There should be no moderators, podiums or water...

Or Hitlery scissoring Huma...
Time limits on answers. < See how easy that was?

If your answer and question was for daws I am afraid it went over his head. (dumb it down)

Agreed however. No moderator would be far more interesting and fair --- which is why the democrats will not agree to it.

The Debate Wasn't a Debate

It would be marvelous if the “debates” would actually work like they're supposed to. Read this explanation:

The American Debate Association describes how a debate is supposed to work. The debate focuses on a statement, such as “The United States needs a new tax system to create jobs.”

For example, Donald Trump gets first crack in the affirmative, followed by Hillary Clinton in the negative. Each has nine minutes to discuss the question rather than the two-minute soundbites of last night’s debate. Then each one gets to question the other. Then the two debaters get to rebut the other’s argument.

The argument is between the two parties rather than through a moderator. In fact, in an actual debate, there is no moderator. The judges are supposed to stay out of the way.

Did any of you see anything like that? I sure didn't. We saw a “moderator” who did his best to lead the “debate” in the direction he wanted. Take your time to read this piece and I think anyone with common sense would agree.

Piece @ Debating the Debate

Forum List

Back