🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The worst movies you have ever paid to see.

I'd say Matrix 2.

I've tried to watch it 6x and fell asleep every time.

I "paid to see" it @ Blockbuster.
Really MM? Six times? That really sucks. But did the first Matrix really just mess with your mind? Really good flick.

The 1st was good. I can't tell you about the 2nd, I've seen 20 mins in at the most, then I just can't stand it anymore, apparently

"Wild at heart", after 20 minutes, I demanded a raincheck . At a local art house cinema...It was so violent and stupid...And guess what? David Lynch directed that train wreck. I gave him WAY too much credit. Well, fool me once, shame on me...

what are the worst movies you have ever seen and wished you’d not spent the money.

Mine, in no particular order:

A Star is Born, with Barbara Streisand

Star Wars Episode VII

Chariots of Fire

The World According to Garp

I bought one of Walmarts 4-films in a $5 pack. The other films were not bad, but it also had Lucy.

That was the absolute stupidest movie I've seen in years.

Of course I don't pretend my taste in movies fits the rest of the world.

I hated, as in absolutely hated, Kill Bill. Or any of the Tarantino films.

Kill Bill was so dumb.

Really? A doctor pimping out women in comas? And no one notices? None ever get pregnant?

The girl kills a doctor in a hospital, and no one notices?

The girl takes a neon painted truck, stolen from the doctor she murdered, that has "Pussywagon" in neon on the back, and drives across country.... and no police officer ever stops the neon colored truck from a murdered doctor?

She then fights a trained assassin after being in a coma for ages, and wins?
The assassin has a gun hidden in a box of corn flakes, she had her daughter eating from?

The list of non-stop stupid in that film, was from start to finish, and people praised it as being great American Cinema? No wonder left-winger can get elected, when at least a significant portion of the voters are this stupid.

If you liked that movie...... I am actually sorry if you are insulted by that... but that was such a dumb film.
(rant session end)

LOL! You were doing so well until you threw in "left-winger" there. All good. You are right, I agree the movie was over the top "dumb." But it was supposed to be. Did you at least laugh when you saw U get into the Pussy Wagon?

No it was ridiculous. I have a hard time suspending disbelief. Even if I accepted the idea.... have you been around doctors? I have. Getting through med-school is so hard, it is almost impossible to not be a dedicated nerdy intellectual, and make it.

Not one pocket-protector nerd with glasses, would be in a truck like that. Bonkers. The whole thing was just bonkers.

Ugh....

what are the worst movies you have ever seen and wished you’d not spent the money.

Star Wars Episode VII

Chariots of Fire

I bought one of Walmarts 4-films in a $5 pack. The other films were not bad, but it also had Lucy.

That was the absolute stupidest movie I've seen in years.

Of course I don't pretend my taste in movies fits the rest of the world.

I hated, as in absolutely hated, Kill Bill. Or any of the Tarantino films.

Kill Bill was so dumb.

Really? A doctor pimping out women in comas? And no one notices? None ever get pregnant?

The girl kills a doctor in a hospital, and no one notices?

The girl takes a neon painted truck, stolen from the doctor she murdered, that has "Pussywagon" in neon on the back, and drives across country.... and no police officer ever stops the neon colored truck from a murdered doctor?

She then fights a trained assassin after being in a coma for ages, and wins?
The assassin has a gun hidden in a box of corn flakes, she had her daughter eating from?

The list of non-stop stupid in that film, was from start to finish, and people praised it as being great American Cinema? No wonder left-winger can get elected, when at least a significant portion of the voters are this stupid.

If you liked that movie...... I am actually sorry if you are insulted by that... but that was such a dumb film.
(rant session end)

It was stupid, no doubt. I like movies that show ass kicking and am willing to tolerate quite a lot of stupid to see it. ESPECIALLY when hot chicks kick ass. I understand why you don't like it and I'm not judging. I wouldn't call it great American Cinema either, btw.

I respect that. I'm not into the whole 'hot chick kick ass' thing either.

I'm very much into women fighting for themselves when required, and putting the smack down when needed. But the whole little skinny chick destroying hordes of men..... yeah... no. sorry.

Reminds me of another terrible movie, ironically staring the same chick, Uma Thurman.

Did you ever make the mistake of seeing the UK movie "The Avengers"? 1998 I think.

I usually love brit humor, and was keen to see this movie. But it was terrible. It was the rough equivalent of a James Bond movie with a Bond girl, only James Bond is completely incompetent, and the bond (Uma) girl runs around defeating everyone. Absolutely, horrifically bad.

