They Were Warned: Covington Catholic teen sues 54 news outlets, lawmakers and celebrities

The Church that runs the school is also being sued, so that argument goes down the tubes.

Nick Sandmann's lawyers can easily prove damages. They don't have to be immediate to be valid.

In the case of Nick Sandmann, his lawyer doesn't have to prove actual malice because Sandman didn't choose to become a public figure.

Club 54: Sandmann attorneys threaten dozens with legal action for Covington coverage

The process would likely have to be the point. Libel and slander laws make it tough to win, even for non-public persons such as Sandmann. Sullivan doesn’t apply in this case; the respondents in the prospective lawsuits made Sandmann into a public figure without participation from him. That relieves the plaintiff from having to establish “actual malice” toward Sandmann, but they would still have to prove that these media outlets and individuals acted with some form of malice to prevail.
Sandman was criticized for his actions
That is neither slander or libel

Your silly smirk makes you look like a jerk is not slanderous. It is a statement of opinion

The people being sued lied about his actions. So did you. He could sue you if he wanted to. You're defaming him on a public forum. You'd better get your ducks in a row and stop lying about him before you receive a summons.

NO ONE has been sued, and no on is being sued. Get over that notion. It's not going to happen.

The lawyers sent out "chill letters" intended to make people stop talking about his client on threat of law suit. It's not going to work. I personally find it offensive that the parents of these children hire a public relations firm and a team of lawyers to defend their little brats, there claiming white privelege to an extent and degree seldom seen.

It is Nathan Phillips who is being slandered here by these so-called "Christian" families and their rich people's army of spin doctors, lawyers and liars. Sandman is not and has never been a "public figure". Getting his name splashed all over social medial doesn't make him a public figure, so that dog will not hunt.

These spoilt brats and their obnoxious parents are going to get bitch slapped into next week for these elitist, racist and frankly, lying tactics. I hope they're bankrupted by it.

Get back to us when you figure out the legal process...dumbass.
Covington high school student, lawyers prepare for possible libel fight, release video of 'the truth'

I spent 35 years working in the law, a$$hat, that's why I know they don't have a case. The lawyers are just trying trying to frighten news media into silence, and it's not working, nor should it. Their carefully edited video notwithstanding, these kids don't have a legal leg to stand on. And I can well imagine the judge slamming the chaperones for letting these children try to take on and swarm adults, which is what the unedited video shows.

There is no basis for a law suit. NONE. Nobody lied about these boys,
I find it difficult to believe that you know anything about the law. You just displayed a boatload of legal ignorance. The people named are already being sued, shit-for-brains. The summonses have already bent drafted and are in the process of being delivered.

You're like a rat giving the finger to an eagle that is about to pounce on you.

Last edited:

Your silly smirk makes you look like a jerk is not slanderous. It is a statement of opinion

The people being sued lied about his actions. So did you. He could sue you if he wanted to. You're defaming him on a public forum. You'd better get your ducks in a row and stop lying about him before you receive a summons.

NO ONE has been sued, and no on is being sued. Get over that notion. It's not going to happen.

The lawyers sent out "chill letters" intended to make people stop talking about his client on threat of law suit. It's not going to work. I personally find it offensive that the parents of these children hire a public relations firm and a team of lawyers to defend their little brats, there claiming white privelege to an extent and degree seldom seen.

It is Nathan Phillips who is being slandered here by these so-called "Christian" families and their rich people's army of spin doctors, lawyers and liars. Sandman is not and has never been a "public figure". Getting his name splashed all over social medial doesn't make him a public figure, so that dog will not hunt.

These spoilt brats and their obnoxious parents are going to get bitch slapped into next week for these elitist, racist and frankly, lying tactics. I hope they're bankrupted by it.

