1/10th of them--now they all say these 3 lines and go through life thinking they are saved--yet some are workers of iniquities who walk the broad and spacious path. and I believe that as much as he had no clue about the workers of iniquity he told were saved, he has no clue about any just as no mortal does. He is elevating himself into Gods [position by teaching those are saved as any teacher who does I believe is a teacher of darkness( 2 Corinthians 11:12-15)

Loveed the guy who used to wander around Boston with one of those "sandwich" sighs.

Front said:

Jesus SAVES!

Back said:

Why Don't You?
George's Bank.

Gods word teaches this( bottom line) --Those who endure till the end will be saved.---
There would be 1 of 2 requirements by a mortal man to know if another is saved--
1) He would have had to see ones name written in the book of life.-- he has not.

On TV Mr Joel Osteen says--say these 3 lines of prayer and you are born again( saved). about 1000 in audience, 10,000 plus on tv--He doesn't know 1/10th of them--now they all say these 3 lines and go through life thinking they are saved--yet some are workers of iniquities who walk the broad and spacious path. and I believe that as much as he had no clue about the workers of iniquity he told were saved, he has no clue about any just as no mortal does. He is elevating himself into Gods [position by teaching those are saved as any teacher who does I believe is a teacher of darkness( 2 Corinthians 11:12-15)

And Jesus saved two men dying on a cross with him that he did not know.

They had reached their end and paid in full the wages of sin = death--thus will be apart of the resurrection after Harmageddon.

They had reached their end and paid in full the wages of sin = death--thus will be apart of the resurrection after Harmageddon.

The one act that has never unfolded in Jewish eschatology.

"God's word"?
:dunno: Which God?​

You can know a man is saved if the Holy Spirit has a reason for letting you know. I led a dying man to the Lord via telephone call Long distance some years ago. He was a Catholic man who had unforgiveness in his heart unbeknownst to me. He was on his death bed. He said the sinners prayer, accepted Christ as a free gift - not works based - he understood - I hung and thought he was saved. That night I am praying the Holy Ghost says to me, He is not saved. I said, I went over everything with him, he accepted Christ - ( Romans 10:8 ) how can he not be saved? The Holy Spirit tells me he has unforgiveness. I call him back the next day. I say to him this isn't finished yet. The Lord says you have unforgiveness in your heart, is it your mother? Is it your ex wife? He says Ex - wife! The Whore! He tells me everything the woman did to grieve him to the core - I tell him that I understand how difficult it is to forgive some people - it is even what would seem impossible but would he be willing to say Lord, I am willing to let you forgive her through me? He said, Sure! The moment he said, Sure! I said to him, God is writing your name in the lambs book of life right now. He cried out, I know! I see his hand engraving my name. On a tablet of granite. He is writing Andrew! I tell you the truth. It was one of the most dramatic conversions I have ever been a part of. I can feel that moment to this day. He died shortly afterwards and went straight to heaven.

As for Joel Osteen? He is a false teacher. He will be in hell if he doesn't repent. Don't listen to anything he says. Have a nice evening. - Jeri

He also said:
John 6:47 Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life.
John 5:24 I can guarantee this truth: Every believer has eternal life.
John 3:15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.
John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life,

^ How I rest assured of my future.
And you can tell if a man is saved by the fruit he produces through the Holy Spirit. And if his beliefs are rooted in Christ.

Hi Jeri. :)

Christians are amusing little self absorbed creatures.. :lol:

"God's word"?
:dunno: Which God?​

Its very sad if one needs to ask which God---There is but one in reality--YHWH(Jehovah)

