Thieves drilling holes in cars to steal gas in Atlanta

So. . . now that it can be as expensive as like, $100 for some folks to just fill up, that is one new anxiety for folks, constantly looking out their windows.

:sigh2:

It just occurred to me, folks will now start coveting the fuel in your car. . . would they stoop to stealing it? So I did a search, perhaps there are now robberies appearing in the nation. Of course, someone has thought to start doing that.

Watch your gas folks.

Hook the car alarm to a spark plug in the tank.
He wont do that again and you get a new car

We aren't talking about just siphoning here Willis! It's property destruction.
Go price an installed gas tank for your vehicle!
Good point! That would be terrible. But I agree the explosion danger would be considerable, so I wonder if it's true.

I hope one gets you, then their buddy gets you the next night.
Ain't gonna happen in my neck of the woods, but, there are field rats that will chew all of the wiring to the fuel sending unit free of charge.

The PNW has been experiencing the "catalytic converter thing" for some time now. That engine part is easy to steal, easy to to sell and.... expensive as hell to tow and repair your car when you get robbed. This is actually a very well organized , international crime gig. That being said... a $600 perimeter alarm system is extremely effective in convincing thieves to rob someone else.

Forum List

Back