🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The War of Elements: Modern Eulogy

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Here's a mock dialogue between two fictional titans (or gods) named Shive and Firegod about the contours of rage and self-control as they relate to fire and ice (and of course war).

I think it symbolizes our modern age fascination with pressure-gauged imagination (e.g., NATO, 9/11, etc.), echoed in 'purgatory-culture' films such as Backdraft, Waterworld, and Ice Station Zebra.

The purpose of this dialogue is to raise questions such as, "Should a capitalism-subjective Trump Administration meditate on the political and cultural relationship between profiteerism (e.g., Wall Street) and education (e.g., The Satanic Verses)?"

====

SHIVE: What is your obsession with the flames of fire?
FIREGOD: Heat.
SHIVE: Do you despise ice?
FIREGOD: Ice is simply cold water.
SHIVE: Fire is unpredictable.
FIREGOD: Ice-water is simply a glacier.
SHIVE: What about electricity?
FIREGOD: No different than magnetism.
SHIVE: Heat can create drought which can destroy a harvest.
FIREGOD: Dehydration can be transcended with meditation.
SHIVE: Ice-water can bring the mind and soul to an ergonomic vitality.
FIREGOD: Fire is used for war.
SHIVE: Oh yeah? Well, you could theoretically make a liquid-nitrogen 'ice-gun.'
FIREGOD: Fire is an equalizer.
SHIVE: Ice-water is unpretentious.
FIREGOD: Fire is like slang.
SHIVE: Ice-water is poetry.
FIREGOD: Fire is freedom.
SHIVE: Ice-water is literature.
FIREGOD: The flames of hell govern improvisational language!
SHIVE: Relax, Firegod. Ice-water is simply a 'potion' to cure depression.
FIREGOD: Alright.

====

war3.jpg

The Terrorism Driveway

Here's a mock dialogue between Snake-Eyes (the heroic ninja-assassin of the patriotic 'G.I. Joes') and Cobra Commander (the wily 'prince' of the vile terrorist organization 'Cobra') from the American paramilitary fantasy-adventure comic book stylized franchise G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero.

The dialogue concerns the 'contours of anti-government sanity' (if there is such a thing anymore).

How does the capitalism-subjective Trump Administration feel about 'politics price-wars' (e.g., USA-China free market biases)? Should the free market be the true index of new age 'species politics heat'?

I feel uneasy when money/commerce (e.g., European Union) is gauging political decision-making...

====

SNAKE-EYES: Americans are grieving 9/11.
COBRA COMMANDER: I think the Taliban made a joke about the US police emergency phone code (9-11).
SNAKE-EYES: You think the date was intentionally picked as 'special/symbolic'?
COBRA COMMANDER: Definitely.
SNAKE-EYES: Well, since the Taliban attacked the World Trade Center, they must be conscious of anti-pedestrianism.
COBRA COMMANDER: I think this new terrorist faction (ISIS) intends to bomb Yosemite National Park.
SNAKE-EYES: Why?
COBRA COMMANDER: They want to deliver a message about the 'spiritual frailty' of eco-consciousness.
SNAKE-EYES: Why?
COBRA COMMANDER: They do not trust NSA's cyber-division.
SNAKE-EYES: So destroy the Earth to make a Frankenstein statement?
COBRA COMMANDER: It's a form of 'jihadist suicide.'
SNAKE-EYES: War is hell.
COBRA COMMANDER: Terrorism is a 'quality' of politics disagreements.
SNAKE-EYES: In other words, to solidify the sanity of peace, you could experiment with the 'lust' for power.
COBRA COMMANDER: Doesn't America's 'superpower-empire' status make everyone (ironically) feel *safer*?
SNAKE-EYES: I suppose I should now mistrust American firemen...
COBRA COMMANDER: If you're not critical of the 'pedestrian landscape,' you can never *defend* Yosemite.

====

sn-cc.jpg

Forum List

Back