🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

There is nothing the Right will not lie about, even the Pope's visit, to attack Obama!

edthecynic

Censored for Cynicism
Oct 20, 2008
September 22, 2015

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: The pope, Pope Francis, took off from Cuba within the last, what was it, half hour. He departed Santiago de Cuba, out there on the eastern side of the island, and he's arriving at Joint Base Andrews. Back in the old days it used to be called Andrews Air Force Base, but now it's Joint Base Andrews 'cause a lot of joint stuff going on there, not just an Air Force base now. And what's really remarkable is that Obama and Moochelle are going to be there to greet the pope as he descends the stairs.

You know, Reagan didn't even go to Joint Base Andrews to meet Gorbachev. It just isn't done. It is very, very rare that a sitting president heads out to a concrete tarmac to greet an arriving anybody. I think he might have done it for Bill Ayers once over at Reagan National. I'm just kidding. I gotta be careful, some dingbats actually think I meant it. I mean, if it happened, I wouldn't be surprised. But I mean Obama can barely contain himself here.

We had the news yesterday. Here comes a guy he's gonna be able to hide behind in order to advance his agenda that nobody voted for, and he's gonna be hiding behind Pope Francis in order to get this done. So he and Moochelle are driving out there, and they're gonna greet the pope as he gets off. In 1986 when Gorbachev came over to save America from Ronald Reagan, if you remember, fifth year of Reagan's term and everybody is still worried he's gonna hit the nuclear button. The arrival of Gorbachev was so exciting for the people in Washington, State Department even, and the media.

But Reagan didn't go out there to greet Gorbachev.

Pope Benedict XVI with President Bush at Andrews Air Force Base

Pope Benedict XVI is greeted by President Bush at Andrews Air Force Base

586x330

Pope Benedict XVI is greeted by President Bush at Andrews Air Force Base outside Washington at the start of his six-day visit. It was his first papal visit to the U.S.
Carolyn Cole / Los Angeles Times

THE PAPAL VISIT; PONTIFF EMBRACES WELCOME IN MIAMI; DEFLECTS QUERIES

THE PAPAL VISIT; PONTIFF EMBRACES WELCOME IN MIAMI; DEFLECTS QUERIES

By ROBERTO SURO, Special to the New York Times

Published: September 11, 1987

MIAMI, Sept. 10— Pope John Paul II arrived here today at the start of a 10-day tour of the United States, receiving both an enthusiastic welcome from crowds that included President and Mrs. Reagan and a taste of the questioning over Church teachings that he is expected to encounter throughout his visit.

''I come as a pilgrim, a pilgrim in the cause of justice and peace and human solidarity, striving to build up the one human family,'' John Paul said, reading his brief remarks in English in a slow but steady voice as he stood with the President on a small blue stage under a canopy set up on the tarmac at Miami International Airport.

The Air Italia 727 jetliner carrying the Pope arrived from Rome at 2 P.M. on schedule, the green and white jumbo jet taxiing to a halt in a corner of the airport where Mr. Reagan was waiting for his arrival aboard Air Force One. The President and Mrs. Reagan then rode in a limousine to greet the Pope as he stepped from his plane to begin his second tour of the United States.

I thought we weren't allowed to talk about Bush! :eusa_eh: BTW, did you notice he was bowing? I know Jeb's a Catholic. Was that Dubya peeking out of the closet?

I thought we weren't allowed to talk about Bush! :eusa_eh: BTW, did you notice he was bowing? I know Jeb's a Catholic. Was that Dubya peeking out of the closet?
Well, if I was a RWr, I wouldn't want to talk about Bush.

It is always OK if a Republican does it, doesn't matter if it is bowing or meeting a Pope as he exits a plane, and always wrong if a black man does it! And don't say it is not because he is black and is because he is a Democrat, when Clinton met the Pope at the airport there was no complaint from the Right.

4pope4a-2-web.jpg

RICHARD DREW/AP
Pope John Paul II gestures to the crowd as he is greeted by President Bill Clinton and his wife Hillary during their arrival at Newark International Airport in Oct. 4, 1995.

All the Republicans would be there to meet Putin at the airport

They would even carry his bags

It is always OK if a Republican does it, doesn't matter if it is bowing or meeting a Pope as he exits a plane, and always wrong if a black man does it! And don't say it is not because he is black and is because he is a Democrat, when Clinton met the Pope at the airport there was no complaint from the Right.
I find that hard to believe. The right complained about everything the Clintons did. Also, I didn't complain about Bush. I merely asked if anyone noticed that he was bowing. Funny how you thought I wouldn't notice that piece of distraction, while you were whining about something else.

I find that hard to believe. The right complained about everything the Clintons did.
Well the Right DID use Clinton meeting the Pope at the airport to bring up Lewinski, but not not a single negative peep about his simply meeting the Pope at the airport, like Porky did with Obama.

Clinton, Pope Discuss World Politics During Brief Airport Meeting

ST. LOUIS — Always delighted to change the subject from Monica Lewinsky, a beaming President Clinton flew here Tuesday to discuss world politics with Pope John Paul II, including the touchy subject of U.S. missile attacks on Iraq.

The two met privately for 20 minutes in an Air National Guard hangar at Lambert-St. Louis International Airport. It was the fourth time they've met.

wow what a crybaby left-wing sissy!!

nobody is preventing you from clinging to obama's nutsack fool!

leftard;
obama is carrying putin's bags for him on syria

idiots and hypocrites

Well, if I was a RWr, I wouldn't want to talk about Bush.

you losers talk about Bush because you cant defend obama on his own merits or lack of them

who are you kidding, besides yourself???

Obama is clearly the worst POTUS we have ever had. That cannot be rationally denied. So if the truth is stretched a tad, it's still very much deserved.

Obama is clearly the worst POTUS we have ever had. That cannot be rationally denied. So if the truth is stretched a tad, it's still very much deserved.
A tad?!?! Now THAT'S stretching the truth.

lies for the greater good, eh?

and this is rush limbaugh. he's practically contractually obligated to lie

It's gotten to the point where most on the right don't even know what the truth is anymore.
You're correct about that. Heck, I liked my doctor and president Barry even told me - told everyone - we could keep our docs if we liked them, but it turned out to be a lie. And the very same thing happened with my healthcare plan. He lied again, telling me I could keep it too. It's very disconcerting his fluffers don't see through him.

Whatever Obama does, it's wrong. That's how it works with people who only care about the letter next to the name and not the actual substance of what is being discussed.

The key is to get their opinion before said event. Problem is they need to wait for Fox News to tell them what to think before they can state their opinion.

He's not bowing....he's bending over slightly.
Your head has to be looking down for it to be a bow.
view;_ylt=AwrB8pPi1wJWeDgAzsw.nIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTIyY2FhNDFoBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZAM0YzFkOTRhMjMxMjViZDhmOGRiNDAzMWEyMGVkM2RlNQRncG9zAzMEaXQDYmluZw--

Forum List

Back