Therapists not police.

Police are well trained in de escalating situations.

When police come on a scene they have no idea the cause of someone's violent behavior. Drugs are a major cause psychosis. People under the influence of many drugs can black out, have immense strength, and be impervious to pain
What the actual fuck do you people have against police learning a bit more about mental illness and how to help those situations a bit better than they may or may not already? What the genuine hell is wrong with that? Or are you just jumping at shadows because someone said something slightly negative about your precious police.

I'm not anti-police and I said nothing about reforming them. Only giving my experience, what I know based on talking to actual fucking police officers and the mental health facility which tries to work with the police and keep positive relationships with them.

Profanity-Th.jpg
They're just words, mate. They ain't gonna hurt you. You didn't answer the question, either.

When police come on a scene they have no idea the cause of someone's violent behavior. Drugs are a major cause psychosis. People under the influence of many drugs can black out, have immense strength, and be impervious to pain
What I said is that someone who is in a mental health crisis and calls 911 or has 911 called on them can request specifically a crisis intervention officer.

NO ONE is talking about someone who called 911 asking for help because they are having a mental break, they are confused, don't know where they are, and need to talk with someone.

What happens is a call comes in to 911 from a neighbor who hears people screaming next door. Or a spouse calls and tells 911 telling them that their spouse is throwing things, has hit them, or someone else in the house. How does the 911 operator or the police arriving on the scene knowing if that violent person is having a mental or drug/alcohol issue?

If someone is being violent, combative, and dangerous, does it matter at that moment if it is a mental or drug problem?

Police make millions of contacts with the public each and every day. A tiny, minuscule percent of those go sideways. Yes, that is tragic but what you and others are doing has caused an explosion of violent crime, shootings, and homicide.

How is that working?

1300 calls and not a single need for a police back up. Yes, they are low level calls. A call like that got Elijah McClain killed. Someone simply minding his own business walking home from the store but since he had some mental health issues the cops didn't understand his reluctance to want to stop and chat and cede his civil rights to them so they killed him.

That's tragic. But "stuff happens". Out of tens of millions of contacts, one went sideways. Does that merit-making systemic changes in police departments? Of course not.

1300 calls and not a single need for a police back up. Yes, they are low level calls. A call like that got Elijah McClain killed. Someone simply minding his own business walking home from the store but since he had some mental health issues the cops didn't understand his reluctance to want to stop and chat and cede his civil rights to them so they killed him.

That's tragic. But "stuff happens". Out of tens of millions of contacts, one went sideways. Does that merit-making systemic changes in police departments? Of course not.

No, one case does not but it's not just one case that has caused this to come about.

What I said is that someone who is in a mental health crisis and calls 911 or has 911 called on them can request specifically a crisis intervention officer.

NO ONE is talking about someone who called 911 asking for help because they are having a mental break, they are confused, don't know where they are, and need to talk with someone.

What happens is a call comes in to 911 from a neighbor who hears people screaming next door. Or a spouse calls and tells 911 telling them that their spouse is throwing things, has hit them, or someone else in the house. How does the 911 operator or the police arriving on the scene knowing if that violent person is having a mental or drug/alcohol issue?

If someone is being violent, combative, and dangerous, does it matter at that moment if it is a mental or drug problem?

Police make millions of contacts with the public each and every day. A tiny, minuscule percent of those go sideways. Yes, that is tragic but what you and others are doing has caused an explosion of violent crime, shootings, and homicide.

How is that working?
Actually, what you describe is exactly what I'm talking about. I know people who have severe anger issues that they are on meds for and have been to jail for, and yes even in their case they can and have requested a crisis intervention officer.
They will typically be sent to the psyche ward rather than to jail if they have a mental health diagnosis and the incident is because of it, as well.

Last edited:
Yes, that is tragic but what you and others are doing has caused an explosion of violent crime, shootings, and homicide.
And there you go assuming things about what I think and do again. I have said NOTHING about police reform, hating the police, etc. I have only said that crisis intervention officers are already a thing, have BEEN a thing long since before "defund the police" was trendy, and are something we need more of. That's quite the opposite of wanting to abolish, defund, or disarm the police, isn't it? Think man, think.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back