Zone1 They Day I Told God to Go F*ck Himself!!!

Anathema

Crotchety Olde Man
Apr 30, 2014
The Olden Days
Good Morning folks. Happy 23rd Anniversary of the day I told God to go fuck himself.

Yep. August 22nd, 2002 at 12:58 pm Eastern Time. How can I be so certain of the exact time? It’s printed in my fathers death certificate.

Yep. On his 54th birthday, to add insult to injury. He would have been 77 years old today; but his God abandoned him and laughed as He watched us waste almost three years of hope, prayers and medical treatments as he literally wasted away from Cancer.

That was the final straw for me. After 27 years of my own left spent as the whipping boy, the court jester and running joke of that same God literally from the moment of my conception, I finally lost it. Whatever Faith I still had in the God my family had (and still largely does) worship I found myself so angry, so enraged my first thought was to burn down a church. I didn’t but I seriously thought about it.

After the funeral I went home and began a search for an answer. I still haven’t found one. I’ve found something that makes sense to me. A spirituality based on a Deity that doesn’t a fuck about us, indivusllyborvasca whole.

Good Morning folks. Happy 23rd Anniversary of the day I told God to go fuck himself.

Yep. August 22nd, 2002 at 12:58 pm Eastern Time. How can I be so certain of the exact time? It’s printed in my fathers death certificate.

Yep. On his 54th birthday, to add insult to injury. He would have been 77 years old today; but his God abandoned him and laughed as He watched us waste almost three years of hope, prayers and medical treatments as he literally wasted away from Cancer.

That was the final straw for me. After 27 years of my own left spent as the whipping boy, the court jester and running joke of that same God literally from the moment of my conception, I finally lost it. Whatever Faith I still had in the God my family had (and still largely does) worship I found myself so angry, so enraged my first thought was to burn down a church. I didn’t but I seriously thought about it.

After the funeral I went home and began a search for an answer. I still haven’t found one. I’ve found something that makes sense to me. A spirituality based on a Deity that doesn’t a fuck about us, indivusllyborvasca whole.
So you believe in God? Weird.

If I did, I'd be nice to him. I mean her. I mean they/them.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Being that I believe there is far more to existence that we do not know than we do know, it's good you are still searching.

wGood Morning folks. Happy 23rd Anniversary of the day I told God to go fuck himself.

People are born. They live. And they die. It’s that whole “mortality” thing.

Sorry you had to suffer the loss of your dad. But saying eff you to God as a reaction to the universal plight of all humans seems pretty lame.

I get the whole "gawd" thing but isn't it time to move on?
Not until I get an actual answer that makes sense to me. It’s a simple question. One word. Three letters. I’ve asked clergy and holy men/women from pretty much every organized and semi-organized religious and spiritual organization I can find and I still haven’t gotten Whst seems to me to be a meaningful answer to the question….

WHY?

Well, at least you still believe in Him.

God created the earth for the angels, a 'pleasure garden', a planet of abundant life. At the rebellion of the angels God turned the earth into a planet of death, which it will remain until "the restitution of all things" at Christ's return. Your father will be resurrected to life, and you will see him again. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Sorry you had to suffer the loss of your dad. But saying eff you to God as a reaction to the universal plight of all humans seems pretty lame.
I know I’m biased but we’re talking about the most faithful, decent, and giving person I’ve ever met. He lived those 54 years for everybody BUT himself. His family, his church/Gid, his community, his country, etc… Everybody but himself.

Then, at age 51, when his kids are now out of college, his dream home has been built, and he will finally be able to take a breath and start doing the things he and his wife (my mom) WANT to do, rather than the things he HAD TO do for everyone else, he gets skin cancer. Probably because of the amount of time he spent outside doing things for others over the years, including being exposed to Agent Orange in Vietnam.

A year and a half later it’s in remission enough that he can take my mother on a religious pilgrimage to an event in Germany and Austria during Lent. Then he comes home to find the cancer is now in his stomach and brain. 16 months later he’s on his death bed. I got to see him the Sunday before he passed. We talked for about 3 hours, saying things we should have said years earlier. The morning of the day he died, I stayed home from work, feeling nauseas. By the time I found out he was headed to Hospice I wasn’t able to make it to the hospital before he passed away. I sat in my family home wondering which church to burn down first.

Well, at least you still believe in Him.

God created the earth for the angels, a 'pleasure garden', a planet of abundant life. At the rebellion of the angels God turned the earth into a planet of death, which it will remain until "the restitution of all things" at Christ's return. Your father will be resurrected to life, and you will see him again. Hope this helps.
No I don’t. I gave up on my father’s God on that day. I have no interest in the Heaven my father believed in; nor would I want to be there.

Not until I get an actual answer that makes sense to me. It’s a simple question. One word. Three letters. I’ve asked clergy and holy men/women from pretty much every organized and semi-organized religious and spiritual organization I can find and I still haven’t gotten Whst seems to me to be a meaningful answer to the question….

WHY?
Cancer knows no God.....You get it and then die by it (depending on type and degree of severity) by and by.....It really is as simple as that.

Oh you can prolong things for a time, even go into remission, but the nasty ones usually come back and it kills you in the end.

Cancer knows no God.....You get it and then die by it (depending on type and degree of severity) by and by.....It really is as simple as that.

Oh you can prolong things for a time, even go into remission, but the nasty ones usually come back and it kills you in the end.
No one gets out alive, at least, we will have to wait to see if Bernie ever dies.

1724333537552.png

If this “God” so many people waste their time worshipping is so omniscient and omnipotent, it shouldn’t be thst way. Not for the good people anyway.

The author of the book “When Bad things Happen to Good People” (a former rabbi) posits that a three/fold equation is necessary to assume God should be helping good people. He suggests that would require 1. Good people worthy of being helped; 2. A God who is good and wants to help people; and 3. A God who is omnipotent and omniscient.

He believes that it’s the third point that doesn’t exist. I disagree. To be God, an entity must be both omniscient and omnipotent. Therefore I believe it’s number 2 that doesn’t exist… God isn’t good and has no interest in helping people. Which in my mind means the Christian God can’t exist.

my first thought was to burn down a church.
Have you considered why your first thought wasn't to burn down the hospital/medical clinic that couldn't cure that cancer? Or the sun. Or Agent Orange. Another consideration...what if that anger being directed at God is because you can't bear to be angry at someone else? God is a safe being to be angry with because he won't meddle with you being angry, he'll wait it out.

If this “God” so many people waste their time worshipping is so omniscient and omnipotent, it shouldn’t be thst way. Not for the good people anyway.

The author of the book “When Bad things Happen to Good People” (a former rabbi) posits that a three/fold equation is necessary to assume God should be helping good people. He suggests that would require 1. Good people worthy of being helped; 2. A God who is good and wants to help people; and 3. A God who is omnipotent and omniscient.

He believes that it’s the third point that doesn’t exist. I disagree. To be God, an entity must be both omniscient and omnipotent. Therefore I believe it’s number 2 that doesn’t exist… God isn’t good and has no interest in helping people. Which in my mind means the Christian God can’t exist.
I don't believe in fairy tales BUT I sort of like to hedge my bets.....I don't ask God for anything so hopefully he leaves me be.....It's worked thus far. ;)

Forum List

Back