There's onlyone place smart guns belong (other than the garbage)

See, you're lying! Reading is fundamental, I suggest doing it:

The State of New Jersey has already legislated that once smartgun technology is available, conventional firearms shall not be sold to civilians in the State.

Convince us that the right to sell guns is in the Constitution. I'm willing to listen, but I want your argument to be within that strict, literal interpretation thing that conservatives love to do when they're showing off their supposed constitutional expertise...

So....smart guns belong nowhere but a firing range.

And some say AR15's belong nowhere but a war zone.

Since when has the right wing become all about restricting access to certain types of guns? Wow.

Maybe they are afraid their smart gun will be smarter than the user?

Smart guns are a genius piece of innovation; The private sector TRULY showing what America is all about, innovation, answering a problem not through government intervention, but private sector invention.

One would think that the right wing would celebrate this new CHOICE of firearm.

The NRA and GOA are indeed trying to prevent sales of smart guns Nationwide, which is why they’re not available anywhere in the country:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exNbPTETBNE]NRA HATES this SMART GUN!!! - Chris Hayes - YouTube[/ame]

Rather than intimidating resellers and lying about the merits of the product, let people buy smart guns if they want them, or not and let the market determine the gun's fate.

As for the New Jersey law, that has nothing to do with allowing people to buy the gun if they want one, it’s a political issue for the people of New Jersey to address.

Throwing these guns in the dumspter will save lives

-Geaux

I think a lot of people are missing the point here. Most of the gun owners I know, including myself, have no issue with this type of firearm being available on the market. If you want to drop a ton of cash for a firearm that may or may not work when you want it to, go right ahead.

What people have a problem with is the Government telling us that we are REQUIRED to purchase/sell this type of firearm, if we want to purchase/sell new guns and that we must retroactively equip all of our existing firearms with this technology. As someone mentioned earlier, let the free market decide; since I for one have no fear that the market is going to select a more expensive, potentially less reliable firearm as the new mainstay of the gun owning community.

As a competition shooter you would never see me with one of these firearms. I cannot imagine ever seeing one at a firearms competition; definitely not a high level one. The chances of a malfunction are just way too high and when there is money/awards on the line shooters aren't going to want an unreliable gun in their holsters. I couldn't even see the sponsored shooters I know agreeing to shoot one of these things in competition.

Likewise, you would never see me with one of these guns for self-defense.

Smart guns are a genius piece of innovation; The private sector TRULY showing what America is all about, innovation, answering a problem not through government intervention, but private sector invention.

We who understand freedom have no issue with these types of weapons being sold, but rather that a state attempts to restrict the types of weapons that are sold in the first place. That is the argument here. If you want one of these, by all means go & buy one.

We who understand freedom have no issue with these types of weapons being sold, but rather that a state attempts to restrict the types of weapons that are sold in the first place. That is the argument here. If you want one of these, by all means go & buy one.

Eric Holder: Lets Track Gun Owners With 'Smart Gun' Bracelets

While the national debate about gun control has simmered, anti-gun activists are hard at work behind the scenes to come up with new ways to push their agenda.

The most recent attempt comes from Attorney General Eric Holder, who is suggesting gun owners be tracked with smart gun bracelets tied to handguns. Naturally, he's doing it under the guise of "gun safety" and "common sense reforms." More from the Free Beacon:

Attorney General Eric Holder said on Friday that gun tracking bracelets are something the Justice Department (DOJ) wants to “explore” as part of its gun control efforts.

When discussing gun violence prevention programs within the DOJ, Holder told a House appropriations subcommittee that his agency is looking into technological innovations.

The Justice Department has requested $382.1 million in increased spending for its fiscal year 2014 budget for “gun safety.”

Included in the proposal is $2 million for “Gun Safety Technology” grants, which would award prizes for technologies that are “proven to be reliable and effective.”

Eric Holder: Lets Track Gun Owners With 'Smart Gun' Bracelets - Katie Pavlich

I think a lot of people are missing the point here. Most of the gun owners I know, including myself, have no issue with this type of firearm being available on the market. If you want to drop a ton of cash for a firearm that may or may not work when you want it to, go right ahead.

What people have a problem with is the Government telling us that we are REQUIRED to purchase/sell this type of firearm, if we want to purchase/sell new guns and that we must retroactively equip all of our existing firearms with this technology. As someone mentioned earlier, let the free market decide; since I for one have no fear that the market is going to select a more expensive, potentially less reliable firearm as the new mainstay of the gun owning community.

As a competition shooter you would never see me with one of these firearms. I cannot imagine ever seeing one at a firearms competition; definitely not a high level one. The chances of a malfunction are just way too high and when there is money/awards on the line shooters aren't going to want an unreliable gun in their holsters. I couldn't even see the sponsored shooters I know agreeing to shoot one of these things in competition.

Likewise, you would never see me with one of these guns for self-defense.

Wonder how many criminals will retrofit their weapons to comply with this law...oh wait, never mind...

Wonder how many criminals will retrofit their weapons to comply with this law...oh wait, never mind...

As we both know, none of them would. Nor would they be actually charged with possession of an "illegal" gun if they were found with one. That's one of the dirty little secrets of the gun control world..... Many times these criminals are multople time offenders who already have been charged with firearms violations before, yet the DA's choose to plea bargain away the gun crimes with mandatory sentences to get these criminals to plead out to lesser charges.

As we both know, none of them would. Nor would they be actually charged with possession of an "illegal" gun if they were found with one. That's one of the dirty little secrets of the gun control world..... Many times these criminals are multople time offenders who already have been charged with firearms violations before, yet the DA's choose to plea bargain away the gun crimes with mandatory sentences to get these criminals to plead out to lesser charges.

Exactly, the government doesn't enforce current gun laws, or even fence laws, but lets add more laws to the books. :cuckoo:

-Geaux

Forum List

Back