The US Flag Is Now School Contraband

it's not about it being racist. it's about them having racial tensions at the school and trying to keep them tamped down. i think they went overboard. but honestly? i think flying a flag from one's bike is silly and you have to ask why the kid is doing it.

I have to ask why the kid is doing it...why? :eusa_eh: Why is this any of our business? You gonna ask me why I have a flag on my car?

At some California schools, and from the sounds of it at this one also, kids flaunted the American flag on Cinco De Mayo. ;) Hence the ban on ALL flags.

The school admin is probably saving the kid from getting his ass kicked. Of course, his parents are probably too stupid to realize that.

RootForUs.jpg

I don't think faux patriotism is any way to support my country!
And you wanna know how I supported my WWII vet grandfather, and Korean Vet uncle? I named my son after them. So, please shut up.

Nobody has to shut up cause you tell em to. And we think you're as full of shit as obie wan know nutting with that "faux patriotism" shit. It didn't play well when that asshole said it either.

And you wanna know how I supported my WWII vet grandfather, and Korean Vet uncle? I named my son after them. So, please shut up.

Nobody has to shut up cause you tell em to. And we think you're as full of shit as obie wan know nutting with that "faux patriotism" shit. It didn't play well when that asshole said it either.

:lol: And I don't have to care that you think I am full of shit. I know how I feel, and what I have done, it doesn't really matter to me if some wingnut doesn't think I am patriotic enough.

It's the typical totalitarian response.

If a few people do something "wrong", preemptively punish the innocent by forbidding benign behavior.

it's not about it being racist. it's about them having racial tensions at the school and trying to keep them tamped down. i think they went overboard. but honestly? i think flying a flag from one's bike is silly and you have to ask why the kid is doing it.

I have to ask why the kid is doing it...why? :eusa_eh: Why is this any of our business? You gonna ask me why I have a flag on my car?

At some California schools, and from the sounds of it at this one also, kids flaunted the American flag on Cinco De Mayo. ;) Hence the ban on ALL flags.

Assholes "flaunt" flags at the olympics all the time.

If a few people do something "wrong", preemptively punish the innocent by forbidding benign behavior.

:lol: Kind of like the way we treat Mexicans? I bet you are okay with the new laws in Arizona and other states. How about keeping gays out of the military?

Hey Luissa

Do you think this little girl should have not gone to school because she could get her ass kicked too?

ruby2.jpg

No, but I bet you think she should have not been allowed to go to school because she was black.

:lol: And I don't have to care that you think I am full of shit. I know how I feel, and what I have done, it doesn't really matter to me if some wingnut doesn't think I am patriotic enough.

Yes, we know. It's in your own words.

First of all as was stated in a previous post, I am not promoting the idea that immigrants should cut cultural ties with there homeland, I am only suggesting that they also embrace American culture

Second, the right to display or carry or wear an American flag or any flag for that matter especially in a publicly funded school is not an imperfection but rather a right that should be protected at all cost.

Do you remember which year it was Americans were told "not to fly the American flag" I can't remember the year but I remember it happened.

Why do you guys always feel the need to question other people's patriotism?
You cannot accept that people show their love for their country in ways you don't agree with. If I don't have flag painted on my ass, I must not love my country. Give me a break!

:lol: Kind of like the way we treat Mexicans? I bet you are okay with the new laws in Arizona and other states. How about keeping gays out of the military?

What's wrong with the new laws in Arizona? Doyathink?

You cannot accept that people show their love for their country in ways you don't agree with. If I don't have flag painted on my ass, I must not love my country. Give me a break!

Listen babe "faux patriotism" came outta your mouth, not mine.

But i'd be soooo much cooler if you did.

No, but I bet you think she should have not been allowed to go to school because she was black.
I want all children to go to school and if they all had a American flag on their bikes, even better.

I don't care!

The admin had a problem to deal with, they had children using the flag to taunt other children, so he banned all flags. They did what they felt was right, and someone who doesn't work there, or really have any idea what kind of problems they have, shouldn't really decide what the best decsion is in this case.
Some of the people are so hung up on their "patriotism", that they can't look at each situation seperatly.

Forum List

Back