Zone1 They Day I Told God to Go F*ck Himself!!!

True for me as well. As a child I prayed that I would be kidnapped by gypsies. There never were any gypsies. Does this mean there is no God? Evidently not. He has been beating the shit out of me for decades.

That's the really uncomfortable part. It doesn't matter whether you believe in God or not. Your life is going to trundle along anyway. Your father died too young and I can see this as an unspeakable tragedy. However, he was going to die whether you believe in God or not. In fact, in your entire life your rage against God never got you a thing. Not even a Sunday feel good.
People die. That’s a fact of life. My anger is largely at the wasted 27 years of my life and all 54 of his believing in a God who was supposedly loving and helpful and good when it’s obvious that if He does exist He doesn’t give a fuck about us. Either He doesn’t exist (which is what I now believe) or He’s a fucking asshole of the highest order while claiming to be loving and caring.

Yes they do. Far too often; and good things happen to bad people with even greater frequency. I’m not interested in worshipping a God who claims to be loving and caring but who does that.
That is part of why I enjoy reading the book of Pslams. David writes as he looks around him, "Why do the evil seem to prosper that want to take my life? WTH?" And he also writes about his victories and success in life. It is a diary of the good, the bad, and the ugly we all experience.

And as I look at the coming dark forces politically coming against us, I ask the same damn questions. Why do these people seem to prosper and advance with such corruption that seem on wanting to destroy me? Why does the world just seem to get worse and worse?

Shrug, some things never change.

I was angry with my father for not renouncing a God who had given him this disease and forced him to endure 3 years of misery and decline while my dad still maintained his faith.
Ohhhh your anger is at your father for not renouncing a God that was giving him a painful end. Your fury is that your Father wasn't accepting your control. You should ponder how accepting your demands would have made things better for your Dad. I can see how renouncing his fath as you wanted would make you feel better. How would it have made your Dad feel better?

After the funeral I went home and began a search for an answer. I still haven’t found one. I’ve found something that makes sense to me. A spirituality based on a Deity that doesn’t a fuck about us
I am sorry for your loss,. but the fact is that dying is just a natural part of life. Death is a blessing. If God really didn't give a fuck about "us" he would let y'all live on this fucked up planet forever.

It's sad that for many there really is no God; there is no God in hell. If you want to be where God cares then give enough of a fuck about yourself to ascend to a higher place of thought and being

Your relationship with your father didn't end because he died. Its only changed, for the better. Getting angry at God is really rather silly. Everyone dies a physical death but that doesn't mean that life is over. Life does not begin in the womb and doesn't end in the grave. Thats the truth.

There is no magic wand, no cure all pill to take. Cleanse your own mind. No one can do it for you.

If you told an imaginary trinity mangod to go fuck himself then thats a step in the right direction

God is only the God of the living.

Last edited:
Ohhhh your anger is at your father for not renouncing a God that was giving him a painful end. Your fury is that your Father wasn't accepting your control. You should ponder how accepting your demands would have made things better for your Dad. I can see how renouncing his fath as you wanted would make you feel better. How would it have made your Dad feel better?
I once heard a theologian say that those of faith have one question they must struggle with their whole life, and that is, why does evil exist and why are people allowed to suffer? It is a question you will never be able to completely answer. But he said, for the atheist it is even worse, because they have to answer why to everything else.

It reminds me of the two thieves on the cross next to Christ. All 3 were going to die as they suffered beyond what any of us could fathom. One thief on his left cursed him and said if you be the Son of God get us the (bleep) off the cross!!!!

But the other just asked, "Will you remember me when you get to your kingdom?"

It is interesting that how both reacted differently and is but a mystery as those two represent all of humanity.

No I don’t. I gave up on my father’s God on that day. I have no interest in the Heaven my father believed in; nor would I want to be there.
You are lamenting the loss of your father, not your father's loss of life. No one 'wakes up dead'. Your father is asleep until the resurrection.

Not until I get an actual answer that makes sense to me. It’s a simple question. One word. Three letters. I’ve asked clergy and holy men/women from pretty much every organized and semi-organized religious and spiritual organization I can find and I still haven’t gotten Whst seems to me to be a meaningful answer to the question….

