The Warmergate Scandal

Predictable...Gracie?

You don't know the word...I see two RATS in the TRAP

smiley_abzw.gif

Keep on keepin' on...

Would one of them happened to be named Ben and the other Mr. Jingles? :eusa_whistle:

You going to share some of that Christmas spirit with USMB there Thomas?

I'm just noticing that those that 'believe' that man is totally screwing up the environment are staying silent, at least for the most part. (Note, this isn't the only thread.)

The whole climategate broohaha is positively towards the anti-human caused.

There's a part of me, that wishes there was more 'there' there. Not meant to be.

I'm just noticing that those that 'believe' that man is totally screwing up the environment are staying silent, at least for the most part. (Note, this isn't the only thread.)

There's a part of me, that wishes there was more 'there' there. Not meant to be.

My mom, who is 80 told me that they used to be worried about a return of the Ice Age when she was growing up and sure enough that is a true statement. Climate change has always occured search the title "Fire and Ice," documents the last 100 years of climate change and what people thought at the time. I posted it the other day on this thread.

Just ask a senior, they know more than any of us will. They remember and they are a wealth of knowledge.

and the Russians keep chiming in:

Climategate goes SERIAL: now the Russians confirm that UK climate scientists manipulated data to exaggerate global warming – Telegraph Blogs

Climategate goes SERIAL: now the Russians confirm that UK climate scientists manipulated data to exaggerate global warming

By James Delingpole Politics Last updated: December 16th, 2009

Climategate just got much, much bigger. And all thanks to the Russians who, with perfect timing, dropped this bombshell just as the world’s leaders are gathering in Copenhagen to discuss ways of carbon-taxing us all back to the dark ages.
Feast your eyes on this news release from Rionovosta, via the Ria Novosti agency, posted on Icecap. (Hat Tip: Richard North)...

...What the Russians are suggesting here, in other words, is that the entire global temperature record used by the IPCC to inform world government policy is a crock.
As Richard North says: This is serial.

UPDATE: As Steve McIntyre reports at ClimateAudit, it has long been suspected that the CRU had been playing especially fast and loose with Russian – more particularly Siberian – temperature records. Here from March 2004, is an email from Phil Jones to Michael Mann.
Recently rejected two papers (one for JGR and for GRL) from people saying CRU has it wrong over Siberia. Went to town in both reviews, hopefully successfully. If either appears I will be very surprised, but you never know with GRL.
Cheers
Phil​
And here at Watts Up With That is a guest post by Jeff Id of the Air Vent
And here is what one of the commenters has to say about the way the data has been cherry-picked and skewed for political ends:
The crux of the argument is that the CRU cherry picked data following the same methods that have been done everywhere else. They ignored data covering 40% of Russia and chose data that showed a warming trend over statistically preferable alternatives when available. They ignored completeness of data, preferred urban data, strongly preferred data from stations that relocated, ignored length of data set.
One the final page, there is a chart that shows that CRU’s selective use of 25% of the data created 0.64C more warming than simply using all of the raw data would have done. The complete set of data show 1.4C rise since 1860, the CRU set shows 2.06C rise over the same period.​

A few of the usual suspects have shifted into shrill denial overdrive.

If they only knew how amusing their feeble assaults are. :lol:

Methinks the Russians want us to forget about that missile over Norway

Predictable...Gracie?

You don't know the word...I see two RATS in the TRAP

smiley_abzw.gif

Keep on keepin' on...

Hey T, ever consider saying anything even slightly intelligent? But then, what can one expect from a Bush butt buddy.:lol:

I could teach a parrot to say things smarter than you Old Rocks. At the appropriate time too. You just babble at random intervals.

[SIZE=+1]The storm of stupidity[/SIZE]
Climate change deniers fight against science
by Gene Lyons
Link
Excerpt:
So what's next? A series of essays by Sarah Palin about the Large Hadron Collider and the mysteries of dark matter? An MIT lecture series by Rush Limbaugh regarding the thermodynamics of black holes? A Festschrift of Sean Hannity's scholarly articles on plate tectonics and volcano formation? Glenn Beck performing live heart-lung transplants on Fox News? Everybody understands that these things couldn't happen. That when it comes to serious scientific endeavor, years of study and professional apprenticeship are required. In a word, expertise. Ex-beauty contestants, drive-time DJs, TV sports announcers, hairstylists, newspaper columnists -- basically anybody whose math skills topped out in the 10th grade -- rarely have anything substantive to add to the sum of technical and scientific knowledge. That's what they most resent about it. It's not impossible that such persons could educate themselves sufficiently to have an informed opinion, but it's rare.

inhofe-truth-squad.jpg

"You’re ridiculous."
-- A reporter from Der Spiegel, to Jim Inhofe (R-Pissquik) after Inhofe
accused the UN and the Hollywood elite of creating a global warming hoax, Link

This thread is highly entertaining.

We got the liars on the far left telling us the world is going to end
We got the liars on the far right saying there is no problem its all a scam

Then we got the sane people who say "if the scientists are telling us CO2 leads to a warmer climate, yet CO2 levels have risen steadily over the last 10 years while temps remained flat, is that science still solid?"

Flame away you lying moonbats on both sides, the normal and smart people see you for who you are.

"You’re ridiculous."
-- A reporter from Der Spiegel, to Jim Inhofe (R-Pissquik) after Inhofe
accused the UN and the Hollywood elite of creating a global warming hoax, Link

Spoken like a true imbecile. Don't question, just as long as fascism succeeds.

Forum List

Back