The Washington comPost is PISSED that Daniel Defense DARED have a controversial marketing strategy

Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2017
But Daniel Defense — the maker of the semiautomatic rifle used in the Uvalde school shooting — privately had in place a plan to generate publicity whether the ad aired or not, according to previously unreported court documents that shed light on the gunmaker’s marketing strategies.

(think: DD rifles are mass murderers). :auiqs.jpg:

The CEOs of Daniel Defense, Smith & Wesson and Sturm, Ruger & Co. have been called to testify before the House Oversight Committee on Wednesday, part of the panel’s investigation into the sales and marketing of AR-style semiautomatic rifles.

And congress is preparing to regulate speech. The founders would be mad with shock.

But Daniel Defense — the maker of the semiautomatic rifle used in the Uvalde school shooting — privately had in place a plan to generate publicity whether the ad aired or not, according to previously unreported court documents that shed light on the gunmaker’s marketing strategies.

(think: DD rifles are mass murderers). :auiqs.jpg:

The CEOs of Daniel Defense, Smith & Wesson and Sturm, Ruger & Co. have been called to testify before the House Oversight Committee on Wednesday, part of the panel’s investigation into the sales and marketing of AR-style semiautomatic rifles.

And congress is preparing to regulate speech. The founders would be mad with shock.

Those damn AR platform rifles sneaking around on little black legs, shooting everyone in the back. Just imagine it: they sneak into your garage at night, hijack your drill press and reproduce like rabbits, milling out their own 80% lower offspring who then go out into the predawn air and stalk down their own targets. We must BAN bipods and tripods—I mean—those little metal legs ARs get around on.

They don't have anything to worry about. I'm surprised that they would be willing to buy advertising space during the Super Bowl, due to the prices.

Sales and marketing are part and parcel to all manufacturers. Telling one mfg. that they can't advertise, will never hold up in court.

They don't have anything to worry about. I'm surprised that they would be willing to buy advertising space during the Super Bowl, due to the prices.

Sales and marketing are part and parcel to all manufacturers. Telling one mfg. that they can't advertise, will never hold up in court.
They don't need to advertise in the Super Bowl. Every part or gun they produce is being sold as quickly as it's made.

By the way, for decades it was illegal for distilled spirits producers to advertise on television. Sex toys were OK to advertise but not hard liquor. So, even though the restriction is unconstitutional, it has been done.

By the way, for decades it was illegal for distilled spirits producers to advertise on television. Sex toys were OK to advertise but not hard liquor. So, even though the restriction is unconstitutional, it has been done.
That's why precedent and tradition is so unreliable.

Just because the government has been behaving unconstitutionally does not mean it is right.

That's why precedent and tradition is so unreliable.

Just because the government has been behaving unconstitutionally does not mean it is right.
And that's why people who say the courts decide constitutionality and random people on the Internet do not, are so completely stupid.

The courts provide their own opinions, they often provide documentation that we can read that they claim supports their opinions, so they become a great store of knowledge for us to use as we formulate our own opinions (or in my case, as I prove the facts) of what is constitutional. But anyone who thinks that they, themselves, are not the one who decides constitutionality is a sheep.

Because the government can use the force of its army and guns to get compliance with a law does not make it constitutional.

Forum List

Back