🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The U.S. Is Paying for What It Did to Russia in Afghanistan

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
This is an opinion article I came across that I happen to agree with and can personally relate to 100%. And although the title seems misleading at first, if you read the article it will make sense.

As I approach 75, I’m having a commonplace experience for my age. I live with a brain that’s beginning to dump previously secure memories — names, the contents of books I read long ago (or all too recently), events, whatever. If you’re of a certain age yourself, you know the story.

Recently, however, I realized that this experience of loss, like so much else in our world, is more complex than I imagined. What I mean is that such loss also involves gain. It’s turned my mind to, and made me something of an instant expert on, one aspect of twenty-first-century America: the memory hole that’s swallowed up parts of our all-too-recent history. In fact, I’ve been wondering whether aging imperial powers, like old men and women, have a tendency to discard what once had been oh-so-familiar. There’s a difference, though, when it comes to the elites of the aging empire I live in at least. They don’t just dump things relatively randomly as I seem to be doing. Instead, they conveniently obliterate all memory of their country’s — that is, their own — follies and misdeeds.
continued here- The U.S. Is Paying for What It Did to Russia in Afghanistan

I'm just not real interested in reading or even seeing Russian propaganda.

I'm just not real interested in reading or even seeing Russian propaganda.

He’s a never-ending source of humor.

You should see me in person.
gif5.gif

Forum List

Back