You can know a man is saved if the Holy Spirit has a reason for letting you know. I led a dying man to the Lord via telephone call Long distance some years ago. He was a Catholic man who had unforgiveness in his heart unbeknownst to me. He was on his death bed. He said the sinners prayer, accepted Christ as a free gift - not works based - he understood - I hung and thought he was saved. That night I am praying the Holy Ghost says to me, He is not saved. I said, I went over everything with him, he accepted Christ - ( Romans 10:8 ) how can he not be saved? The Holy Spirit tells me he has unforgiveness. I call him back the next day. I say to him this isn't finished yet. The Lord says you have unforgiveness in your heart, is it your mother? Is it your ex wife? He says Ex - wife! The Whore! He tells me everything the woman did to grieve him to the core - I tell him that I understand how difficult it is to forgive some people - it is even what would seem impossible but would he be willing to say Lord, I am willing to let you forgive her through me? He said, Sure! The moment he said, Sure! I said to him, God is writing your name in the lambs book of life right now. He cried out, I know! I see his hand engraving my name. On a tablet of granite. He is writing Andrew! I tell you the truth. It was one of the most dramatic conversions I have ever been a part of. I can feel that moment to this day. He died shortly afterwards and went straight to heaven.

As for Joel Osteen? He is a false teacher. He will be in hell if he doesn't repent. Don't listen to anything he says. Have a nice evening. - Jeri

Only those who do Gods will will enter his kingdom-Matt 7:21--- these lived daily by every utterance of God. Just as Jesus taught one to do--unfortunately for the majority--they do not listen to Jesus. That is why Jesus knew---FEW will find the road that leads to life( eternal)----- so speaking words on a death bed does not get ones name written in the book of life.

He also said:
John 6:47 Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life.
John 5:24 I can guarantee this truth: Every believer has eternal life.
John 3:15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.
John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life,

^ How I rest assured of my future.
And you can tell if a man is saved by the fruit he produces through the Holy Spirit. And if his beliefs are rooted in Christ.

Hi Jeri. :)

Gods word is like a puzzle--many parts make up a truth---just believing in Jesus will not get ones name written in the book of life--Jesus even showed this at Matt 7:21-23--- these believe--it did these no good nor did the powerful works they did in Jesus name do any good. So you cannot guarantee every believer gets eternal life---Again in Jesus letter to the laodecians in revelation--he taught persay--if one is sitting on the fence--Jesus will vomit them out--these believe in Jesus but lose. There are many requirements on a mortals part--there is a whole bible.
Many are being told they are Christian but in reality are not. because some teacher of darkness is telling workers of iniquity they are saved.

So GOD made you to test you?

Yeah, okay, that's almost makes sense.

I have two things to say:

1) The Bible says we can know if we have eternal life:

1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

2). No one here has posted that he/she understood what it means to endure to the end. Matthew 24 is talking about the tribulation so if you survive wars and rumors of wars, if you survive famine, pestilence, not taking the mark and if you don't come to Armageddon and where your life will be ended, you will be saved because you will likely meet Jesus and you will have to either accept or reject Him and you will have an easier time because all false religions will be removed, the anti-Christ will be removed and there will be no doubt that Jesus is God.

Matthew 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

The verse: Matthew 24:6 is talking about the time before the end and it uses rumours of wars and the "end".

Matthew 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

There are going to be wars and pestilences and earthquakes mentioned in Revelations which is the tribulation period when anti-Christ returns and this is before the end of the world (age).

I study the Bible and everyone could answer this question if they studied the Bible so this is why you need to be in a healthy and well balanced Church. If you can't answer the question then what are your teachers teaching you??? You're not getting fed and pastors are feeders.

Last edited:

I have two things to say:

1) The Bible says we can know if we have eternal life:

1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

2). No one here has posted that he/she understood what it means to endure to the end. Matthew 24 is talking about the tribulation so if you survive wars and rumors of wars, if you survive famine, pestilence, not taking the mark and if you don't come to Armageddon and life, you will be saved because you will likely meet Jesus and you will have to either accept or reject Him and you will have an easier time because all false religions will be removed, the anti-Christ will be removed and there will be no doubt that Jesus is God.

Matthew 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

The verse: Matthew 24:6 is talking about the time before the end and it uses rumours of wars and the "end".

Matthew 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

There are going to be wars and pestilences and earthquakes mentioned in Revelations which is the tribulation period when anti-Christ returns and this is before the end of the world (age).

I study the Bible and everyone could answer this question if they studied the Bible so this is why you need to be in a healthy and well balanced Church. If you can't answer the question then what are your teachers teaching you??? You're not getting fed and pastors are feeders.

