The World Ignored Hitler's Threats, Too

Originally posted by CSM:
I can agree with that. However, we cannot afford to ignore Hamas and what it stands for; we cannot afford to marginalize their ideology.

I understand there are differences between the circumstance and events. The point I am trying to make is that Islam, Hamas, Al Qaeda and any number of Muslim terrorist groups have publicly stated their agenda and goals. I for one believe they mean what they say. I have no doubt that much of the Muslim/Islamic terrorism is indeed state sponsored...Iran, Syria and even pakistan are all suspect.

I agree that they have publicly stated their goals, and those do not sound well. I also believe that there are many radical Muslims in the world, and they are gaining a foothold within the Muslim masses.

Yet there are 1,5 billion or so Muslims in the world - which means that by far most of them would rather not get involved in this brewing war, and remain moderate in their belief and live their regular lives.

I think much of what the radical groups do is state sponsored; Hezbollah has long been known to be a political tool of Iran. Yet Saddam had long been a political tool of America, and most hijackers that perpetrayed 9/11 were from Saudi Arabia - ruled by the house of Saud, good friends of your government.

The hypocrisy on both sides is just staggering - and in my opinion, leads to ever more radicalizing groups on both sides. Look at Iran: this Achmedinijad is a radical rightwing Islamist. In America, there is a radical right wing administration. Both make continuous deaththreats all over the place, and they steer towards war.

And they drag everyone along with them.
Even France has now radicalized it's stance on the issue.
Muslims all over the world are suddenly enraged over cartoons that have been published last september - half a year ago. Whats up with that?

In my opinion, it's the downward spiral of aggression.

You hit me, I punch you in the face.
You kick the shit out of me, I kick the shit out of you.
You get some friends together and gang up to me, I get in the hospital.
As you get home, you find your house burning.
.....and so on.

Harmageddon said:
I agree that they have publicly stated their goals, and those do not sound well. I also believe that there are many radical Muslims in the world, and they are gaining a foothold within the Muslim masses.

Yet there are 1,5 billion or so Muslims in the world - which means that by far most of them would rather not get involved in this brewing war, and remain moderate in their belief and live their regular lives.

I think much of what the radical groups do is state sponsored; Hezbollah has long been known to be a political tool of Iran. Yet Saddam had long been a political tool of America, and most hijackers that perpetrayed 9/11 were from Saudi Arabia - ruled by the house of Saud, good friends of your government.

The hypocrisy on both sides is just staggering - and in my opinion, leads to ever more radicalizing groups on both sides. Look at Iran: this Achmedinijad is a radical rightwing Islamist. In America, there is a radical right wing administration. Both make continuous deaththreats all over the place, and they steer towards war.

Muslims all over the world are suddenly enraged over cartoons that have been published last september - half a year ago. Whats up with that?

.....and so on.

And which side is actively creating a culture with no future except religious martyrdom and violence. Be honest.

Harmageddon said:

.....and so on.

That is one way of looking at it. Using that as a premise...who stops first. I suspect neither side trusts the other enough to just stop...I know I do not trust the terrorists to do anything except what they are doing thus I will not give them a free shot. The US has done that too many times already and paid for it that last time with 3000 lives and two very large buildings....not to mention a few airplanes.

Harmageddon said:

.....and so on.

I'm open for any suggestion that doesn't involve turning our backs on those who openly advocate death. Got any?

Forum List

Back