Things I have Learned from Playing MMORPGs

When I use to play Halo CE online (which was so awesome, there were so many user submitted maps and mods...I miss it a lot)...anyway, they had groups you could play in...you had to be invited and the games were private. Anyone cheating would be kicked out.
Is there not anything like that now?
There are, I think. Been invited to join one group, //FB//, but haven't done so yet. Hackers tend to focus on those groups and try to hack member accounts and use those accounts to obviously hack thereby getting a non-hacker banned and giving the group a bad name. Other hackers don't hack at first, are invited, join then turn on their hacks, anything and everything to destroy the reputation of the clans and access private games. Some people just need to get a life.

Ahhh. it certainly sounds like some people need to get a life. :D :D

Quit playing first person shooters and doom like games they are all designed to be easily hacked. Play real MMORPG's like DDO or Neverwinter.

When I use to play Halo CE online (which was so awesome, there were so many user submitted maps and mods...I miss it a lot)...anyway, they had groups you could play in...you had to be invited and the games were private. Anyone cheating would be kicked out.
Is there not anything like that now?
There are, I think. Been invited to join one group, //FB//, but haven't done so yet. Hackers tend to focus on those groups and try to hack member accounts and use those accounts to obviously hack thereby getting a non-hacker banned and giving the group a bad name. Other hackers don't hack at first, are invited, join then turn on their hacks, anything and everything to destroy the reputation of the clans and access private games. Some people just need to get a life.

Ahhh. it certainly sounds like some people need to get a life. :D :D
Uuuummmm, if you're referring to me I play maybe 30 minutes a day on average.

Yeah, an MMORPG is short for Massive Multiplayer Online Roll Playing Game, for example Everquest, World of Warcraft, etc.

There are things that happen within these games that are revealing as people feel like their are no consequences for what they do. They can commit all kinds of actions with no real world consequences and it shows in their behavior online.

Most people have heard of the PKers or Player Killers who amuse themselves by killing other players. In some games like Ultima Online, these are players who enjoy the idea of killing other players more than they like killing the monsters in the game.

And then there are Greifers, who love to make people feel greif in their game play. They will insult people kill them resurrect them and kill them repeatedly just to cause the players stats to erode in some games. It is a display of mentally warped thinking.

These types are well known enough even among nonplayers, but what most people dont know about are the CONSPIRACIES that go on in these games. The guilds/kinships/Clubs whatever you want to call them are leagues of players who advance themselves at everyone elses expense and so they do things like try to obtain control of critical resources that spawn in a game so they can run the price up. They even will volunteer as game refs on other servers so they can establish intra-guild refs that will give favor to each other. Seriously these guys get very deeply intertwined in alliances with relatively unknown groups of players in the quest to gain some small advantage in a GAME.

But then again, there are countless numbers of good people who play and will give you anything that you could possibly need once they know you and trust you. I dont play as much as my wife does, but the players in her guild have given me so much help in the game and we have traded ideas for game play and tactics that my toon is among the raiding elite, though I hardly ever raid any, lol.

There are people who get a kick out of kicking others in the teeth and ten times more who get a kick out of helping you up off the ground. The trick in real life is to avoid the first and find as many as you can of the latter.
Sounds ghay in the first place...

Sounds ghay in the first place...
That is G-H-E-Y, dipstick, and you would be the expert, wouldnt you.

lol
I have my own versions, plus I tried playing those lame games, but went back to military strategy of Napoleon and Rome...Axis and Allies....Civ V without including outside assholes to play with...Now it's E-sports that is the hot item...

I have my own versions, plus I tried playing those lame games, but went back to military strategy of Napoleon and Rome...Axis and Allies....Civ V without including outside assholes to play with...Now it's E-sports that is the hot item...
You ever play Medieval Total War or any of that series?

Axis and Allies is ghey, but there are som old board games that were genuine historical simulations like 'Rise and Decline of the Third Reich' or 'Drang Nach Osten', etc.

Axis and Allies is ghey, but there are som old board games that were genuine historical simulations like 'Rise and Decline of the Third Reich' or 'Drang Nach Osten', etc.
I have all the board game version when I played in a group during the 1970's and 1980's. The only game that was transferred was Napoleon's Last Battles. I sure like the electronics versions, no cat jumping on a board with 2-3k counters set up...
Plus I don't live in OKC where there are clubs of board players in an old strip mall...

Cheaters, hacks and boosters, all people who have no control or power in their real lives find that control and power over others in multiplayer games which is one of the primary reasons they do it. Some are those who are fed up with the control hacks and rationalize their own hacking as a legitimate response. What makes it pathetic is it's just a game, it's not real life.

That asshole has gotten me once & others mimicking him have gotten me two other times.
Lost all game progress & had to wipe my file saves to keep from getting banned.

This kind of bullshit is why I only play shooters on console where cheating will get you a permanent console ban. It still happens but is very rare. If caught you have to buy a new console to play online. If caught a second time you also get an isp ban.

I have all the board game version when I played in a group during the 1970's and 1980's. The only game that was transferred was Napoleon's Last Battles. I sure like the electronics versions, no cat jumping on a board with 2-3k counters set up...
Plus I don't live in OKC where there are clubs of board players in an old strip mall...
dont know where you live but you might find some folks on Craigslist

I got addicted to a game I won't mention and became one of the top players but it cost me a fortune LMAO You have to buy your way to the top as well. it's all horseshit.. I quit about a yr ago after playing for several yrs.

Forum List

Back