Shepherds Are Feeders

Sheep spend most of their lives eating and drinking, but they are indiscriminate about their diet. They don't know the difference between poisonous and non-poisonous plants. Therefore the shepherd must carefully guard their diet and provide them with pasture rich with nutrients.

In His encounter with him described in John 21, Jesus drove home to Peter the importance of feeding the sheep. Twice in His command to Peter, Jesus used the Greek term bosko, which means "I feed" (vv. 15, 17).

The pastor's goal is not to please the sheep, but to feed them--not to tickle their ears, but to nourish their souls. He is not to offer merely light snacks of spiritual milk, but the substantial meat of biblical truth. Those who fail to feed the flock are unfit to be shepherds (cf. Jeremiah 23:1-4; Ezekiel 34:2-10).

What is the pastor?s responsibility, besides preaching and studying?

If you aren't in a Church, you need to be fed the word of God. If you are trying to lead, you need to feed people the word of God. If you don't or can't then you are unfit to be shepherds.

Agreed. But why single out Joel Osteen? Seems to me most evangelical or fundamental faiths preach the same thing? That is, "say these words" are you are written in the Lamb's Book of Life or something to that effect? Now it is true, some say you can backslide and be lost (again) but they still appear to offer this "blessed assurance."

The Catholic Church says nothing of the sort. They emphasize charity over faith, not to diminish faith of course because it too has immeasurable importance. But what the Catholic Church is saying is that one can be saved even if he has no knowledge of Jesus Christ. That is how merciful and loving and just is our God.

Note: The first shall be last... and the last shall be first. And most will be in purgatory long before they see heaven.

Agreed. But why single out Joel Osteen? Seems to me most evangelical or fundamental faiths preach the same thing? That is, "say these words" are you are written in the Lamb's Book of Life or something to that effect? Now it is true, some say you can backslide and be lost (again) but they still appear to offer this "blessed assurance."

The Catholic Church says nothing of the sort. They emphasize charity over faith, not to diminish faith of course because it too has immeasurable importance. But what the Catholic Church is saying is that one can be saved even if he has no knowledge of Jesus Christ. That is how merciful and loving and just is our God.

Note: The first shall be last... and the last shall be first. And most will be in purgatory long before they see heaven.

There is no purgatory; just sheep and goats.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Revelation 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Revelation 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Yes, thanks. You so wise, you who had to wait 1500 for God to tell the right story to Martin. You who cherry picks the verses to keep your story going. You who thinks "saved" means more than it does. You who is sure when Revelations says "nothing defiled shall enter the kingdom" thinks it is speaking to those in hell. Which makes no sense.

Yes, thanks. You so wise, you who had to wait 1500 for God to tell the right story to Martin. You who cherry picks the verses to keep your story going. You who thinks "saved" means more than it does. You who is sure when Revelations says "nothing defiled shall enter the kingdom" thinks it is speaking to those in hell. Which makes no sense.

I have "The Creeds of Christiandom" and the Church's first creeds were the Bible.
The Catholic church refused to let the common man read the Bible and the monks were destroying the Bible.

The very idea of Purgatory and the doctrines that are often attached to it (prayer for the dead, indulgences, meritorious works on behalf of the dead, etc.) all fail to recognize that Jesus’ death was sufficient to pay the penalty for ALL of our sins. Jesus, who was God incarnate (John 1:1,14), paid an infinite price for our sin. Jesus died for our sins (1 Corinthians 15:3). Jesus is the atoning sacrifice for our sins (1 John 2:2). To limit Jesus’ sacrifice to atoning for original sin, or sins committed before salvation, is an attack on the Person and Work of Jesus Christ. If we must in any sense pay for, atone for, or suffer because of our sins – that indicates Jesus’ death was not a perfect, complete, and sufficient sacrifice.

For believers, after death is to be "away from the body and at home with the Lord" (2 Corinthians 5:6-8; Philippians 1:23). Notice that this does not say "away from the body, in Purgatory with the cleansing fire." No, because of the perfection, completion, and sufficiency of Jesus' sacrifice, we are immediately in the Lord's presence after death, fully cleansed, free from sin, glorified, perfected, and ultimately sanctified.

What does the Bible say about Purgatory?

Forum List

Back