Covington high school student, lawyers prepare for possible libel fight, release video of 'the truth'

I spent 35 years working in the law, a$$hat, that's why I know they don't have a case. The lawyers are just trying trying to frighten news media into silence, and it's not working, nor should it. Their carefully edited video notwithstanding, these kids don't have a legal leg to stand on. And I can well imagine the judge slamming the chaperones for letting these children try to take on and swarm adults, which is what the unedited video shows.

carefully edited video?

you mean like the ones CNN and others used to make them look bad? yet when they show you the full video, suddenly editing matters?
I doubt she's watched any video at all other than a short clip shown by the fake news media.

he acted like an ass.

So I called him an ass.

Sorry to be repetitive. But he acts like an ass…so I called him an ass.
How did he "act like an ass," douchebag?
he didn't budge when the fake vietnam vet came at him. he stood his ground, and as we all know, leftists can't stand someone standing their ground.

You guys don’t like those who served, we get that.
But you do like hat boys who will never enlist and act like asses. We get that too.

You guys don't like those who served, we get that.

But you do like guys who pretended to serve and make public nuisances of themselves. We get that too.

You’re siding with hat boy over a veteran
You’re siding with shin splints over Mueller

I’m fine with those who served…perhaps the nicotine has warped your brain?
Right and wrong are not determined by whether you were in the service. If it was, then McCain would have been president rather than Obama.

You really are a special kind of stupid.

They were warned - just apologize, admit you were wrong, and it all goes away. Nope.....

It will be an up-hill battle, but if they get Jury Trials, as much as Americans hate Fake-News right now, they could stand to make a ton of money.

Forget the money - Just the negative publicity alone for attacking children with / over fake news simply because they wore a hat supporting the President of the United States, choosing to ignore the 'Stolen Valor Vet' and Black Hate Group to do so, will be damaging.

“I think the whole fighting-back part benefits Sandmann in some way, to restore his reputation in the court of public opinion as well as in the court of law,” said Clay Calvert, who teaches media law at the University of Florida.'

Nick Sandmann, Covington Catholic teen, begins legal battle against media, celebrities
The little pussy with the MAGA hat went to DC with his MAGA friends looking for trouble.

They found it, and now the titty baby snowflake is running to mommy and daddy to make the mean people stop.

Sue me.

that is a normal day on social media any more.
This how you justify your comment...?

'B...b..but everyone on social media is doing it...'
No one is excusing it. Pointing out it exists isn't excusing. Just like pointing out that tiny donnie is a liar isn't excusing it.

There were no threads calling it out when it happened to David Hogg.
Hogg made himself a public figure. The kid from Covington did nothing to earn the treatment he recieved.

Harvard bound David Hogg is a great example of the positive contribution today’s youth can provide

MAGA Boy is an embarrassment
Hogg is a jackass and a fool. He's been trying to capitalize on his victim status ever since the shooting occurred. There's nothing about him to admire.

They were warned - just apologize, admit you were wrong, and it all goes away. Nope.....

It will be an up-hill battle, but if they get Jury Trials, as much as Americans hate Fake-News right now, they could stand to make a ton of money.

Forget the money - Just the negative publicity alone for attacking children with / over fake news simply because they wore a hat supporting the President of the United States, choosing to ignore the 'Stolen Valor Vet' and Black Hate Group to do so, will be damaging.

“I think the whole fighting-back part benefits Sandmann in some way, to restore his reputation in the court of public opinion as well as in the court of law,” said Clay Calvert, who teaches media law at the University of Florida.'

Nick Sandmann, Covington Catholic teen, begins legal battle against media, celebrities
The little pussy with the MAGA hat went to DC with his MAGA friends looking for trouble.

They found it, and now the titty baby snowflake is running to mommy and daddy to make the mean people stop.

Sue me.
Another outright lie by a jackass.

How did he "act like an ass," douchebag?
he didn't budge when the fake vietnam vet came at him. he stood his ground, and as we all know, leftists can't stand someone standing their ground.

You guys don’t like those who served, we get that.
But you do like hat boys who will never enlist and act like asses. We get that too.

You guys don't like those who served, we get that.

But you do like guys who pretended to serve and make public nuisances of themselves. We get that too.

