The War against Black People

Status
Not open for further replies.

An incredibly myopic POV. People are naturally addictive. The first thing you get addicted to is sugar and it go's downhill from there. It's very easy to take the high ground and look down your nose at those who are afflicted, but it doesn't help the completely innocent people who are murdered because of drug laws that don't prevent drug use and in fact reward criminal behavior.

Sorry, I work in an Outreach and see the damage drug use and selling it causes.

Yes, the selling is only profitable because it's ILLEGAL! Wake the hell up. After WWII there were 20,000 heroin addicts in the entire USA. Then, drugs were outlawed and heroin use, and abuse skyrocketed. At some point you have to figure out that prohibition really doesn't work any better than it did for alcohol who's time spent as an illegal substance merely served to kill a lot of people and start organised crime.

Real effective.

You do drugs you're a loser....you wake up

I don't do drugs. I do however see the innocent people murdered, who would not be, if there was no profit to be made by illegal drug sales. It's as simple as that. I am sick and tired of seeing young children killed by assholes in drive by shootings. They wouldn't be killed if the drugs were legal.

A big mac is worse for your body than a bowl of kush.
Plus, you have to realize, with the market open, there is less crime and less abuse. History..

Decriminalising drugs would have an immense benefit to society.

Public health
Crime reduction
Police bills
Tax revenue
Job creation

Its all good news.

It would also help those countries whose cultures are scarred by the drug trade.
The world would be a better place.

Of course, if we were to legalize it federally(which, our founders would be rolling their graves knowing we banned something that grows in a fucking ditch) they wouldn't be able to tax the shit out of it. Wouldn't serve its purpose if it is dramatically cheaper from your buddy in the next town..

Of course, if we were to legalize it federally(which, our founders would be rolling their graves knowing we banned something that grows in a fucking ditch) they wouldn't be able to tax the shit out of it. Wouldn't serve its purpose if it is dramatically cheaper from your buddy in the next town..
Your buddy would not be able to get any stock. Wal Mart will have it all sewn up.

Yeah, don't be stupid and use drugs to begin with

An incredibly myopic POV. People are naturally addictive. The first thing you get addicted to is sugar and it go's downhill from there. It's very easy to take the high ground and look down your nose at those who are afflicted, but it doesn't help the completely innocent people who are murdered because of drug laws that don't prevent drug use and in fact reward criminal behavior.

Yes, the selling is only profitable because it's ILLEGAL! Wake the hell up. After WWII there were 20,000 heroin addicts in the entire USA. Then, drugs were outlawed and heroin use, and abuse skyrocketed. At some point you have to figure out that prohibition really doesn't work any better than it did for alcohol who's time spent as an illegal substance merely served to kill a lot of people and start organised crime.

Real effective.

I don't do drugs. I do however see the innocent people murdered, who would not be, if there was no profit to be made by illegal drug sales. It's as simple as that. I am sick and tired of seeing young children killed by assholes in drive by shootings. They wouldn't be killed if the drugs were legal.

You're leaving out the part where the dope head needs a fix and has no money.

Real effective.

obamadope?

Real effective.

No, I'm not. If cocaine were legal, that which now costs 1,000 dollars would cost 100 and would be pure and unadulterated by toxic substances used to cut it so the criminals can make more profit. Do you see how much cheaper that is? Hell, I would go so far as to GIVE the addicts their drugs for free. Talk about a cost/benefit ratio that is all to the good. That would be it.

Law enforcement costs would plummet, jail populations would plummet. Violent crime would plummet. Property crime would plummet. The only people who see a downside to legalization are those in the law enforcement world who make their living from incarcerating mostly non violent offenders. The violent ones tend to be let go over and over and over again. I wonder why that is?

Real effective.

