The video I just saw from the trial of the Floyd incident with the audio of the crowd around looked pretty bad

I think it should be like an onvoluntary manslaughter....like when you drive a car wrecklessly and kill someone.

But even in a vehicular manslaughter case, the driver doesn't refuse to stop, and continue to drag the body for nine minutes

Maybe not.

It is a shame that Floyd took a lethal dose of Fentanyl and had a heart attack. Lots of things could have been done differently that day.
The guy that ran into my car yesterday had taken a lethal dose of fentanyl and heroin. He died too. It happens

That poor man was held for 9 minutes unable to move. Sure he had his issues. So did I when I was younger. It doesn't mean I should have had my claustrophobia tested. Based on what saw? That cop was one of the bad cops.

He certainly seems negligent. The video I saw was pretty fucking bad. The cop may well just be a brazen dumb fuck. Intent to murder would have had to come in the moment...because they tried to put Floyd in the back of a cop car and he would not cooperate and he asked to lay on the ground.
I have no doubt he did something in the car to warrant his being tossed on the ground. But in cuffs with 4 cops, he did not need to be held with a knee on neck for over 9 minutes.
The racists are seeking justification for the public execution of a black man. Behavior while in custody, past record, drug use, anything.
When you see the entire video it's evident that Floyd was in a drugged mania state.
So what if he was? How would that give a cop justification for killing him? What kind of other stuff do you think offers approval for random cops to commit murder or manslaughter? Should random cops be allowed to commit other crimes?
Prove it was murder.

That poor man was held for 9 minutes unable to move. Sure he had his issues. So did I when I was younger. It doesn't mean I should have had my claustrophobia tested. Based on what saw? That cop was one of the bad cops.

Issues? He was a violent criminal.

I've seen it. The whole situation was a tragedy, but I don't believe it was murder. Manslaughter might stick. I do not believe it was premeditated or done purposely to achieve the eventual outcome.

Premeditation
Someone premeditates a crime by considering it before committing it. Premeditation requires that the defendant think out the act, no matter how quickly—it can be as simple deciding to pick up a hammer that is lying nearby and to use it as a weapon.

Deliberation
A defendant deliberates by considering the act and its consequences (but not necessarily the punishment), and deciding to follow through with it. A deliberate act isn’t provoked or carried out in the heat of passion. But that a defendant was excited or angry doesn’t mean that she didn’t deliberate.

Time Required
Time alone doesn’t determine whether a defendant premeditated and deliberated. All premeditation and deliberation require is the time it takes to form the intent, ponder the crime, and then act. Defendants can premeditate and deliberate in a matter of minutes, as long as the thought process occurs before the act.

Issues? He was a violent criminal.
Yes. He was a violent criminal. But once he had cuffs behind his back, he was no longer a threat to anyone except himself.

I've seen it. The whole situation was a tragedy, but I don't believe it was murder. Manslaughter might stick. I do not believe it was premeditated or done purposely to achieve the eventual outcome.

Premeditation
Someone premeditates a crime by considering it before committing it. Premeditation requires that the defendant think out the act, no matter how quickly—it can be as simple deciding to pick up a hammer that is lying nearby and to use it as a weapon.

Deliberation
A defendant deliberates by considering the act and its consequences (but not necessarily the punishment), and deciding to follow through with it. A deliberate act isn’t provoked or carried out in the heat of passion. But that a defendant was excited or angry doesn’t mean that she didn’t deliberate.

Time Required
Time alone doesn’t determine whether a defendant premeditated and deliberated. All premeditation and deliberation require is the time it takes to form the intent, ponder the crime, and then act. Defendants can premeditate and deliberate in a matter of minutes, as long as the thought process occurs before the act.

I still don't believe it was premeditated. Thanks for the cut-n-paste, though.

He certainly seems negligent. The video I saw was pretty fucking bad. The cop may well just be a brazen dumb fuck. Intent to murder would have had to come in the moment...because they tried to put Floyd in the back of a cop car and he would not cooperate and he asked to lay on the ground.
I have no doubt he did something in the car to warrant his being tossed on the ground. But in cuffs with 4 cops, he did not need to be held with a knee on neck for over 9 minutes.
The racists are seeking justification for the public execution of a black man. Behavior while in custody, past record, drug use, anything.
When you see the entire video it's evident that Floyd was in a drugged mania state.
So what if he was? How would that give a cop justification for killing him? What kind of other stuff do you think offers approval for random cops to commit murder or manslaughter? Should random cops be allowed to commit other crimes?
Prove it was murder.
Not my job. We all saw him kill the guy. A judge and jury are in the process of determining if he committed murder or manslaughter, but we all saw the cop kill the guy.

It is a shame that Floyd took a lethal dose of Fentanyl and had a heart attack. Lots of things could have been done differently that day.

In the eyes of the law it's still murder.

Is it still murder if you kill someone who is already dying?

In the U.S., if you act intentionally, with malice aforethought, the answer is yes.

You didn't see the video until today, but have been giving your dumb **** opinion on the matter for the past week on the trial?

...Oh wait you're a Republican, I forgot.

Prove it was murder.
Not my job. We all saw him kill the guy. A judge and jury are in the process of determining if he committed murder or manslaughter, but we all saw the cop kill the guy.

The cop didn't kill him........his drug use killed him.

Premeditation

Deliberation

Time Required

I still don't believe it was premeditated. Thanks for the cut-n-paste, though.

Of course it was not premeditated. People are fucking stupid.

I think it should be like an onvoluntary manslaughter....like when you drive a car wrecklessly and kill someone.

But even in a vehicular manslaughter case, the driver doesn't refuse to stop, and continue to drag the body for nine minutes

Maybe not.

The guy that ran into my car yesterday had taken a lethal dose of fentanyl and heroin. He died too. It happens

For real that happened?

Prove it was murder.
Actually, we all saw the guy die at his hands. None of us saw the evidence that he killed the guy.
In law, there is a difference. I suggest you read up on it before you spew your hatred and show your ignorance.

The crowd was pleading with police to let Floyd up....Floyd was obvously unconscious and unresponsive and the cop kept his knee on his neck.

The crowd is begging to check his pulse. I never saw this before. I thought the cop couldnt tell.

Fuck man....I dunno.

Has anyone seen that specific video before? With the crowd pleading with police? I had not.

Yes, I saw it when it first came out. Like I said then, had the cop actually responded to the crowd, checked him, and then immediately called for help, there would be no issue. He didn't. And that is the problem with mr. chauvin.

Forum List

Back