Not big at all on the whole skinny hot chick, that magically has Arnold powers to break people in half with her pinky. No. Just no.

The Cable Guy

Godzilla

The Last Airbender*

*This one really makes furious b/c the cartoon series is beyond brilliant.
You didn't like the Cable Guy? That's a classic! It's Jim Carrey's best movie.

I liked Liar Liar better. The Mask, and Ace Ventura.

Still thought the True Man Show, was one of my favorites.

Godzilla.... what a disappointment.

Never saw Airbender. Looked too stupid in the previews. I figured I'd wait until it was $2 on the used shelf.

"Out of Africa"

Another Academy award wining film the critics loved, and the public stayed away.

It rivals the "English Patient" for the longest and most boring film ever made. ..... :cool:

At this point, anything the critics like, is trash. What was the last ridiculous one? The fish-love story? The mute-woman has sex with a fish?

Seriously....

Now it's rare that any decent film, is given an award. It's always these no name 'hits' that no one has heard of, or cares about. Then they are shocked when ratings fall for the award shows.

Never saw Airbender. Looked too stupid in the previews. I figured I'd wait until it was $2 on the used shelf.
I don't think Airbender was the one Lou Gossett wore a football on his head. That one was Enemy Mine. Really dumb movie.

Which Godzilla? The new one? Or the older one? I liked the one with Hank Azaria. Especially the part where there in Godzilla's mouth and Hank starts yelling to the cab driver, "You're going the wrong way! You're going the wrong way, man!"

Or the part where you think its the end of the movie after they blow up Madison Square Garden; they're standing there in front of all those dead baby rex's; then Godzilla pops up through the concrete and looks down at all his dead baby's; then raises his head and sees the 4 of them standing there............ and they go, "He looks angry!"

I don't think Airbender was the one Lou Gossett wore a football on his head. That one was Enemy Mine. Really dumb movie.

Which Godzilla? The new one? Or the older one? I liked the one with Hank Azaria. Especially the part where there in Godzilla's mouth and Hank starts yelling to the cab driver, "You're going the wrong way! You're going the wrong way, man!"

Or the part where you think its the end of the movie after they blow up Madison Square Garden; they're standing there in front of all those dead baby rex's; then Godzilla pops up through the concrete and looks down at all his dead baby's; then raises his head and sees the 4 of them standing there............ and they go, "He looks angry!"

That's the one. Not a fan. So many ways that movie could have been better. Instead the heroic 'save the day' moment....... is a new york cab's headlights on bright.

Really.............? That was the climax? The cabby has high-beams..... we win.....?

So much potential. There was so much good in that movie, but no.... that was a fumble on 4th down.

That's the one. Not a fan. So many ways that movie could have been better. Instead the heroic 'save the day' moment....... is a new york cab's headlights on bright.

Really.............? That was the climax? The cabby has high-beams..... we win.....?

So much potential. There was so much good in that movie, but no.... that was a fumble on 4th down.
What if it was Pamela Anderson with high beams?

What if it was Pamela Anderson with high beams?

I highly doubt that a godzilla monster would care... but I suppose you could make that case.

Nah... didn't work for me. I also didn't care for the girl in that movie anyway. She came across as too whiny, and her acting was...... not bad... but average.

Broderick did a decent job. Like I said, tons of potential.

By the way.... Pamela Anderson isn't a thing anymore, anyway.... is she? I think this is the first time I've had someone bring her up, since when.... the 1990s? Maybe early 2000s?

I highly doubt that a godzilla monster would care... but I suppose you could make that case.

Nah... didn't work for me. I also didn't care for the girl in that movie anyway. She came across as too whiny, and her acting was...... not bad... but average.

Broderick did a decent job. Like I said, tons of potential.

By the way.... Pamela Anderson isn't a thing anymore, anyway.... is she? I think this is the first time I've had someone bring her up, since when.... the 1990s? Maybe early 2000s?
Okay, how 'bout JWOWW?

Star Wars Episode VII

Chariots of Fire

The Story of Us. I don't mind "chick flicks" many are enjoyable and can be great for a date but this movie made suicide seem like a viable option to make the movie end.
The Story of Us (1999) - IMDb

I haven't been to the movies for more than ten years....

I would not pay a cent for going to the movies today.

It's all shit.

I see old films or documentaries ....at home.

Hollywood is dead.

Forum List

Back