There is No Future Battle of Armageddon:

Not just Amos.

Bible Verses about Israel as Harlot
Bible Verses about Israel as Harlot. Therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities." For she is not My wife, nor am I her Husband! And slay her with thirst. For they are the children of harlotry. She who conceived them has behaved shamefully. My oil and my drink.'.

What the Bible says about Israel as Prostitute
Jeremiah 3:1-5 Jeremiah wrote this over 400 years after Israel's rejection of God as King and about 840 years after making the covenant at Mount Sinai. Even though by the time of this writing God had divorced the Great Harlot Israel, He still continued to have a fractious relationship with her in order to continue the outworking of His purpose and to fulfill His promises to Abraham, including ...

31 Bible verses about Harlots
Verse Concepts. whores Tattoos Being Ok Rights Sexual Sin, Nature Of daughters. Sexuality Love, In Relationships Provoking Prostitution Harlots. ‘ Do not profane your daughter by making her a harlot, so that the land will not fall to harlotry and the land become full of lewdness. Genesis 34:31.
it was a reaction to the religions of the canaanites that involved
wild fertility rites. They still find EXPLICIT little sexy dolls made of
clay buried in the rocks and dust. The egyptians had some weird
rites------every year the PHAROAH was supposed to wave his prick
over the NILE to ensure fertility of the land. -----then came the
greek freaks. The heroine RAHAB was supposed to have been
a prostitute-------leading to the tale that she underwent conversion
-----like Elizabeth Taylor

it was a reaction to the religions of the canaanites that involved
wild fertility rites. They still find EXPLICIT little sexy dolls made of
clay buried in the rocks and dust. The egyptians had some weird
rites------every year the PHAROAH was supposed to wave his prick
over the NILE to ensure fertility of the land. -----then came the
greek freaks. The heroine RAHAB was supposed to have been
a prostitute-------leading to the tale that she underwent conversion
-----like Elizabeth Taylor

Sorry. You might look it up.. It is a constant theme throughout the OT..with the Patriarchs and prophets scolding the Jews.

Sorry. You might look it up.. It is a constant theme throughout the OT..with the Patriarchs and prophets scolding the Jews.
I read the book and am aware of the Style----my all time
fave is JEREMIAH ----no bullfrog, he. Jeremiah invented
FIRE AND BRIMSTONE. The CALVINISTS have nothing on
Jeremiah the bullfrog. Samuel bullfroged now and then.
When I was in college, the dorm was near a Southern Baptist
Church----I used to stand near the door on Sunday just to hear
the FIRE AND BRIMSTONE sermons

Of course, but Rome was not the whore of Babylon. Rome had no contact with Babylon..

Some protestant churches don't require their clergy to be educated so you get this screwy, irrational eschatology.
Is calling it a whore DESCRIBED as as/by Babylonia a better option ?

I didn't call Israel a whore. Her patriarchs did because she went whoring after false gods.
not exactly-----the "whore" accusers used "whore" as a generic
ANTHING BAD-----like engaging in Hellenistic culture unrelated to
its "gods" or failing to be adherent ABSOLUTELY to torah law.

Well, unlike you I have gone to church, Sunday school and bible study my whole life.. I also read ancient history, archeology and geology.

Whatever you've "studied" has failed you. By your own words you've revealed that. The moment you said that you don't believe in Jesus or Satan the way the Churches you showed yourself as a heretic.

Whatever you've "studied" has failed you. By your own words you've revealed that. The moment you said that you don't believe in Jesus or Satan the way the Churches you showed yourself as a heretic.

I NEVER said I don't believe in Jesus.

Except where Christians went back into the OT and changed the meaning of scripture like in Isaiah, Hosea and Jeremiah. Sure makes a mess.

Good lord. So we agree, He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, was crucified and died for our sins, was raised on the third day, witnessed by hundreds of people, and now sits at the right hand of the Father. That's a good start.

Forum List

Back