You’re siding with hat boy over a veteran
You’re siding with shin splints over Mueller

I’m fine with those who served…perhaps the nicotine has warped your brain?
yes I'm siding with the young amercian who did nothing. so why don't you name what he did. why are you afraid to say? the indian falsely stated he was in vietnam, and he wasn't, so you are backing a liar and an admitted one because he said he lied. Also, the indian instigated the entire situation, to which the young man did not respond. so I know who you are. you prefer to pick on a kid because you hate them and would kill them after birth.
It's amazing how triggered these snowflakes are even though they know they are in the wrong. Nothing gets their hatred stirred up more than those MAGA hats.

carefully edited video?

you mean like the ones CNN and others used to make them look bad? yet when they show you the full video, suddenly editing matters?

The full unedited video makes the kids look totally out of control. Nathan Phillips blocked them from attack the big ass grown up black men who were heckling them. Again, these are children. Where were the chaperones. As a parent, if my kid got involved in a dangerous situation like that on a school outing, I'd want someone's ass for not looking out for these kids.

Where are the parents? The teachers?

What a huge pile of horseshit. Nothing you posted is true.

The kids were acting like kids, and they were quite well behaved.

Again, what do you imagine the chaperone was supposed to do?

Sue me.
Reports said they purchased the hats from a vendor in D.C. This lawsuit thing should have been started years ago. You are making more out of Trump then needs to be. He is not an extremist like Obama was. Obama shut out a good portion of the population.

Sue me.
you're just like a big stick looking for a pile of shit to stir up.

I find it difficult to believe that you know anything about the law. You just displayed a boatload of legal ignorance. The people named are already being sued, shit-for-brains. The summonses have already bent drafted and are in the process of being delivered.

I kinda liked, "I can well imagine the judge jumping all over people who aren't involved in the lawsuit, just because I think he should, and that's what always happens on 'Law and Order'."

And "those kids tried to swarm adults!" Uh huh. Yeah, she really watched that video.

Sue me.
Reports said they purchased the hats from a vendor in D.C. This lawsuit thing should have been started years ago. You are making more out of Trump then needs to be. He is not an extremist like Obama was. Obama shut out a good portion of the population.
in the end it doesn't have anything to do with trump other than the kid wore a TRUMP hat and it triggered the rest of the bullshit.

Last edited:
The Church that runs the school is also being sued, so that argument goes down the tubes.

Nick Sandmann's lawyers can easily prove damages. They don't have to be immediate to be valid.

In the case of Nick Sandmann, his lawyer doesn't have to prove actual malice because Sandman didn't choose to become a public figure.

Club 54: Sandmann attorneys threaten dozens with legal action for Covington coverage

The process would likely have to be the point. Libel and slander laws make it tough to win, even for non-public persons such as Sandmann. Sullivan doesn’t apply in this case; the respondents in the prospective lawsuits made Sandmann into a public figure without participation from him. That relieves the plaintiff from having to establish “actual malice” toward Sandmann, but they would still have to prove that these media outlets and individuals acted with some form of malice to prevail.

Sure, and Rightwinger watches Judge Judy, every day, and he seems to feel that qualifies him...dumbass.

You can sue anyone
Winning is a different matter

The news media reported the story they had.

Sure, and Rightwinger watches Judge Judy, every day, and he seems to feel that qualifies him...dumbass.

Makes me an expert on inter web law

You can sue anyone

They lied after the facts were published, moron.

carefully edited video?

The full unedited video makes the kids look totally out of control. Nathan Phillips blocked them from attack the big ass grown up black men who were heckling them. Again, these are children. Where were the chaperones. As a parent, if my kid got involved in a dangerous situation like that on a school outing, I'd want someone's ass for not looking out for these kids.

The kids were unsupervised and out of control. They should have moved away from potential trouble

You can sue anyone

They lied after the facts were published, moron.
Show the lie Finger Boy

carefully edited video?

The kids were unsupervised and out of control. They should have moved away from potential trouble
Neither claim is true. You're still lying and slandering Nick Sandmann.

The bottom line: you're a fucking douchebag.

carefully edited video?

bullshit.

show the video and timestamp.

Forum List

Back