The word "period"

Redfish

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2013
The Big Easy
What exactly does it mean when obama said " if you like your health plan, you can keep it, period" "if you like your doctor, you can keep him, period"

no "ifs", no conditions, no "if it isn't changed"

You can keep it, PERIOD!

Was that a lie? Yes, and he knew it was when he said it. He lied to the american people in order to pass a bill that a majority of americans did not want.

Grounds for impeachment????????

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
What exactly does it mean when obama said " if you like your health plan, you can keep it, period" "if you like your doctor, you can keep him, period"

TK aptly illustrates the answer to that in this post:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/8104809-post673.html

yeah, I know this has already been covered, but I am looking for one dem/lib who is honest enough to admit that obama lied. probably like looking for rubies in my garden.

Sarah came close. She said, "he shouldn't have said it." Does that count that "he lies like a rug?"

yeah, I know this has already been covered, but I am looking for one dem/lib who is honest enough to admit that obama lied. probably like looking for rubies in my garden.

Sarah came close. She said, "he shouldn't have said it." Does that count that "he lies like a rug?"

Nixon was run out of office and clinton was impeached for much less.

I wasn't admonishing you..lol....just pointing out the perfect explanation to your question. Keep up the great work. :thup:

I wasn't admonishing you..lol....just pointing out the perfect explanation to your question. Keep up the great work. :thup:

I took it as you intended it----you keep up the good work too

You can keep it, PERIOD!

Was that a lie? Yes, and he knew it was when he said it. He lied to the american people in order to pass a bill that a majority of americans did not want.

Let's set the framework for this debate. Were Bush's lies that got us into Iraq impeachable offenses?

The answer is very simple........

Obama was reading the teleprompter as he gave the speech.

At the end of the sentence instead of putting a "dot" for a punctuation mark.

The teleprompter mistakenly spelled out the word 'period' and Obama read it as though it was part of the sentence.

True story......... :eusa_angel:

:rofl: It IS a strong possibility, doofus did that...:rofl:

It's easier to find Barack Obama at a Tea Party rally.

I'll admit that Obama lied if you will admit that George H.W. Bush lied when he said "read my lips."

The answer, of course, is that neither of them lied. What they both said seemed like a good idea at the time - it just didn't work out. That's not a lie. It might be mega piece of misjudgment, but it is not a lie.

in order to prove that either of them lied, you would have to be able to show knowledge on their part that it would not work out the way they were talking and an intent to decieve.

You can keep it, PERIOD!

Let's set the framework for this debate. Were Bush's lies that got us into Iraq impeachable offenses?

Define "lies".

BTW..........

Is fraud an impeachable offense?

You can keep it, PERIOD!

So let's see if I understand how this works...Barry tells the American people something that he KNOWS is never going to happen and you want to set the "framework" by discussing W. and Iraq? I take it that's an admission by you that there IS no defense for the lies that Obama told for the past five years? That your only refuge has become that others have lied as well so therefore Obama's lies, lies that will affect 1/6 of our total economy and the health care of millions of Americans, aren't a big deal?

You can keep it, PERIOD!

No more than the commiecrats that agreed with him, now get back on point and stop with the deflection, there is no comparrison to the lies your dear leader told in the last 70 years of US politics.

The thread's OP sets the framework for the debate not you Poindexter. . :cuckoo:

No. The OP is asking whether or not it is an impeachable offense if a President is not entirely truthful to the American people while trying to advance his agenda.

We know that GW Bush lied about Iraq, and the consequences of those lies we also know to have been far more grievous than anything that can possibly happen regarding the ACA and people having to change policies.

So, it is most reasonable to compare a much worse case of a President lying to the current 'case',

for the sake of deciding what exactly constitutes an impeachable offense.

You can keep it, PERIOD!

No more than the commiecrats that agreed with him, now get back on point and stop with the deflection, there is no comparrison to the lies your dear leader told in the last 70 years of US politics.

You see when you talk like that you just become one more joke to normal America.

Ronald Reagan promised to balance the budget. He got elected in part on that promise.

It was a lie. When should he have been impeached?

I'll admit that Obama lied if you will admit that George H.W. Bush lied when he said "read my lips."

The answer, of course, is that neither of them lied. What they both said seemed like a good idea at the time - it just didn't work out. That's not a lie. It might be mega piece of misjudgment, but it is not a lie.

in order to prove that either of them lied, you would have to be able to show knowledge on their part that it would not work out the way they were talking and an intent to decieve.

Here's your problem, Georgie...

Either Barack Obama DID know that ObamaCare would not work out the way he was talking and told a bald faced lie to the American people repeatedly over a FIVE YEAR period...

Or...

He DIDN'T know that ObamaCare would not work out the way he was talking and misjudged the situation about as badly as one possibly could...

So your choice of poisons is either Barry is a serial liar...or he's incompetent...

Forum List

Back