Zone1 They Day I Told God to Go F*ck Himself!!!

I don't believe in fairy tales BUT I sort of like to hedge my bets.....I don't ask God for anything so hopefully he leaves me be.....It's worked thus far. ;)
Good for you. I don’t ask for anything anymore because I know the answer will be “No”; so it’s not worth the effort.

Have you considered why your first thought wasn't to burn down the hospital/medical clinic that couldn't cure that cancer? Or the sun. Or Agent Orange. Another consideration...what if that anger being directed at God is because you can't bear to be angry at someone else? God is a safe being to be angry with because he won't meddle with you being angry, he'll wait it out.
Yes I have, actually. The answer….

If I assume that the God he believed in exists, then He would/could have acted through those doctors and medical facilities to cure my dad. Nobody had any expectations of a hand coming down from on high to heal my father. However if that supposed deity gave a fuck there were ways it could have been done.

I don’t blame the waitress, or the server when the cook fucks up my meal.

Not until I get an actual answer that makes sense to me. It’s a simple question. One word. Three letters. I’ve asked clergy and holy men/women from pretty much every organized and semi-organized religious and spiritual organization I can find and I still haven’t gotten Whst seems to me to be a meaningful answer to the question….

WHY?

Because your Father was needed somewhere else perhaps? God has a plan not to harm you.

If I assume that the God he believed in exists, then He would/could have acted through those doctors and medical facilities to cure my dad.
Having had a brief experience of the life to come, I am sure our perspectives are much different. I can easily picture my own loved ones--and your dad--as joyful and awed. What we call life (here on earth) is but a shadow of what awaits. Whose happiness did your dad's death truly affect? If it is your own, I can assure you of one thing...you still have your dad's prayers. Which I am certain you know. It's who your dad is.

Because your Father was needed somewhere else perhaps? God has a plan not to harm you.
That was the joke at his funeral… “His dad and grandfather (my grandfather and great-grandfather) needed another master carpenter for a project in Heaven.”

I didn’t laugh. I wasn’t finished needing him here. Nor was my mom, or the eight grandkids he now has that he never got to meet.

Not until I get an actual answer that makes sense to me. It’s a simple question. One word. Three letters. I’ve asked clergy and holy men/women from pretty much every organized and semi-organized religious and spiritual organization I can find and I still haven’t gotten Whst seems to me to be a meaningful answer to the question….

WHY?
Why your Dad died? I feel for you but when you consider what Christ went through for your salvation, our issues pale in comparison, i have had my share of losses as since I gave my life to Christ, a child, a father, went through countless issues with my sons. God's strength is what got me through! I am in no way trying to trivialize your loss, was your Father true to the end in his belief?

Having had a brief experience of the life to come, I am sure our perspectives are much different. I can easily picture my own loved ones--and your dad--as joyful and awed. What we call life (here on earth) is but a shadow of what awaits. Whose happiness did your dad's death truly affect? If it is your own, I can assure you of one thing...you still have your dad's prayers. Which I am certain you know. It's who your dad is.
I hope that works out for you. I truly do. I’m not interested in that version of Eternity anymore. I’ve moved on.

Good on you for growing up
I lost a loved one to cancer in a similar manner, so this brings back bad memories

And yes, I had similar feelings. Not sure how you couldn't when you experience something like this.

But hey, I stuck it out anyway and did not let go of my faith entirely.

I'm glad I did.

Why your Dad died? I feel for you but when you consider what Christ went through for your salvation, our issues pale in comparison, i have had my share of losses as since I gave my life to Christ, a child, a father, went through countless issues with my sons. God's strength is what got me through! I am in no way trying to trivialize your loss, was your Father true to the end in his belief?
Not just that, but it’s on the list. Yes, my father was true to his faith to the end. Always. Not a single complaint. That’s part of why I was so angry with my father at the end too. I’ve gotten over that anger.

I’m a different creature than my father. I always have been. I don’t trust. I don’t love. I have no patience. I don’t accept deferred compensation for my time, energy and money. It’s just the way I have always been.

I lost a loved one to cancer in a similar manner, so this brings back bad memories

And yes, I had similar feelings. Not sure how you couldn't when you experience something like this.

But hey, I stuck it out anyway and did not let go of my faith entirely.

I'm glad I did.
I’m very sorry to hear that this brought back bad memories. I sincerely apologize. Thst wasn’t the intent. I do hope your faith works out for you. Truly.

If everyone lived forever in disease and pain free lives, we would all be already dead and in heaven.

Bad things happen to very good people. God doesn't promise a rose garden but a crown of thorns.

Bad things happen to very good people. God doesn't promise a rose garden but a crown of thorns.
Yes they do. Far too often; and good things happen to bad people with even greater frequency. I’m not interested in worshipping a God who claims to be loving and caring but who does that.

Yes they do. Far too often; and good things happen to bad people with even greater frequency. I’m not interested in worshipping a God who claims to be loving and caring but who does that.
You have that freedom. It has been my experience that when God wants my attention my life becomes unbearably painful.

Yes, my father was true to his faith to the end. Always. Not a single complaint. That’s part of why I was so angry with my father at the end too.

what does that mean - they were a desert dweller, christian bible ... there is a great deal wrong with those religions that is what you wanted to (burn down).

what does that mean - they were a desert dweller, christian bible ... there is a great deal wrong with those religions that is what you wanted to (burn down).
I was angry with my father for not renouncing a God who had given him this disease and forced him to endure 3 years of misery and decline while my dad still maintained his faith.

It’s been my experience that my life has always been painful or problematic in one way or another, since my conception.
True for me as well. As a child I prayed that I would be kidnapped by gypsies. There never were any gypsies. Does this mean there is no God? Evidently not. He has been beating the shit out of me for decades.

That's the really uncomfortable part. It doesn't matter whether you believe in God or not. Your life is going to trundle along anyway. Your father died too young and I can see this as an unspeakable tragedy. However, he was going to die whether you believe in God or not. In fact, in your entire life your rage against God never got you a thing. Not even a Sunday feel good.

F*ck God indeed. Your love and admiration for your father stems from his being so selfless. He existed to help others. Meaning of life? There's the answer. But look after yourself so you may continue doing the best you can for those most near and dear.

Forum List

Back