No, I'm not. If cocaine were legal, that which now costs 1,000 dollars would cost 100 and would be pure and unadulterated by toxic substances used to cut it so the criminals can make more profit. Do you see how much cheaper that is? Hell, I would go so far as to GIVE the addicts their drugs for free. Talk about a cost/benefit ratio that is all to the good. That would be it.

Law enforcement costs would plummet, jail populations would plummet. Violent crime would plummet. Property crime would plummet. The only people who see a downside to legalization are those in the law enforcement world who make their living from incarcerating mostly non violent offenders. The violent ones tend to be let go over and over and over again. I wonder why that is?

So turning people into crackheads is a good thing?
So good old dad gets hooked on meth and cant hold down a job and his family suffers as a result and thats a good thing?

I dont have a problem with legalizing pot but legalizing hard drugs would cause untold misery.
The only plus I could see is Darwinism would get one hell of a workout.

Real effective.

"The only people who see a downside to legalization are those in the law enforcement..."

Know who gets lots more money from the drug trade?

Politicians.

You may recall the rumors about Mena, Arkansas years ago....

Like this:
"According to his wife, security operative Jerry Parks delivers large sums of money from Mena airport to Vince Foster at a K-Mart parking lot. Mrs. Parks discovers this when she opens her car trunk one day and finds so much cash that she has to sit on the trunk to close it again.

She asks her husband whether he is dealing drugs, and he allegedly explains that Foster paid him $1,000 for each trip he took to Mena. Parks said he didn't "know what they were doing, and he didn't care to know. He told me to forget what I'd seen.". . .

.Later Evans-Pritchard will write, "Foster was using him as a kind of operative to collect sensitive information on things and do sensitive jobs. Some of this appears to have been done on behalf of Hillary Clinton. . . Foster told him that Hillary wanted it done. Now, my understanding . . . is that she wanted to know how vulnerable he would be in a presidential race on the question of -- how shall I put it? -- his appetites."
Arkansas Connections: A Time-line of the Clinton Years by Sam Smith

Real effective.

So good old dad gets hooked on meth and cant hold down a job and his family suffers as a result and thats a good thing?

I dont have a problem with legalizing pot but legalizing hard drugs would cause untold misery.

People turn themselves into whatever the hell they want to. Making drugs illegal means that when the person finally makes the choice to get clean they invariably have a criminal record that screws up any chance they have to get a regular job and get a normal life. They are doomed to failure. That is simply stupid. The untold misery is already here. More to the point, if the drugs are legal it is only those who CHOOSE to take them that will be sick. Innocent kids won't be killed in their beds by assholes. They DON'T have a choice, they DO suffer because drugs are illegal.

People turn themselves into whatever the hell they want to. Making drugs illegal means that when the person finally makes the choice to get clean they invariably have a criminal record that screws up any chance they have to get a regular job and get a normal life. They are doomed to failure. That is simply stupid. The untold misery is already here. More to the point, if the drugs are legal it is only those who CHOOSE to take them that will be sick. Innocent kids won't be killed in their beds by assholes. They DON'T have a choice, they DO suffer because drugs are illegal.

The ghetto will still be the ghetto,drive by shootings will still happen,they'll still kill for a pair of shoes or some rims.
Legalizing drugs is not some cure all when it comes to the murder rate.
Although you make a good point about being labeled for life.

The ghetto will still be the ghetto,drive by shootings will still happen,they'll still kill for a pair of shoes or some rims.
Legalizing drugs is not some cure all when it comes to the murder rate.
Although you make a good point about being labeled for life.

Yes, ghetto's are always ghetto's. However, when drugs are legal, the profit go's out of them thus, there is no organized crime component to them. Drive by shootings will still occur, no doubt. Scumbags are scumbags. However they will be greatly reduced. Add to that the fact that it would no longer be a criminal issue and the police forces are no longer under siege in those bad neighborhoods.

There are no downsides to legalization as far as society is concerned. There are some individual downsides, but I am happy to let them kill themselves and not have to worry about people who have made no decision being killed randomly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back