WHY?
There is a book that might help you written by the same author of A Case For Christ Lee Stroble entitled A Case For Faith that deals with that subject directly. How bad things can happen to G-d's children. Also, read the Book of Job directly and in its entirety in Scripture. Job lost far more than anyone can fathom, including his own children, yet he never wavered in his faith in YHWH, the Sovereign G-d of Creation. And I can speak from personal experience on the subject as well as I lost my mom 11 years ago this October. You are harboring much bitterness right now and asking "Why?". Well, G-d never guarantees an answer to the "Why", but He does guarantee He would never, ever leave you...

...ever. Be the Prodigal Son and come back home.

Im furious at both my father and his God. His God for not doing anything and my father for continuing to be a fucking punching bag for his God. Thsts why I got out. I wasn’t going to be a punching bag anymore.

You are lamenting the loss of your father, not your father's loss of life. No one 'wakes up dead'. Your father is asleep until the resurrection.
He sure felt that way, as do most of my family. I disagree on what happens at the moment of death. This isntvthrcplacecitvtimrcto discuss that, but I do feel that he’s somewhere much better now.

There is a book that might help you written by the same author of A Case For Christ Lee Stroble entitled A Case For Faith that deals with that subject directly. How bad things can happen to G-d's children. Also, read the Book of Job directly and in its entirety in Scripture. Job lost far more than anyone can fathom, including his own children, yet he never wavered in his faith in YHWH, the Sovereign G-d of Creation. And I can speak from personal experience on the subject as well as I lost my mom 11 years ago this October. You are harboring much bitterness right now and asking "Why?". Well, G-d never guarantees an answer to the "Why", but He does guarantee He would never, ever leave you...

...ever. Be the Prodigal Son and come back home.
I’m very familiar with Job. I’ll consider looking at the book, but after talking to as many theologians as I have, I’m not sure there’s a case I haven’t heard already. I don’t do work, physical, spiritual, emotional, etc…without a guarantee of getting paid when the work is done. Never have and never will.

Not just that, but it’s on the list. Yes, my father was true to his faith to the end. Always. Not a single complaint. That’s part of why I was so angry with my father at the end too. I’ve gotten over that anger.

I’m a different creature than my father. I always have been. I don’t trust. I don’t love. I have no patience. I don’t accept deferred compensation for my time, energy and money. It’s just the way I have always been.
Cool! All I can say is there is only one way to see him again. I wish you well

I’m very familiar with Job. I’ll consider looking at the book, but after talking to as many theologians as I have, I’m not sure there’s a case I haven’t heard already. I don’t do work, physical, spiritual, emotional, etc…without a guarantee of getting paid when the work is done. Never have and never will.
I would say your fathers faith would be a look into what is waiting if he believed to the end, even through his trials, just spitballing

I don’t do work, physical, spiritual, emotional, etc…without a guarantee of getting paid when the work is done. Never have and never will.
Thats could be a problem. You will never get a guarantee of a payoff for purifying and refining your own mind but you will never experience the benefit of doing so unless you do the work first.

The same goes for complying with the divine commands. The promise is abundant blessings and eternal life, on earth, before you die. Thats about as close to a guarantee that you will ever get.

But at least its verifiable, on earth, before you die......IF YOU DO IT.

Last edited:
I would say your fathers faith would be a look into what is waiting if he believed to the end, even through his trials, just spitballing
My father was fortunate. His trials consumed only Beckett years of his life. Mine have consumed every moment since I was conceived; and I turned 50 last month.

I was angry with my father for not renouncing a God who had given him this disease and forced him to endure 3 years of misery and decline while my dad still maintained his faith.

well for him that is what he should have done to suffer the consequences for what he was given to prove their loyalty - the reward being admission to the heavens.

its what those religions cause - persecution and victimization of the innocent - by those that wrote those bibles bent to their own nefarious objectives that is the issue of inequity - not your fathers faith which if there is what he believed they received in the end their reward - that should not really make you angry ... your dads fate could be the same for anyone.

well for him that is what he should have done to suffer the consequences for what he was given to prove their loyalty - the reward being admission to the heavens.
I do hope, for his sake that it was worth it. Even under what I now believe can hope that he was rewarded for the life he lived. Under his faith I will be condemned to eternal damnation, and I can deal with that. Under my current beliefs, at best I can hope to be given another chance to try and get it right here on Earth.

Forum List

Back